I know we all Love The Boys, But lets face it

stealth

Benched
Reaction score
links18;2311152 said:
Yes, as a matter of fact, but what the hell are you talking about?

I saw you there spinning as hard as you could, I just wanted to be sure you are okay.

ChrisCanty99

Reaction score
links18;2311119 said:
Phillips doesn't seem to "coach" very much during the game. He seems almost like a fan who is just watching the game. Seemed more relieved than anything we won today. Almost like he was powerless to do anything to change the outcome and was just happy we squeaked it out.

:lmao2:

I think the quoted word you were looking for is "seem".

You realize the Bengals game was a no-win game for this team, right?

Beat the Bengals handily, great, that's what you're supposed to do.

Lose to the Bengals? Mass anarchy, rioting and looting.

Squeak out a win? Endure whining for at least a week about how the win wasn't good enough.

This is exactly the attitude in fans and media that players despise.

The Bengals were desperate for a win. 0-4 with their season flashing before their eyes. Only a couple seasons removed from great promise. Two great WRs and a feisty defense determined to uphold Zimmer's honor. Not a pushover.

We won. It wasn't perfect. Accept it and move on. Let's all hope Romo becomes more consistent and the defense figures out a way to stop the short pass. The season ain't over, it's barely 1/4 the way through.

Let's grow a collective backbone here and stop whining.
:banghead:

CNY Cowboy

Benched
Reaction score
I expected to get nailed by you guys and may I say I love your optimism.

But calling my OPINION dumb, well I guess I should have expected that from some here.

If we don't agree on the team and what you think we're dumb, OK I get it .

I'll be careful not to give any opinions here that don't coincide with your opinions.

Oh, by the way ,check out some of the posts here at the beginning of EVERY game we play and make mistakes.

I read We suck, our D didn't, show up, our coaching sucks ,Wade has to go and soooo much more , but when we squeak one out from a team that most here said we would not should ,but would dominate and we win all is forgotten.

Again sorry for the dumb post. From now on I'll try and read what your all thinking and chime in to agree.

yea, thats what I'll do.

Hey Mods, delete this dumb post if you want, don't want to clutter this forum with opinions.

vta

The Proletariat
Reaction score
For some reason it seems Dallas just plays to the level of it's opponent.
They played lights out against Philly, had a great game against GB and against the surprising Commanders, found they can't do whatever they want and against Cinci, faced a desperate team, looking to gain some shred of respectability.

Romo seems off a bit this season, for whatever reason, and the offense isn't always clicking, but this team isn't a D, and it isn't rose colored glasses to recognize that.

There's nothing to face, each week is a different game; expecting huge blowouts game in and game out and being dejected when it doesn't happen, strikes me as someone who has had their rose colored glasses stepped on by the playground bully.

Being overly pessimistic isn't being realistic, it's simply the contrast to being overly optimistic.

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
CNY Cowboy;2311181 said:

But calling my OPINION dumb, well I guess I should have expected that from some here.

I'll be careful not to give any opinions here that don't coincide with your opinions.

Oh, by the way ,check out some of the posts here at the beginning of EVERY game we play and make mistakes.

I read We suck, our D didn't, show up, our coaching sucks ,Wade has to go and soooo much more , but when we squeak one out from a team that most here said we would not should ,but would dominate and we win all is forgotten.

Again sorry for the dumb post. From now on I'll try and read what your all thinking and chime in to agree.

yea, thats what I'll do.

Hey Mods, delete this dumb post if you want, don't want to clutter this forum with opinions.
Your opinion that this is a "D rated" team is patently stupid. Sorry if that offends you. But it's the truth.

More people need to hear that their opinions are stupid. Then maybe they won't share them as freely.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
CNY Cowboy;2311086 said:
We have a C- Defense, a B rated offense, no toughness,no aggressiveness ,no leadership on the field or on the sidelines (from what I've seen)
You might see the future thru rose colored glasses but the short of it is we are playing like an average NFL team.
We have a bunch of individuals who are great looking on paper but as a team they rate as a D.

I Hate to say it, but I feel there has to be a shake up on this team, and I mean a major shake up if we want to progress as a SB contender.

The other teams in our division definitely seem hungrier.

I don't think the talent is inferior, as a matter of fact the talent ,as I said earlier,as individuals is in the top 3 in the league. But Football isn't a sport of individuals.

I know the talent is there so maybe it's the coaching,scheme and as I said, leadership that has to be addressed.

If we're happy with the way we played the last two games and just worry about we won the game and we're 4-1 then I think disappointment is on the horizon.

Sorry for the rant, let the berating begin.
This is just my opinion.;)

But ask yourself this.

When Dallas usually plays one of the best teams in the league don't they usually play up to that level?

I mean Washington is supposedly one of the best teams in football and they only beat us by 2 points in a game where Dallas looked tottally un-enthused.

If Dallas plays a good team we'll bring it. No doubt.

links18

Reaction score
ChrisCanty99;2311172 said:

Squeak out a win? Endure whining for at least a week about how the win wasn't good enough.

The Bengals were desperate for a win. 0-4 with their season flashing before their eyes. Only a couple seasons removed from great promise. Two great WRs and a feisty defense determined to uphold Zimmer's honor. Not a pushover.

We won. It wasn't perfect. Accept it and move on. Let's all hope Romo becomes more consistent and the defense figures out a way to stop the short pass. The season ain't over, it's barely 1/4 the way through.

Fine, the Bungles are not nearly as bad as their record. That's true. The point spread was ridiculous for this game. I am actually not surprised it was close. It was closer than it should have been though. Still, it just doesn't look like our team is playing with the same intensity and focus as the other teams in our division right now.

Chocolate Lab

Run-loving Dino
Reaction score
ChrisCanty99;2311172 said:

:signmast:

Here's my question: Why do I see scores of posts like the OP proclaiming that this team isn't that good, is overrated, won't go anywhere, etc... And then still see all the *****ing and moaning when every game isn't a blowout win? If you realize they aren't that great, why are you shocked when the games are close?

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
CNY Cowboy;2311181 said:

yea, thats what I'll do.

When you say that a b plus a c- = d

and when you say that a 4-1 team is a D, then what do you honestly expect?

You may have been told there's no such thing as a stupid opinion, but if that's the case, you've been lied to.

Mansta54

Reaction score
theogt;2311193 said:
Your opinion that this is a "D rated" team is patently stupid. Sorry if that offends you. But it's the truth.

More people need to hear that their opinions are stupid. Then maybe they won't share them as freely.

:bow:

jobberone

Kane Ala
Reaction score
CNY Cowboy;2311086 said:
We have a C- Defense, a B rated offense, no toughness,no aggressiveness ,no leadership on the field or on the sidelines (from what I've seen)
You might see the future thru rose colored glasses but the short of it is we are playing like an average NFL team.
We have a bunch of individuals who are great looking on paper but as a team they rate as a D.

I Hate to say it, but I feel there has to be a shake up on this team, and I mean a major shake up if we want to progress as a SB contender.

The other teams in our division definitely seem hungrier.

I don't think the talent is inferior, as a matter of fact the talent ,as I said earlier,as individuals is in the top 3 in the league. But Football isn't a sport of individuals.

I know the talent is there so maybe it's the coaching,scheme and as I said, leadership that has to be addressed.

If we're happy with the way we played the last two games and just worry about we won the game and we're 4-1 then I think disappointment is on the horizon.

Sorry for the rant, let the berating begin.
This is just my opinion.;)

Couldn't disagree more. They showed everyone and most importantly themselves they could win the close and tough ones. I saw intensity up the ying yang, character and leadership across the board.

The Bengals are a very good offense. Their defense is better than rated. They came in here and played the only game we gave them which happens to be their strengths. If they had been able to develop a running game like the Skins did then we probably would have lost today. The Bengals had to make quick drops because anyone who tries to do otherwise is likely going to get beat up. That's how good our defensive line and front seven are. And they took what they could against any team. No team would have gotten to Palmer until late in the game which we did. We stopped them when the offense and STs put us in a hole.

I think this team may have found its identity today. They're a tough group of guys not only determined to win but who refused to lose. That's the mark of a great team.

They just need to keep doing it.

kai cyr

Reaction score
links18;2311119 said:
Phillips doesn't seem to "coach" very much during the game. He seems almost like a fan who is just watching the game. Seemed more relieved than anything we won today. Almost like he was powerless to do anything to change the outcome and was just happy we squeaked it out.

I know right! He doesn't look he knows what he's doin at all! When we get a touchdown he's like "YAYYY We got a Home run!"

sonnyboy

Benched
Reaction score
CNY Cowboy;2311181 said:

yea, thats what I'll do.

I don't think the most optimistic fans coming into the season, like myself, will tell you the team is quite as good as we hoped or thought they were.

We're close, but not quite there yet.

I think the problem you and other disappointed fans are having is rooted in the fact that you're forgetting the other team on the field...........
THEY GET PAID TO.
They are not here to simply roll over and let our Cowboys do as they may.

The Bengals may be 0-5, but they are not your typical cellar dweller, 2 to 4 win team. They may only win 5 games because of the bad start, but they are not the 08 Rams or 07 Dolphins. They have some talent and will win some games this year.

rangers71

Reaction score
kai cyr;2311252 said:
I know right! He doesn't look he knows what he's doin at all! When we get a touchdown he's like "YAYYY We got a Home run!"

You two guys are crazy. Wade has forgotten more about football than every member of this board knows put together. Do you really think he isn't coaching over there? Just because he isn't screaming at everyone like Bill Cowher dis doesn't mean he isn't coaching. By the way just because Cowher screamed doesn't make him a good coach. He is a good coach but it isn't because he screams.

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
CNY Cowboy;2311086 said:

A 4-1 record is "average"??

No need to read any further, you're just another football illiterate who doesn't understand the game at all...

Some of you guys expect our team to come out and play perfectly, each and every week... you're never gonna be able to enjoy the ride, no matter HOW well the Boys might play...

I've been a Cowboys fan for 48 years plus now, and I never have seen this perfect team y'all keep on expecting to show up...

gocowboys25

Reaction score
Boy you guys sound like Wade with the 4-1 talk but let me just ask you where did all the 12-4 talk get us last year? One and done.
I guess it's not so much that they're 4-1 but how they look. They aren't looking like a 4-1 team with the penalties, fumbles and flat play. The first few weeks they looked good but the last two weeks they aren't playing with any passion. I know we are barely into the season but considering when they start playing unenthusiastically they haven't been able to snap out of it. Also I don't think it's good for this team to feel like they can play "bad" and pull out a win and they'll be okay. Anyways jmo

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
gocowboys25;2312433 said:
Boy you guys sound like Wade with the 4-1 talk but let me just ask you where did all the 12-4 talk get us last year? One and done.
I guess it's not so much that they're 4-1 but how they look. They aren't looking like a 4-1 team with the penalties, fumbles and flat play. The first few weeks they looked good but the last two weeks they aren't playing with any passion. I know we are barely into the season but considering when they start playing unenthusiastically they haven't been able to snap out of it. Also I don't think it's good for this team to feel like they can play "bad" and pull out a win and they'll be okay. Anyways jmo
fail.jpg

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
windward;2311099 said:
C- Defense
B offense
equals
a D team?

I'm sorry this post is beyond ridiculous.
This is exactly the kind of thinking that causes us to mock them for being Chicken Littles. Of course now they will turn this around and say we can't handle criticism. This isn't criticism, it's rubbish.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
CNY Cowboy;2311181 said:

yea, thats what I'll do.

That isn't what anyone is saying.

Come down off your cross, we need the firewood. Going to be a long cold winter.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Apparently, the forum handles criticism about as well as the team does...

:rolleyes: