CFZ I like this version of Dak

Playmaker3128

Reaction score
Now I know its controversial anytime he's brought up. Also I'm still not convinced he's going to be able to lead this team to four consecutive playoff wins. That being said I like what he's been doing lately.

1. He's being way more decisive with the ball. He's getting the ball out of his hands. Letting it fly at times. Trusting his playmakers.

2. He's using his legs. If his top two reads aren't there he's running to make plays... and I think its great. Thats the dak we saw pre ankle injury.

3. He's being aggressive. When he used to check the ball down on 3rd and 8 it was mind boggling. Two weeks in a row now on 3rd and 15 or more, he's thrown the ball deep and it worked out! I can't recall him doing this in the past as much.

Sure his aggressiveness has led to more picks. But I can live with it cause its leading to points. He's not letting the negative plays bother him. He's not turning back into "checkdown dak". What does it mean? I don't know. But right now I kinda like how he's playing football.

Playmaker3128

Reaction score
Fyi I’m not a dak apologist at all. And if he looks bad in the playoffs I’ll be upset. However it’s hard to look at how’s he’s played and not say he’s looked different. At least in my eyes.

I’d rather this dak then the one that took no chances and threw 0 ints.

We’re gonna need him to put up points and win playoff games. Especially if the defense is only playing so so

Proof

Reaction score
I'm loving all the turnovers.

It's playoff football.

naw playoff football is played in the playoffs. right now we’re just witnessing winning football. i know it’s unfamiliar

Kingofholland

Reaction score
He had one terrible throw on the int today the other was a fluke tip that hopefully doesn't pop up in the playoffs. No pun intended.

I don't mind a more aggressive Dak personally. Many complained here about dink and dunk plays always going for the check downs and when he pushes the ball down the field more fans complain about more turnovers. I don't think you can have it both ways.

jwooten15

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Dak has definitely been more decisive with his throws than he has been in previous years. And he’s finding ways to use his legs, which is something I’ve been clamoring for.

The turnovers are very concerning, especially if they happen in the playoffs when the line between wins and losses is so small.

I pray that he can catch a hot streak in the playoffs and we FINALLY get to watch the Cowboys play in late January again. Can he do it though?

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
Now I know its controversial anytime he's brought up. Also I'm still not convinced he's going to be able to lead this team to four consecutive playoff wins. That being said I like what he's been doing lately.

1. He's being way more decisive with the ball. He's getting the ball out of his hands. Letting it fly at times. Trusting his playmakers.

2. He's using his legs. If his top two reads aren't there he's running to make plays... and I think its great. Thats the dak we saw pre ankle injury.

3. He's being aggressive. When he used to check the ball down on 3rd and 8 it was mind boggling. Two weeks in a row now on 3rd and 15 or more, he's thrown the ball deep and it worked out! I can't recall him doing this in the past as much.

Sure his aggressiveness has led to more picks. But I can live with it cause its leading to points. He's not letting the negative plays bother him. He's not turning back into "checkdown dak". What does it mean? I don't know. But right now I kinda like how he's playing football.
Some good points
But you can't turn the ball over willy nilly in the playoffs.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
Dak has definitely been more decisive with his throws than he has been in previous years. And he’s finding ways to use his legs, which is something I’ve been clamoring for.

The turnovers are very concerning, especially if they happen in the playoffs when the line between wins and losses is so small.

I pray that he can catch a hot streak in the playoffs and we FINALLY get to watch the Cowboys play in late January again. Can he do it though?
Don't know if he can.
But it sure makes the rest of the season exciting to watch..

jay94

Reaction score

I support this message.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Dak Prescott and Derek Carr are tied for the most interceptions this season (14)

Heck, ya love that Prescott!!!!!:muttley:

catiii

Reaction score
In the playoffs, Dak's staring down receivers, interceptions and fumbleitis will lose the game and fast. 1 and done.
You might as well get ready fo dat. Dak ain't the guy to take us to the promised land. It's going to take mistake-free football not 3 turnovers.