I know we all Love The Boys, But lets face it

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Cowboys still need to improve their play because they are not playing up to their abilities right now. Having said that we are 4-1 with room for improvement, I see that as a good thing not the end of the world or season.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
CNY Cowboy;2311086 said:
We have a C- Defense, a B rated offense, no toughness,no aggressiveness ,no leadership on the field or on the sidelines (from what I've seen)
You might see the future thru rose colored glasses but the short of it is we are playing like an average NFL team.
We have a bunch of individuals who are great looking on paper but as a team they rate as a D.

I Hate to say it, but I feel there has to be a shake up on this team, and I mean a major shake up if we want to progress as a SB contender.

The other teams in our division definitely seem hungrier.

I don't think the talent is inferior, as a matter of fact the talent ,as I said earlier,as individuals is in the top 3 in the league. But Football isn't a sport of individuals.

I know the talent is there so maybe it's the coaching,scheme and as I said, leadership that has to be addressed.

If we're happy with the way we played the last two games and just worry about we won the game and we're 4-1 then I think disappointment is on the horizon.

Sorry for the rant, let the berating begin.
This is just my opinion.;)

Your opinion is wrong...... :rolleyes:

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
stasheroo;2312478 said:
Apparently, the forum handles criticism about as well as the team does...

:rolleyes:
There is a difference between constructive criticism and stupidity.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
ejthedj;2311113 said:
How does a C- and a B add up to a D?

Some math

And this offense is an A by any measure... points, yards, players, explosiveness, oline, wr, rb, qb, te

I'd say A offense, C defense, and B special teams (on the whole this year). We are playing like a B overall, but can improve on Defense enough for an A- overall

I differ a bit.

B+ offense
C defense
B- special teams

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
links18;2311119 said:
Phillips doesn't seem to "coach" very much during the game. He seems almost like a fan who is just watching the game. Seemed more relieved than anything we won today. Almost like he was powerless to do anything to change the outcome and was just happy we squeaked it out.

His standard demeanor on the sidelines is puzzlement, vague discomfort and relief. Oh, and sometimes two hands in the air when he is really excited.
Yer right. He doesn't coach. Perhaps he feels that he coaches enough during the week and on game day his is simply observing.

Nexx

Reaction score
C+ defense + A- offense + talented players = 4-1 record and a overall grade of B so far for the season with room to improve.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
CNY Cowboy;2311086 said:
I know we all Love The Boys, But lets face it. I think the team sucks. Some people agree with me. Some people don't. And some people are undecided.
Fixed.

Velvet Jones

Reaction score
CNY Cowboy;2311086 said:
We have a C- Defense, a B rated offense, no toughness,no aggressiveness ,no leadership on the field or on the sidelines (from what I've seen)
You might see the future thru rose colored glasses but the short of it is we are playing like an average NFL team.
We have a bunch of individuals who are great looking on paper but as a team they rate as a D.

I Hate to say it, but I feel there has to be a shake up on this team, and I mean a major shake up if we want to progress as a SB contender.

cheergirl01.gif

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
CNY Cowboy;2311181 said:
I expected to get nailed by you guys and may I say I love your optimism.

But calling my OPINION dumb, well I guess I should have expected that from some here.

If we don't agree on the team and what you think we're dumb, OK I get it .

I'll be careful not to give any opinions here that don't coincide with your opinions.

Oh, by the way ,check out some of the posts here at the beginning of EVERY game we play and make mistakes.

I read We suck, our D didn't, show up, our coaching sucks ,Wade has to go and soooo much more , but when we squeak one out from a team that most here said we would not should ,but would dominate and we win all is forgotten.

Again sorry for the dumb post. From now on I'll try and read what your all thinking and chime in to agree.

yea, thats what I'll do.

Hey Mods, delete this dumb post if you want, don't want to clutter this forum with opinions.

From what I read they were calling your math skills dumb, but hey way to be the martyr not enough of those around here today

dmq

If I'm so pretty, why am I available?
Reaction score
I think we all know that this team has problems, but so do other teams.

BruceWayne

Tennione72
Reaction score
I must admit I get a little bent outta shape when we're playing 10 yards off the WR's or when we they don't get to the QB when I think they should get there. Bottom line is I would much rather peak in December than Sep or early Oct. So what we got some kinks to work out. So does every team in the league. Relax fellas a Win is a Win is a Win no matter how you look at it.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
CNY Cowboy;2311086 said:

I don't think the talent is inferior, as a matter of fact the talent ,as I said earlier,as individuals is in the top 3 in the league. But Football isn't a sport of individuals.

I know the talent is there so maybe it's the coaching,scheme and as I said, leadership that has to be addressed.

If we're happy with the way we played the last two games and just worry about we won the game and we're 4-1 then I think disappointment is on the horizon.

Sorry I don't buy this at all, if this team had no leadership, toughness or aggressiveness we would not be 4-1. In this day and age of parity the differance between teams is small even teams like Cinn can step up and take any team to the matt as they did the Giants. When Dallas has had to come up and make plays they have. I think too many spend their time belittling other NFL teams that they fail to see that there are paid professionals on the other side of the ball and have legit talent

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
Eskimo;2311108 said:
A 4-1 team is a D? What were you expecting?

Clearly he thought 5-0 with four 30+ point blowouts.

Apparently someone forgot to mention to him that this is the NFL and not the NCAA.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
stealth;2311150 said:
I just don't get what is wrong with us being 4-1 and that being a credit to the whole team?

coaches and players

you guys confuse the crap out of me

Some of these guys must be REALLY unhappy to be Cowboys fans. I'd hate to be so upset about winning that I went to look and nitpick every little thing I could every time the team didn't win by 20 or more.

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
stasheroo;2312478 said:
Apparently, the forum handles criticism about as well as the team does...

:rolleyes:

Legitimate criticism is one thing, tripe like this thread is another entirely...

JohnnyHopkins

This is a house of learned doctors
Reaction score
Yeesh. Not much difference between the forum today and the Wine Train in Napa Valley (except the Grapes here are a little too sour for consumption).

chinch

No Quarter
Reaction score
pretty fair overall, especially when you factor penalties, etc.

* 12-men on the field after a 2-minute warning timeout
* delay of game after offensive timeout

On the days with less mistakes against inferior teams you can bump the Defense to C+ and Offense to B+

Hunger not there.

Leadership and accountability is ZILCH. ("I am pretty sure we won the ballgame"... "we were 13-3", etc.)

Big-4 Coaching is abysmal overall (HC, DC, OC and ST).

CNY Cowboy;2311086 said:

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
CNY Cowboy;2311086 said:

Let me ask a few questions.

Do you think we should've gone 16 and 0?

If so, should we have won all games 40 to nothing?

If not, then what did you predict our record to be?

If 12 and 4, who were our losses to come from?

If we lost 4 games, was it because we can't play or that team was simply better that game?

You my friend, very hard to please.