I love Zeke

ShortRound

Reaction score
Oolamot.gif

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
That was my point in the post. Using a 4th on a RB is unwise. They should have either traded up take Goff or Wence , stay put take the best pass rusher, or traded back. No one should EVER take a RB 4th overall. As great as Zeke is he will not be able to overcome Daks limitations as a QB. In Daks third year he still cannot read defenses nor does he have the velocity to fit into tight windows, He struggles to throw outside the hashes with accuracy. His limitations as a QB are holding this team back.

He does have some issues. Some are correctable. But there are bigger ones on this team. Its very clear that as the Oline has started blocking that both Zeke and Dak are playing much better. What Dak needs is a really good coach and scheme to help him reach his potential. He will never be one of these great pocket passers. But you guys need to get over this Dak thing. The way THIS team is built with Zeke and the Oline its going to need a great defense. THATS the team we are going to be. And THAT is the only type of team that is going to beat the Rams or Saints of the world. Dominant run game and a top defense. Brady isn't walking through that door. You need to start praying that Dak improves. He does have some very good qualities. Have to like his leadership, clutch play at times and his dual threat abilities make it tough on defenses. When he gets time he plays well.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
They should have either traded up to get Goff or Wence or stay put and take the best pass rusher available. No one should ever take a RB 4th overall having said that Zeke is a great player. For me a top five draft pick is a QB, a Pass Rusher or a Left Tackle anything else is unwise.
So you wanted them to trade for unproven players? When they already had Romo? It makes no sense.

SoupcanSam

Reaction score
Should have drafted a QB who can consistently throw for more than 200 yrds. Bad idea to draft a RB that high having said that Zeke is a great player but not great enough to overcome the poor QB play. If we win the east and make the playoffs it will be one and done.

Bro how can you not love our pet ewok?

MojaveJT

Reaction score
I wonder if we would have drafted Wentz if the Eagles didn’t move up ahead of us.

Romotil45

Reaction score
So you wanted them to trade for unproven players? When they already had Romo? It makes no sense.

Romo had on going back issues that were not going away and was in his mid 30s It was time to take a QB anyway. Its a lot easier to trade up from 4th overall to the 1st or 2nd pick from the 4th. But that wasn't my whole point. You don't waste a 4th overall pick on a RB.

stilltheguru

Reaction score
Best back in the NFL. I told a poster here earlier in the year that losing Frederick didn’t matter. The oline never made Zeke. That’s a hot take debate show/uninformed fan talking point.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Romo had on going back issues that were not going away and was in his mid 30s It was time to take a QB anyway. Its a lot easier to trade up from 4th overall to the 1st or 2nd pick from the 4th. But that wasn't my whole point. You don't waste a 4th overall pick on a RB.
Ok so what players did you want them to waste a pick on?

MojaveJT

Reaction score
Best back in the NFL. I told a poster here earlier in the year that losing Frederick didn’t matter. The oline never made Zeke. That’s a hot take debate show/uninformed fan talking point.

Agreed. A lot of posters here were saying how horrible this Oline is and was. Yet Zeke is still the #2 rusher. Zeke is a stud.

CowboysRule

Reaction score
Look, I'm not a huge fan of Dak but this thread was about Zeke. It would've taken multiple high picks to move from 4 to 1. Also, Goff looked like a massive bust until he got good coaching which we lack here. Wentz has been coming back down to Earth. I'm happy with Zeke.

Hardline

Reaction score
I was talking up Zeke on this forum before his junior year at Ohio State.
I was on the Zeke train before anyone.
Those of you saying he wasn't worthy of the 4th overall pick literally know nothing about football. When a generational elite player is available you take him.

Romotil45

Reaction score
Ok so what players did you want them to waste a pick on?

As Ive stated before in this thread a top five pick should either be a QB a Pass Rusher or a LT if you do not have those needs you trade back and stockpile picks. I am a also a firm believer that one should stock pile pass rushers as well. They can always be traded if you have a surplus they have very high value and teams rotate them so you usually need at least 2-4 anyway. I would have either traded up to select Goff or Wence. Stayed put and taken the best pass-rusher or traded back. in 2016 Left Tackle was not a need.

lk8701

Reaction score
Dak does not have the arm talent that a play caller can overcome. He will never be the pocket passer success at a high level in the NFL demands. Some of us could see this even in 2016. Most though he was the second coming. Hes not. Even with Cooper this team still struggles to score 20 points a game because the limits of the QB. Linehans not the greatest OC but hes not as bad as you all make out. Dak limits the Passing game period.

Exactly 2014 Romo was a top 5 QB.

Romotil45

Reaction score
Exactly 2014 Romo was a top 5 QB.

He was a top ten guy. But that's the past. We won how many playoff games with Romo ? Two ? Maybe with better coaching Romo would have had his championships and be a HOF. But that's all water under the bridge. Romo is dead to me anyway. When he pussed out and took a cushy job instead of going to the Broncos to prove he was a HOF he lost all my respect. I wish I could change my nick. Jerry didn't want him to play in another jersey I would have told Jerry to go blank himself.

nobody

Reaction score
Dak does not have the arm talent that a play caller can overcome. He will never be the pocket passer success at a high level in the NFL demands. Some of us could see this even in 2016. Most though he was the second coming. Hes not. Even with Cooper this team still struggles to score 20 points a game because the limits of the QB. Linehans not the greatest OC but hes not as bad as you all make out. Dak limits the Passing game period.

I disagree. Linehan is that bad. Is Dak hurting the team in many games? Sure. But Linehan and Garrett stubbornly clinging to antiquated strategy is what is killing the offense. Is Dak capable of being the franchise QB? The jury is still out and I'm leaning toward no, but Linehan does him no favors and the QB coach they chose was a huge mistake.

I'm not defending Dak at all. It's more of an indictment of Linehan. The dude doesn't make adjustments. Neither does Garrett. They only change things up when it seems like their jobs are on the line and after a win or two go back to their idiotic gameplans that even a toddler could figure out how to beat.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
As Ive stated before in this thread a top five pick should either be a QB a Pass Rusher or a LT if you do not have those needs you trade back and stockpile picks. I am a also a firm believer that one should stock pile pass rushers as well. They can always be traded if you have a surplus they have very high value and teams rotate them so you usually need at least 2-4 anyway. I would have either traded up to select Goff or Wence. Stayed put and taken the best pass-rusher or traded back. in 2016 Left Tackle was not a need.

So let me get this straight. You believe the Cowboys should TRADE AWAY from value and the best players in the draft so they can trade down for inferior talent?

Cowboys had Romo in his prime or so they thought. They were not trading up for a QB....anyone who says that is kidding themselves.

Romotil45

Reaction score
So let me get this straight. You believe the Cowboys should TRADE AWAY from value and the best players in the draft so they can trade down for inferior talent?

Cowboys had Romo in his prime or so they thought. They were not trading up for a QB....anyone who says that is kidding themselves.

Romo was not in his prime. Romo was in his mid 30s with on going back problems. He missed a large portion of 2015. What makes you think what I stated is TRADING AWAY VALUE. Let me restate as I said they should have traded up to get Goff or Wence or stay put and select the best pass-rusher and if these were not a need to trade back how is that TRADING AWAY VALUE ? A team has to give up a ton to trade into the top five you actually gain value.