I learned all I needed to learn on two plays

Hook'em#11

Reaction score
Murray had a TD though...

and like it or not, Tony Romo is infinitely more important to this team's success than Murray is. I don't like ego stroking and that sort of thing, but with the NFL the way it is, you need a confident quarterbakc.

Their offensive line and RB need confidence too.. Yeah, Murray had a TD. And, quite possibly could of had two more. Offense is too pass happy for my taste, especially in the red zone.

tantrix1969

Reaction score
Linehan called a run on the 2nd and 1 play, Romo checked out of it. I have a feeling that isnt the first time Romo has done so in that type of situation, as it seems to be a pattern with this team. Romo just isnt a smart player, he struggles to read defenses at time, lets the play clock run down far too much, checks into bad plays and refuses to throw the ball away. All things that shouldn't happen to a guy who has been in the league for 11 seasons now. Russell Wilson is in what his 3rd season, and he already shows more knowledge of the game then Romo ever has.

Maybe some of it comes down to coaching, but that is some what hard to believe since he has had two ex NFL QBs coaching him for most of his career.

Romo hasn't been coached since Parcells, Payton, and Lee

mmohican29

Reaction score
They both suck! Just kidding, but I did find it funny yesterday how Murray has voiced his opinion openly (somewhat) that he wants the ball more, and the first freaking carry he fumbles it for a TD. He had a great day other than that hiccup, but it definitely did set the tone for the day. If Murray wants to be the man that totes the rock, then plays like that is completely inexcusable.

I keep thinking about him bullying Philly's D game wk 17, getting the crowd pumped by smashing two defenders on the opening drive- then turfing the ball on a simple draw play when a defender's arm dragged over his own.

Only this team. Only these players.

65fastback2plus2

Reaction score
murray had 22 carries...how many does he freaking need for you to quit whining "we arent running the ball". Thats a freaking load of carries for someone who is oft injured!

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don't think you have to get that far into the game.

False start before we ever ran a play.

Our offense on the field for the entire first half of the first quarter and we fall behind by 4 points.

You can not make this stuff up.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
I agree.

I would seriously take away Romo's ability to audible down at the goal line. I simply don't trust him to make those decisions any more. The way the OL was opening holes for Murray there was absolutely no excuse not to run the ball every down from the 2 yard line or the 5 yard line. I know he audible out of one of them for certain as he admitted at the press conference. ZERO excuse. Run the ball PERIOD!

That play basically was the cut-throat decision that sent everything else in disarray. We could've come back from that fumble touch down, but decisions like that is for reserved for the loser teams of the league. You don't see great teams doing things like that. Sometimes, it's best to just play within the rules provided by the coaching staff.

Tawney88

Reaction score
It really does look like game 49 of the 2011 season. Not only should have Romo and Garrett been divorced by now but wade Wilson has no purpose if Romo is still doing the same ignorant stuff year after year. These 3 are effective together but we're too stuck in 2011 to make a change. Same stuff different season.

Wade Wilson has never served a purpose. He's just another guy Jerry is comfortable with.

50cent

Reaction score
Wade Wilson has never served a purpose. He's just another guy Jerry is comfortable with.

This "Good Ole boy" network jerry has created is part of the problem. Wade, "you be a good Ole boy and the checks will continue to come. Wilson is stealing Jerrys money with no return on investment.