I know what out 1st round pick will be

juck

Reaction score
A LT. Flo isnt getting it done.Romo is feeling pressure alaways and the penalties of his are a killer.its time.

sureletsrace

Official CZ Homer
Reaction score
I vote FS for our first round pick. If Eric Berry or Taylor Mays are on the board when we pick, I swear to God if Jerry doesn't take them I'll cry and shoot someone. Pick up 3 LT's in the 2nd/3rd and make them fight for the roster. Grab WR's/OLB in the 4th-7th.

21Savage

newnationcb
Reaction score
juck;3010083 said:
A LT. Flo isnt getting it done.Romo is feeling pressure alaways and the penalties of his are a killer.its time.

I thought that pick was suppose to go towards a QB to replace Romo:rolleyes:

Same idiotic threads every week.

21Savage

newnationcb
Reaction score
Future;3010085 said:
Or FS...or OLB...or WR

You really think we have that strong a need at OLB? Or that we'll actually draft one that high? With Spencer and Ware playing at a high level and guys like Butler, Williams and Johnson waiting in the wings?

And I think we'll ride the season out before putting a number one pick on a WR. And if Austin is actually successful, along with Ogletree coming on, you know it'll only reinforce our theory of not spending lottery picks on wide outs and instead developing them.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
juck;3010083 said:
I think this is probably correct. I am fine with this plan.

Dcowboy84

Reaction score
sureletsrace;3010087 said:
I vote FS for our first round pick. If Eric Berry or Taylor Mays are on the board when we pick, I swear to God if Jerry doesn't take them I'll cry and shoot someone. Pick up 3 LT's in the 2nd/3rd and make them fight for the roster. Grab WR's/OLB in the 4th-7th.
:hammer::hammer::hammer::hammer::hammer:

Don Corleone

Reaction score

*** are you talking about? So you're going to draft 3 LT's and hope one pans out? It is a good thing you're not the GM of this team.

...and no more safeties in the first round. This team doesn't have much luck with CBs and safeties drafted in the 1st.

Flo must be replaced as of the 1st round next year if the best player available is an LT when we draft. This dude is single-handedly killing this offense. And if you disagree with me, then you are not seeing it for what it truly is.

Achozen

Sounds From The Lair
Reaction score
Blah. No draft talk please.

(I want a ball hawk safety.)

Bleu Star

Bye Felicia!
Reaction score
juck;3010083 said:

Actually since we need a LT our 1st round pick will be a LB.

juck

Reaction score
newnationcb;3010090 said:
I thought that pick was suppose to go towards a QB to replace Romo:rolleyes:

Same idiotic threads every week.
We need a LT no matter who is the QB.

Hailmary

Reaction score

You can forget about Berry 'cause he'll be a lock to go in the top 5. Mays may be a possibility. Some GMs may see him as a tweener and this could lead him to slide a bit.

LT in the first makes the most sense in the first for me, but ultimately how we draft will probably depend on our new HC's philosophies.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
You all are taking for granted that we will have a first round pick (jerry has traded those away in the past) and even if we do, you are also taking for granted we will use it instead of trading down.

:D

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
BrAinPaiNt;3010533 said:
You all are taking for granted that we will have a first round pick (jerry has traded those away in the past) and even if we do, you are also taking for granted we will use it instead of trading down.

:D

sad but true.

My hope that even Jerry realizes that this is the deepest 1st round of talent pool in years and keeps our pick. I would have been fine with last year's Special Teams Draft if while he was trading down he picked up picks for next year (see New England).

2010 Draft > 2009 Draft

ghst187

Reaction score
juck;3010083 said:

its not like we haven't tried repeatedly over the last 5 years to get a quality T in the draft, we just haven't ponied up a first round pick to do it and we've whiffed on about every OL we've drafted this century minus Gurode. And I hold no hope for Brewster who I expect will go the way of the rest of our recent OL draft pick forays. Heck, had it not been for the shot in the dark turned gemstone called Colombo, we'd need two OTs. As a side note, I think we messed up when BP forcibly put Torrin Tucker at T, he was never a T, a dominant G in college.
I'm almost of the mind that we should pony up the money to get a FA LT rather than keep throwing draft picks down a rathole. I know, i know, the money is huge for a proven LT but we're running out of time to find a replacement for "false start/leg whip" Flo.

The Realist

Reaction score
Our first pick won't neccessarily be in the first round.

Our first overall pick will most likely be a LT or WR.

The only other possibility I could see would be a NT moving Rat to DE (split time DE/NT), or a S.

I'm for fixing S in free agency and drafting OT first. Like Jason Fox OT Miami (Dallas area kid).

Not that worried about WR, but I like Gilyard, Ford, Shipley.