I Like Beer A Lot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Hey you! Man, I'm so happy to see you here, Coach.

This made my morning!!! :star::yourock::yourock::star:
Gonna take my dad to lunch and then watch some football. I love you guys!!!!!! Nice to BS with Haley again. That dump was rocking last night, Max was cock blocking me!!! Lol!!

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
Gonna take my dad to lunch and then watch some football. I love you guys!!!!!! Nice to BS with Haley again. That dump was rocking last night, Max was cock blocking me!!! Lol!!
LMAO! I must've missed the Max part! Yeah, it is nice. We love you, too, brother!!! Enjoy your day, Coach. :star::starspin::star::starspin:

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
Well spoken....although these days I puke less than the days of yore.....unless I go on a cheap vodka bender.
Cheap vodka benders are essential -- saves money and reminds one to savor that next bottle of Grey Goose :)

Vomit

Reaction score
Cheap vodka benders are essential -- saves money and reminds one to savor that next bottle of Grey Goose :)
I kind of gave it up. At my wife's 20th reunion I went on a Russsian Standard tear and suffice it to say, I won't be going to her 25th.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
I just added my 273rd beer rating at ratebeer.com. Check it out at your leisure:
https://www.ratebeer.com/user/6526/beer-ratings/
You gave Schlitz a 4.3 :yourock:

I just went through your list real quick -- you have a lot of California IPAs, and you're in Michigan... are they hard to get? You reviewed Stone a ways back, that's cool! Also, Sculpin is fantastic, and only in the last 3 or so years has it gained major/commercial popularity. Lagunitas is out there, now, I assume? Have you had Weihenstephaner? You gave Pilsner Urquell a high score, Weihen. (German lager/Heff) will knock your socks off! It's my all-time beer. All of their beers are sublime. The Original and Heff are my go-to's, tho.

Have you had Old Rasputin (Russian Stout)? It's a superb stout. If you can get your hands on Dogfish Head 90 and 120 minute IPA, Pliny the Elder, Lagunitas Maximus you won't be disappointed, brother.

I like that your list isn't snobby, too. Lots of American lagers. They have their place in our fridge, for sure. So many people out here in Cali stick their nose up at a Pacifico (I saw you got that one, too) because it isn't an IPA or chocolate stout, etc. I don't like drinking brew with those kind of folk. My favorite American Macro is Bud Light Platinum. 6.0 and ~100 calories! Has a sweet, corn taste.

I use BeerAdvocate myself, but occasionally I've cross-referenced their score with RateBeer. Thanks for sharing your list, brother. Diverse and not pretentious. Me likey!!! :dance::star:

Vomit

Reaction score
Lol!!! You're gotta fit in around here!
Thanks.
You gave Schlitz a 4.3 :yourock:

I just went through your list real quick -- you have a lot of California IPAs, and you're in Michigan... are they hard to get? You reviewed Stone a ways back, that's cool! Also, Sculpin is fantastic, and only in the last 3 or so years has it gained major/commercial popularity. Lagunitas is out there, now, I assume? Have you had Weihenstephaner? You gave Pilsner Urquell a high score, Weihen. (German lager/Heff) will knock your socks off! It's my all-time beer. All of their beers are sublime. The Original and Heff are my go-to's, tho.

Have you had Old Rasputin (Russian Stout)? It's a superb stout. If you can get your hands on Dogfish Head 90 and 120 minute IPA, Pliny the Elder, Lagunitas Maximus you won't be disappointed, brother.

I like that your list isn't snobby, too. Lots of American lagers. They have their place in our fridge, for sure. So many people out here in Cali stick their nose up at a Pacifico (I saw you got that one, too) because it isn't an IPA or chocolate stout, etc. I don't like drinking brew with those kind of folk. My favorite American Macro is Bud Light Platinum. 6.0 and ~100 calories! Has a sweet, corn taste.

I use BeerAdvocate myself, but occasionally I've cross-referenced their score with RateBeer. Thanks for sharing your list, brother. Diverse and not pretentious. Me likey!!! :dance::star:
if you read any of my reviews they’re all sassy and in almost everyone I compare the reviewed beer to Blatz, and they are all found to be lacking.....read a couple and let me know what you think.

By the by I homebrewed for about 5 years, and was getting pretty good when I (foolishly) got rid of all my equipment because I was only brewing once or twice a year.

Vomit

Reaction score
One of my “reasonable” ratings:

user_vomit.jpg

Aroma 7/10
Appearance 3/5
Taste 7/10
Palate 3/5
Overall 13/20
" style="box-sizing: border-box; display: inline; font-size: 24px; font-weight: bold; color: rgb(0, 51, 102);">3.3
AROMA 7/10 APPEARANCE 3/5 TASTE 7/10 PALATE 3/5 OVERALL 13/20vomit (273) - Michigan, USA - JAN 1, 2017
Sculpin? Felt like a pin was stuck in my skull, or not. So I have that going for me. This, while being a naughty little brew still falls well short of the glory and mayhem that Val Blatz can (and will) bring into your home. Would I drink this again? Probably. But, I should not get any bonus points for such an observation, as I am an idiot…..or so my wife says. But her judgement is faulty as she was dumb enough to marry me.”

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
Thanks.

if you read any of my reviews they’re all sassy and in almost everyone I compare the reviewed beer to Blatz, and they are all found to be lacking.....read a couple and let me know what you think.

By the by I homebrewed for about 5 years, and was getting pretty good when I (foolishly) got rid of all my equipment because I was only brewing once or twice a year.
I didn't ge to click on any, but I did bookmark your page. I like reading reviews while I drink, I look forward to reading some of those. I'll pick random ones that I know, see how different we are :) I'l report back.

Home brewing is rad as hell, man.

Trouty

Kellen Moore baby
Reaction score
One of my “reasonable” ratings:

user_vomit.jpg

Aroma 7/10
Appearance 3/5
Taste 7/10
Palate 3/5
Overall 13/20
" style="box-sizing: border-box; display: inline; font-size: 24px; font-weight: bold; color: rgb(0, 51, 102);">3.3
AROMA 7/10 APPEARANCE 3/5 TASTE 7/10 PALATE 3/5 OVERALL 13/20vomit (273) - Michigan, USA - JAN 1, 2017
Sculpin? Felt like a pin was stuck in my skull, or not. So I have that going for me. This, while being a naughty little brew still falls well short of the glory and mayhem that Val Blatz can (and will) bring into your home. Would I drink this again? Probably. But, I should not get any bonus points for such an observation, as I am an idiot…..or so my wife says. But her judgement is faulty as she was dumb enough to marry me.”
Love it!!! I would love coming across that while perusing reviews, as I take gulps of a good brew. So much fun doing that! Val Blatz! :laugh:

With that said, I do disagree with your rating, but thats fine. Everyone is different.

For me, Sculpin is a very good to great IPA, depending on the day. Great taste, appearance is usually beautiful orange/gold with heavy lacing, aroma out of this world citrus/grapefruit blast. Taste can be incredible or subdued (for an IPA) depending on the way it was shipped and handled. I wish I was drinking one right now, so I could give a better review. This is from memory (Sculpin was my go-to IPA for quite a while). It has lost its allure as it's grown into a huge brand.

Thanks for sharing, I look forward to reading some more.

Vomit

Reaction score
I didn't ge to click on any, but I did bookmark your page. I like reading reviews while I drink, I look forward to reading some of those. I'll pick random ones that I know, see how different we are :) I'l report back.

Home brewing is rad as hell, man.
Preach on brother.

Vomit

Reaction score
Love it!!! I would love coming across that while perusing reviews, as I take gulps of a good brew. So much fun doing that! Val Blatz! :laugh:

With that said, I do disagree with your rating, but thats fine. Everyone is different.

For me, Sculpin is a very good to great IPA, depending on the day. Great taste, appearance is usually beautiful orange/gold with heavy lacing, aroma out of this world citrus/grapefruit blast. Taste can be incredible or subdued (for an IPA) depending on the way it was shipped and handled. I wish I was drinking one right now, so I could give a better review. This is from memory (Sculpin was my go-to IPA for quite a while). It has lost its allure as it's grown into a huge brand.

Thanks for sharing, I look forward to reading some more.

The thing is my ratings are not really serious for the most part. As I said, I compare them all (for the most part) against Blatz and that's my shtick so to speak. It works for me. And I like the Sculpin IPA but when you drink mass quantities like myself you kind of have to go with the budget stuff (I have been on a Hamm's Light kick for some time......$12/30 pack.....you can't afford to NOT drink!)

Status
Not open for further replies.