I like Jaylon

LittleD

Reaction score
Jaylon is a very nice guy who just can't play LB with his injury history. He has lost speed and can really only play when going forward. It's certainly not his fault the the idiot FO decided to pay him all that money
for a marginal player. He is likely going to be fased down to rushing the passer only and this will be his last year. Nice retirement package if you can get it!

khiladi

Reaction score
There are a lot of guys on the league that are likeable, doesn’t mean they are good for the franchise. Like players say when they bounce a franchise to move to another team, city and fans, “it was a business decision”.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
A good coach will coach up what he has. Quinn is stuck with Smith for a year and will need him at some point, so if he's good, he'll coach him up and put him in a position to succeed and help the team
LOL, Have you heard otherwise? Coach Quinn is going to use him. I wasn't implying Quinn was the bad coach.

nyc-cowboy

Reaction score
https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/202...and-leighton-vander-esch-dan-quinn-mike-nolan

From the article...

Since 2018, Smith’s Pro Football Focus defensive grade dropped from 84.1 to 70.2 in 2019, before plummeting to 54.2 in 2020. This makes sense considering that Smith’s pressures on the quarterback, tackles for loss, receiving yards allowed, yards allowed after the catch, and penalties committed have worsened since 2018.

FVSTONE

Reaction score
I think he is overpaid and overplayed, but I also think he is a good team player and is still gonna be a big part of this team.
With a post like this one how the heck do you have so many likes???????????????? Ha-haaaaaaa!

JayFord

Reaction score
im rooting for Jaylon but the holes in his game is glaring

he looks like he doesnt start reading the play until 3 seconds after the ball is snapped, he at times doesnt fill the correct gap in run support and theres some games he flat out looks confused

2018 was the only good season he has had and im looking for him to get back to that because hes not playing good football

Cmac

Reaction score
......meanwhile, I'll be looking at the complete LB corp.....including the free passes granted to some, and if the DL is being gutted.

Verdict

Reaction score
I think he is overpaid and overplayed, but I also think he is a good team player and is still gonna be a big part of this team.

I haven’t decided if Jaylon sucks or not, but I am leaning toward he sucks. I am hoping for a major rebound. He needs to be put in the position to succeed.

I don’t think he is worth a **** “in space” but maybe he can still be a “thumper” between the tackles or excel as a pass rusher.

One thing is for sure—good opposing coaches will try to make him do what he is not good at doing, so the Cowboys better put their heads together and figure it out, or have Jaylon riding the pine except for specific situations.

Scotman

Reaction score
After 2018, I thought he was heading towards being one of the best in the NFL. I thought 2019 would be the year he just exploded on the field. One more year experience...one more year removed from the injury. Now? He looks like washed up already.

I don't hate him like some people. I don't even hate his personal branding. The personal branding thing is part of the younger generation. But I don't see him returning to the form he was beginning to show in 2018.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
After 2018, I thought he was heading towards being one of the best in the NFL. I thought 2019 would be the year he just exploded on the field. One more year experience...one more year removed from the injury. Now? He looks like washed up already.

I don't hate him like some people. I don't even hate his personal branding. The personal branding thing is part of the younger generation. But I don't see him returning to the form he was beginning to show in 2018.

His swiping and personality don’t bother me. It’s him as a football player that does.

FiveSuperBowls

Reaction score
I like Jaylon as a solid rotational player, maybe he can change how he attacks the gap’s.

It will be interesting to see if he has made any adjustments to his game, either way I do wish him success.