I like this draft

Number1

Reaction score
at least the top 4 picks

Trysten Hill DT
Connor McGovern OG
Tony Pollard RB / KR
Michael Jackson Sr. CB / FS

when last seen on the field the Boys allowed 270y rushing and couldn't get Zeke 50y
man handled so bad Goff only had to make one play, and that with his feet

drafting DT and OG in that order was mission critical - Hill and McGovern won't be pushed around

also critical was a play making RB to spell Zeke ... Pollard more than fits the description

in terms of raw DB material, Jackson is much like Jones and Brown, a truly elite athlete
http://www.draftscout.com/dsprofile.php?PlayerId=1003080&DraftYear=2019

but he's more ball hawk, than Jones or Brown,

common sense picks vs need and all prototype athletes for their position, after watching all the tape I could find on all 4 ... IMO everyone of them will help in 2019

can't remember the last time I felt that way about our first 4 picks in a draft, and Hill was the only one I expected

on the subject of Hill - there ain't too many 310lb people that quick, the inside rush we hoped for

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Jackson may make the team as the 9th DB, or will make it I should say, and Wilson at S may make them keep 10 DB's this year instead of 9.
Especially with Jones, until he shows he is 100% Jackson will see a lot of playing time in PS games.

SoupcanSam

Reaction score
at least the top 4 picks

Trysten Hill DT
Connor McGovern OG
Tony Pollard RB / KR

when last seen on the field the Boys allowed 270y rushing and couldn't get Zeke 50y

drafting DT and OG in that order was mission critical - Hill and McGovern won't be pushed around

also critical was a play making RB to spell Zeke ... Pollard more than fits the description

in terms of raw DB material, Jackson is much like Jones and Brown, a truly elite athlete

common sense picks vs need and all prototype athletes for their position, after watching all the tape I could find on all 4 ... IMO everyone of them will help in 2019

can't remember the last time I felt that way about our first 4 picks in a draft, and Hill was the only one I expected

on the subject of Hill - there ain't too many 310lb people that quick, the inside rush we hoped for

I like this draft also. We got a 3T, a nice olineman that may start, a RB that fits our system(I like Weber also), and we got the king of pop at CB.

I also cant wait untill preseason.

DBOY3141

Reaction score
at least the top 4 picks

Trysten Hill DT
Connor McGovern OG
Tony Pollard RB / KR

I like it as well. For where we were picking each round, we got solid football players who have potential to be starters or quality depth within the next year to 3 years which is what you want from your draft.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
at least the top 4 picks

Trysten Hill DT
Connor McGovern OG
Tony Pollard RB / KR

But...but...we hate Jeff Heath!

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
at least the top 4 picks

Trysten Hill DT
Connor McGovern OG
Tony Pollard RB / KR

good draft for us considering we didn't have a first rounder (yeah, yeah yeah, we got cooper)

I like Hill, I think by mid season he is a starter. I think McGovern pick was a savy move with an eye to the future, since we probably won't resign Collins and move Williams to RT (which I have been saying since last year we should do).

Pollard should give Moore some toys to play with and I think of him as a potential rotation guy in the slot. having him in the game, starting in the back field, then moving him to the slot should create some mismatches and that's all NFL is about, is finding the mismatches.

Jackson's are long shots. Michael probably makes the team since we are not that deep in the secondary. the other Jackson probably a PS guy along with Jelks. Not sure if Wilson makes the team. he is a box safety and NFL is moving away from box safties.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I more I look at it the more I like it. Unlike last year, it took me a while to determine day 3 (I really liked day 1 and 2 last year), like most of the season to see a few players before I liked those picks, but still not sure of a few others.
But this year I liked it so much better on day 3 that last years day 3.
This year Day 1 and 2 were good, as you need to take into account Cooper. Even without Cooper, Day 2 was good

Day 3, we get 2 back up RB's, and one is also a ST's KR, possibly PR if he can do that. We get 2 DB's, though we need to see how they turn out yet.
I am still deciding about the 2 DE's yet. Many say very good value where they where picked. But I still think they could have done something different, but not complaining. I put these guys into my wait and show category.

Wilson at S may be a project, or he may help right away, but at least they finally got a S.
I wanted a LB, as there were only 6 or 7 on the roster. They signed 4 UDFA's, as well as a few other interesting UDFA's.

But overall considering a Depp roster, at least on paper, they did a pretty good job this entire off season to create what looks like the deepest roster they had for a very long time.
But this time when they say they have a talented group of players, I will actually believe them. LOL.
But then again most fans and a teams FO think and say this about all 32 teams. As this is the rose colored glass season. Except for those that continually do not like anything. LOL.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I like this draft also. We got a 3T, a nice olineman that may start, a RB that fits our system(I like Weber also), and we got the king of pop at CB.

I also cant wait untill preseason.

Yeah, but for the next 6 or 7 weeks We will get the rookie camp, OTA,s and June mini camp.
The from around the 3rd week of June until late July it will be nothing, that is the toughest part. Actually about mid July we will get bits and pieces, any roster moves.

Just seems like such a long way off, hopefully it will seem to go by quick.

SoupcanSam

Reaction score
Yeah, but for the next 6 or 7 weeks We will get the rookie camp, OTA,s and June mini camp.
The from around the 3rd week of June until late July it will be nothing, that is the toughest part. Actually about mid July we will get bits and pieces, any roster moves.

Just seems like such a long way off, hopefully it will seem to go by quick.

It is. I dread the dry season. I try to be as creative as possible during that time, but that only goes but so far.

ClappingCarrot

Reaction score
I mean except for the fact that McGovern probably isn't going to play this year, yea, we totallly addressed the Rams game........
We've been adding DL depth literally the entire off-season and our OL instantly improves with Witten and Fredbeard back in the fold.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
I still feel this was a draft for the 2020 season and Hill was a reach at 58. But whatever it's over with.

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
We've been adding DL depth literally the entire off-season and our OL instantly improves with Witten and Fredbeard back in the fold.
Ok, but this thread is about the draft.

Also, Witten isn't a good blocker anymore, hasn't been for years.

morasp

Reaction score
The best part of this draft was the day three trading. The draft was deep and they new it. No matter how much you do your homework on college players it's still a numbers game and they started out with six picks and ended up with eight players any of whom could turn out to be the guy. On the post draft blitz episode Broaddus said he had lunch with Rod and he said they couldn't believe Joe Jackson was there when they picked him.

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
Michael Jackson was a great pick in my opinion.

Especially if the hip injury limits Byron's availability by the time the season begins.
What I like most is being able to see MJ looking back and tracking the ball! This kid is big and moves smooth.

Besides Hill and Penn State OG, I’m truly excited to see this kid strap it on and play. Good pick with the potential to be really good.

Miami kid with some moxie!