I like Troy Aikman's comments

just_catch_it

Reaction score
What made this game so brutal to watch was that we actually LOOKED just as good as them TALENT wise and we could play with them. They NEVER stopped our run, we just stopped giving Zeke the ball.
We could have won today
and whose fault was that? We could have beat the Saints, Packers, & Vikings. Bottom line we have Not beaten a Team with a winning record and have consistently shown we can only beat sub par teams under this coaching staff. Buffalo is 7-3 so expect another loss this week.

ClearVision

Reaction score
and whose fault was that? We could have beat the Saints, Packers, & Vikings. Bottom line we have Not beaten a Team with a winning record and have consistently shown we can only beat sub par teams under this coaching staff. Buffalo is 7-3 so expect another loss this week.
Lol coaching baby. I know who’s fault it is.

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
And he wouldn't let anyone, including Jerry get away with crap.

Yep. He would at least start out having the respect of everyone in the NFL. Players would respect him for his HOF career... coaches and staff would respect him for his knowledge of the game.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Troy is not leaving the booth. Gets to talk and analyze football without the grind of a coach's schedule.

efh313

Reaction score
IKR!?
This having not beaten a team with a winning record crap? Every team we’ve lost to? I know it sounds like Cowboy homerism, but we could have won each of those games.
Our opponents did not Win those games we Lost them. We beat ourselves. And most of them are Ws if a single drive goes differently. So while this year has the stink of another 8-8 all over it... God there is still hope that maybe the players decide to take pride in what they do and do it better than their coaches expect of them...
Maybe just maybe then we will see some post season success realized.

just_catch_it

Reaction score
IKR!?
This having not beaten a team with a winning record crap? Every team we’ve lost to? I know it sounds like Cowboy homerism, but we could have won each of those games.
Our opponents did not Win those games we Lost them. We beat ourselves. And most of them are Ws if a single drive goes differently. So while this year has the stink of another 8-8 all over it... God there is still hope that maybe the players decide to take pride in what they do and do it better than their coaches expect of them...
Maybe just maybe then we will see some post season success realized.
I can appreciate your enthusiasm. And agree "hope the players take pride" I think were all tired of yet another 8-8 season and not being able to beat a team that has a winning record. I agree with JJ tonight when he said this is 'on coaching". Looking for a coaching change!

KingRah

Reaction score
Lets Hope Richard is HC for the rest of the year. That would allow Moore to really take control of the offense.

efh313

Reaction score
I can appreciate your enthusiasm. And agree "hope the players take pride" I think were all tired of yet another 8-8 season and not being able to beat a team that has a winning record. I agree with JJ tonight when he said this is 'on coaching". Looking for a coaching change!
Don’t misunderstand my post. I am god tired too. And we beat ourselves because of poor coaching... it almost makes me want to vomit when I think of the talent on this team and the inability of this staff to execute results with them to borrow JGs favorite nomenclature.
Bring on the Coaching Change!

tico

Reaction score
I was at a sports bar, couldn't here nothing. Does Anyone have Troy's quotes?

I wish Troy would just snatch Joe Smuck by the throat, and tell him to slow his row on DC.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
Aikman has mentioned in the past that he would like to be an NFL General Manager.

I wish Jerry would take him up on it. He definitely seems fed up with the culture.

I'd be curious to hear what his top choices for HC would be.

KingintheNorth

Chris in Arizona
Reaction score
I was at a sports bar, couldn't here nothing. Does Anyone have Troy's quotes?

“That’s poor coaching” after Tony Pollard lined up on the goal line to receive a kick.

“I wouldn’t be settling for 3 here”

“There are no moral victories”

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
troy demanded respect from hat 90s team. Everyone stopped joking when Troy walked up. If M Irvin respects you, you're special.
Whatever you think about Troy, he was a leader of men! He let you know when you screwed up! He held his teammates accountable. Troy was awesome in that way.
I don’t know if this team could handle Troy’s style?

buybuydandavis

Reaction score
I think he would make a very good coach...he knows the game and more importantly— he knows the way the game is meant to be played.

Aikman may be right or wrong about a lot of things, but I'd expect him to hold himself and the team accountable.