I learned all I needed to learn on two plays

Wayne02

Reaction score
I disagree in lumping them together.

What makes me sick is that we're never going to see what Romo could do with a different and much better coach. Jerry was lucky enough to stumble into a franchise QB and he flushed it all away with his pet project family friend puppet.

I thought Jerry would give Romo at least a couple of years with a proven, experienced voice before his career was over, but we may be seeing the end of Romo's career happen right before our eyes. And we, and Tony, are never going to know what he could have done with a coach who knew how to get the best out of him. It's absolutely disgusting.

You're right, what I mean is that Romo and Garrett are not working. You can't have your QB and Head coach being best friends off the field, it's fraternization in the worst way possible.

btcutter

Reaction score
It's going to be the same old with this team.

2nd and 1, from the 2 yard line with a chance to tie the game back up and we call a pass. When our OL was pretty much having their way with the San Fran front 7.

1st and goal from the 5, call a Romo pass............ interception, game likely over.

They won't change. Ever. Linehan is a pass happy coordinator. Garrett wants to throw too. All this bull**** talk about run game and our new OL and Murray needing more touches was just what many thought it was........... lip service.

They will blow the one strength we have - the OL. We could run and play action teams to death, also control the clock and keep the defense off the field. But they won't. Because they are too stupid.

I agree.

I would seriously take away Romo's ability to audible down at the goal line. I simply don't trust him to make those decisions any more. The way the OL was opening holes for Murray there was absolutely no excuse not to run the ball every down from the 2 yard line or the 5 yard line. I know he audible out of one of them for certain as he admitted at the press conference. ZERO excuse. Run the ball PERIOD!

Bluestang

Reaction score
You're right about the summer BFF routine, though that's surely on Garrett's and not Tony's initiative.

But I disagree in lumping them together.

What makes me sick is that we're never going to see what Romo could do with a different and much better coach. Jerry was lucky enough to stumble into a franchise QB and he flushed it all away with his pet project family friend puppet.

I thought Jerry would give Romo at least a couple of years with a proven, experienced voice before his career was over, but we may be seeing the end of Romo's career happen right before our eyes. And we, and Tony, are never going to know what he could have done with a coach who knew how to get the best out of him. It's absolutely disgusting.

This will be JG's legacy and Jerry's biggest mistake.

Doomsday

Rising Star
Reaction score
Linehan called a run on the 2nd and 1 play, Romo checked out of it. I have a feeling that isnt the first time Romo has done so in that type of situation, as it seems to be a pattern with this team. Romo just isnt a smart player, he struggles to read defenses at time, lets the play clock run down far too much, checks into bad plays and refuses to throw the ball away. All things that shouldn't happen to a guy who has been in the league for 11 seasons now. Russell Wilson is in what his 3rd season, and he already shows more knowledge of the game then Romo ever has.

Maybe some of it comes down to coaching, but that is some what hard to believe since he has had two ex NFL QBs coaching him for most of his career.

links18

Reaction score
You're right, what I mean is that Romo and Garrett are not working. You can't have your QB and Head coach being best friends off the field, it's fraternization in the worst way possible.

How about having your head coach the son of an old family friend of the GM? Not to mention the director of player personnel is the son of the know-nothing about football GM.

diehard2294

America's Team
Reaction score
For years Romo has been over thinking the game in critical situations. If it continues and his play deteriorates we are screwed

Wayne02

Reaction score
How about having your head coach the son of an old family friend of the GM? Not to mention the director of player personnel is the son of the know-nothing about football GM.

This entire organization is screwed up from the top down, very sad what has happened to the Cowboys. The new Oakland Raiders.

CCBoy

Reaction score
If some of you are really gifted with great insights...how about the winning numbers for the next mega drawing in the lottery?

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
2nd and 1, from the 2 yard line with a chance to tie the game back up and we call a pass. When our OL was pretty much having their way with the San Fran front 7.

That is on Romo for changing the play.

Wayne02

Reaction score
If some of you are really gifted with great insights...how about the winning numbers for the next mega drawing in the lottery?

This deflection of an argument is tiring.

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
You've got a long wait. We're stuck in the Romo era for many more years. Romo audibles out of a run and will not be held accountable. He has more power than his coaches - Jerry has made that clear. We're doomed.

That's almost comical. They guy who should have NO power on the field, tells the guy with too much power on the field, that he has all the power..........on the field.

Pessimist_cowboy

Reaction score
Romo was concerned about his TD / INT ratio . That is why he kept making audibles checking out of runs . By now he should know better . I'm a huge romo supporter but I'm on my last thread with him .

Hook'em#11

Reaction score
The point is a fumble is a mistake that shouldn't happen. Murray has always been sloppy with the ball and it came back to bite him last night.

Thanks for the tip..

Point is. He rectified his fumble and had a solid game. And should've been used more in the red zone..

Wolf2k5

Reaction score
Romo was concerned about his TD / INT ratio . That is why he kept making audibles checking out of runs . By now he should know better . I'm a huge romo supporter but I'm on my last thread with him .

I've been a big defender of romo for awhile as well but my concern was the arm strength as well. It seemed like most throws couldn't get down field or were in slow motion.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Thanks for the tip..

Point is. He rectified his fumble and had a solid game. And should've been used more in the red zone..
There is no such thing as rectifying a turnover. That's the point I kind of failed to get to initially lol. He played well throughout the game, but it doesn't change the fact that his fumble directly put this team in a hole.

Yes he should have been used more in the red zone, but considering the fumble, it's entirely possible that Romo didn't trust him.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
This whole thing is a mess, but for those continually blaming the coaching staff - and I have no problem with that -, please remember this isnt the first time the wonder boy qb has changed out of a called run play and audibled to a pass with disastrous results.

I almost wish Murray would punch Romo.
Well then Romo should punch him for fumbling.

dstovall5

Reaction score
Well then Romo should punch him for fumbling.

They both suck! Just kidding, but I did find it funny yesterday how Murray has voiced his opinion openly (somewhat) that he wants the ball more, and the first freaking carry he fumbles it for a TD. He had a great day other than that hiccup, but it definitely did set the tone for the day. If Murray wants to be the man that totes the rock, then plays like that is completely inexcusable.

Hook'em#11

Reaction score
There is no such thing as rectifying a turnover. That's the point I kind of failed to get to initially lol. He played well throughout the game, but it doesn't change the fact that his fumble directly put this team in a hole.

Yes he should have been used more in the red zone, but considering the fumble, it's entirely possible that Romo didn't trust him.

LOL,,, I get what you're saying..

Could be correct on Romo. But, NOBODY should trust him right now.

I just felt that Murray did more than help his team get out of the early hole. Romo didn't. And Murray wasn't rewarded, nor was the line, in gaining confidence and a possible TD(s) in the red zone.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
LOL,,, I get what you're saying..

Could be correct on Romo. But, NOBODY should trust him right now.

I just felt that Murray did more than help his team get out of the early hole. Romo didn't. And Murray wasn't rewarded, nor was the line, in gaining confidence and a possible TD(s) in the red zone.
Murray had a TD though...

and like it or not, Tony Romo is infinitely more important to this team's success than Murray is. I don't like ego stroking and that sort of thing, but with the NFL the way it is, you need a confident quarterbakc.