CFZ I like this version of Dak

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
Dak is definitely channeling his inner gunslinger. Maybe too much confidence in his arm at times. He throws a lot of picks, but his guys also need to hold onto the damn ball.

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
Now I know its controversial anytime he's brought up. Also I'm still not convinced he's going to be able to lead this team to four consecutive playoff wins. That being said I like what he's been doing lately.

1. He's being way more decisive with the ball. He's getting the ball out of his hands. Letting it fly at times. Trusting his playmakers.

2. He's using his legs. If his top two reads aren't there he's running to make plays... and I think its great. Thats the dak we saw pre ankle injury.

3. He's being aggressive. When he used to check the ball down on 3rd and 8 it was mind boggling. Two weeks in a row now on 3rd and 15 or more, he's thrown the ball deep and it worked out! I can't recall him doing this in the past as much.

Sure his aggressiveness has led to more picks. But I can live with it cause its leading to points. He's not letting the negative plays bother him. He's not turning back into "checkdown dak". What does it mean? I don't know. But right now I kinda like how he's playing football.

Go big or go home

Dak's never going to be Patty Mahomes, but I like that he's taking chances.

For now we'll have to take the bad with the good

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Sure his aggressiveness has led to more picks.
That just isn't true. He isn't throwing to the open guy. He isn't reading the entire defense. He isn't making the correct read. He isn't see the field. He strares down WR's and overthrows far too much. He can't make the simple throws like last week's pick 6 and the deflected pass last night for example. This version of Dak won't win multiple road games in January.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Now I know its controversial anytime he's brought up. Also I'm still not convinced he's going to be able to lead this team to four consecutive playoff wins. That being said I like what he's been doing lately.

1. He's being way more decisive with the ball. He's getting the ball out of his hands. Letting it fly at times. Trusting his playmakers.

2. He's using his legs. If his top two reads aren't there he's running to make plays... and I think its great. Thats the dak we saw pre ankle injury.

3. He's being aggressive. When he used to check the ball down on 3rd and 8 it was mind boggling. Two weeks in a row now on 3rd and 15 or more, he's thrown the ball deep and it worked out! I can't recall him doing this in the past as much.

Sure his aggressiveness has led to more picks. But I can live with it cause its leading to points. He's not letting the negative plays bother him. He's not turning back into "checkdown dak". What does it mean? I don't know. But right now I kinda like how he's playing football.
I disagree, but I think this is a quality take.

I think the recipe this year should have been 2014 Romo

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
That just isn't true. He isn't throwing to the open guy. He isn't reading the entire defense. He isn't making the correct read. He isn't see the field. He strares down WR's and overthrows far too much. He can't make the simple throws like last week's pick 6 and the deflected pass last night for example. This version of Dak won't win multiple road games in January.
He made that throw last night just fine. It was right there where the receiver should have caught it.

It's the shorter touch passes he needs to work on, like the int last week and the one to Schultz last night.

blueblood70

Reaction score

IO agree hes playing more like Romo now tryig to make things happen. this game he had no run support, HIS OL was being shoved back into him , one caused that bad snap as TB got pushed at the snap and it threw dak off balance, has his TE tip another catchable ball into an INT.. i mean he overcame all that PLUS NO RUN Game which should be more of concern because being one dimensional is not what you want in the playoffs..

we need a run game balanced a pass game , limit mistakes etc..

I also lie this version of dak outside of listening to the negative feedback putting all the blame on Dak.

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
He's throwing into tighter windows because he has to. Outside CD, receivers are not creating separation. Now, there maybe an argument that he is not choosing the correct read that holds some merit, & he's had some bad luck on a number of the interceptions, but for the most part I think he's plated rather well. Especially when the pass blocking has been so poor.

Blue&Silver

Reaction score

You wouldn't love it if one of those turnovers lost us the game against a team without their star players. Dak is not his normal self with all the turnovers.

JBond

Reaction score
He had one terrible throw on the int today the other was a fluke tip that hopefully doesn't pop up in the playoffs. No pun intended.

I don't mind a more aggressive Dak personally. Many complained here about dink and dunk plays always going for the check downs and when he pushes the ball down the field more fans complain about more turnovers. I don't think you can have it both ways.

Correct

nobody

Reaction score
He's throwing into tighter windows because he has to. Outside CD, receivers are not creating separation. Now, there maybe an argument that he is not choosing the correct read that holds some merit, & he's had some bad luck on a number of the interceptions, but for the most part I think he's plated rather well. Especially when the pass blocking has been so poor.

A lot of that lack of separation creation is on the play-calling and design. If you keep designing the same routes and have them develop at the same time, other teams will figure it out. Who knew?

Moore needs to go.

Darkhound

Reaction score
it never ceases to amaze me how many ignorant foolish fans we have here.
Get this straight..
DAK has always been, is, AND always will be a mediocre QB

Kolemmitt

Reaction score

Absolutely none of this is true.

Momanpr100

Reaction score
People act like you can't turn the ball over in the playoffs lol. Winning teams in the playoffs including super bowls usually turn the ball over. Just look up the stats.

Hadenough

Reaction score

I'm actually liking this version of Dak better. He is showing some ability to make some good throws. Yeah there have been turnovers but at least half of them have been some fluke play with the WR or TE having the ball hit em in the hands. That can be corrected next year by bringing in guys that can catch the freaking ball. Right now Dak is going to have to trust in these guys. I have a feeling we're going to see more Hilton as the #2 because Gallup just isnt back to where he was. If there is one problem I see it's Zeke just is too slow.