I like what Roy Williams brings to the offense.

Reaction score
I know that eventually, Roy Williams is going to be stretching the field with TO once Romo gets healthy, and Felix Jones comes back to strengthen the rushing game. Until then, he has been, & was crucial last night, in moving the chains and keeping the offense on the field. I noticed Romo talking to him quite a bit between plays, and even when Williams went to the sideline for a substitute. I can only imagine it was Romo encouraging RW that he would be getting his yards once everyone was in sinc again. Don't know though.

Dude has great hands, and I could see Romo getting more confident in throwing to him as the game went on. I don't know how much longer Owens will be with us, but I'm glad we have another #1 to take over when he leaves. Right now, though, we have one of the most talented offenses in the league.

I also saw the Oline getting stronger as the game went along. That 6:38 minute drive was a thing of beauty. I can't remember too many teams lately getting the ball with that much time on the clock, and just rushing time after time. Having a beast at running back is surely a plus, but we also kept right on going when Choice filled in. Barber is such a great player, and it's just a joy to watch a throw-back from the leather helmet days wearing a star on his plastic one.

This team has gotten a real gut check this season, and they have come out swinging. I for one couldn't be prouder of these guys.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Yes... Great, great hands... and good moves too.

Couple those things with the fact that he can catch just about anything thrown in his "vicinity" = exciting.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
This offense has so much room for growth.

Once he is completely comfortable in this offense he will be a nightmare.

Also I can only imagine how good Bennett will be once he has a year in the weight room. Hes such a freak of an athlete.

ABQcowboyJR

Reaction score
I talked on another thread about how I felt RW was the most talented WR on our team above TO. He has got it all. I think he will start to be the go to guy on third down here soon.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
I'm thrilled with what Roy Williams is bringing, and will continue to bring even more, to this offense. He's a real asset and playmaker to have on the other side of TO and with Witten/Bennett, Barber/Jones, and Austin/Crayton this is an offense with a ton of weapons.

31smackdown

Reaction score
In the limited passes thrown his way so far you definitely notice how big his hands seem to be and how he just snatches the ball a la Herman Moore

TRUTH87

Cowboy for Life
Reaction score
guys we gotta keep it on the low tho'. we cant be saying that we think Roy is becoming our #1 REC. b/c ESPN is gonna be all over this. and then the drama with TO will start.

(ED WERDER ENTERS COWBOYSZONE) ..............

:laugh2:

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
http://img504.*************/img504/1858/ch51sunnov162008d103222eq9.jpg

He didn't come cheap. Let's hope there's many 100yd+ games in his future.

BadKarma

Reaction score
I believe Miles Austin would be the guy who can potentially stretch the field. Roy Williams is a great compliment to T.O. in the intermediate field and a bigger threat inside the redzone.

If Austin can establish himself consistently in this offense, he would be the player we lost in Terry Glenn. He averages 20+ yards per catch versus T.O. and Roy Williams who are averaging around 14 yards per catch.

Idgit

Fattening up
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
He's got good speed for a big WR, but he's no TO with the ball in his hands.

He's impressive, though, in that he breaks hard on the ball and plucks it out of the air with those pincers of his. He's a fun player to root for.

I don't care how many 100 yard games he gets this year in particular. If he can help us win a single game down the stretch, I'm happy to have him. By the end of the year, I think he and Romo are going to be a pretty impressive combination.

Tusan_Homichi

Heisenberg
Reaction score
He's just massive and the ball just sticks to his hands. Just amazing hands. Now, he doesn't have the explosiveness of TO, but he's got all the other attributes in spades. He reminds me so much of Irvin. That's blasphemy, I know, but man, his style is very Irvin-like.

When the offense starts rolling again, he's going to be a major factor.

RainMan

Makin' It Rain
Reaction score
What impresses me most with the offense is Bennett's emergence and our using him more often. We already know what Roy is, and we certainly know what TO and Witten are. Throw in Bennett, if he develops like he looks to be, and the offense becomes even more unreal.

Also, to note on Williams: Anyone see ESPN spotlight his two blocks on the "win-sealing" play where Barber dove for the first down? Roy blocked one man and took him out of the play, and then moved upfield and blocked the other guy that most certainly would have stopped Barber short of the 1st.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
Ozzu;2427393 said:
He's just massive and the ball just sticks to his hands. Just amazing hands. Now, he doesn't have the explosiveness of TO, but he's got all the other attributes in spades. He reminds me so much of Irvin. That's blasphemy, I know, but man, his style is very Irvin-like.

Agreed. Just about completely.

No blasphemy there IMO.... could turn out to be more factual than anything else.

tx78613

Reaction score
Ozzu;2427393 said:

I've thought the same thing ever since he was playing for Texas. He's not as explosive as Owens, no doubt, but he's fast, very physical, and like Irvin, somehow he always ends up with the ball. It's great to see one of my 'Horns favorites playing for my team....again. Go Cowboys!!!

Romo2Dez4six

Touchdown!!!!
Reaction score
bbgun;2427379 said:
http://img504.*************/img504/1858/ch51sunnov162008d103222eq9.jpg

He didn't come cheap. Let's hope there's many 100yd+ games in his future.

i think you are going to see alot of that combo for years to come:D

HoleInTheRoof

Benched
Reaction score
Roy Williams is our best receiver.

TO is good, but he drops a lot of passes, and you have to scheme ways to get him open. He can't get open on his own anymore.

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
HoleInTheRoof;2427667 said:
Roy Williams is our best receiver.

TO is good, but he drops a lot of passes, and you have to scheme ways to get him open. He can't get open on his own anymore.

I agree. I think Roy is quickly showing that he either is, or quickly will be, our best WR cause of his far better hands.

Not that I have any issue with TO but I think Roy is going to be a big difference maker for us, even more so than TO.

onetrickpony

Reaction score
CATCH17;2427289 said:
...Once he is completely comfortable in this offense he will be a nightmare...

Tony was coaching him a lot on the field, making sure RW11 knew what was going on.

I don't know if it was just a trick to fool the Skins or what but Tony was in his ear on many run plays as well as passes that didn't go his direction.