I love Zeke

Romotil45

Reaction score
Can you tell me what LT or rusher you’d have drafted?
Pretty please

LT wasn't a need. I personally would have tried to trade up to draft Goff or Wence. Romo was mid thirties with on going back issues long before 2016. He missed a large portion of 2015 ( due to injury unrelated to back but still missed considerable time). If I was unable to trade up I would have stayed put and taken the best pass rusher on my board. Honestly I don't remember who was my best pass rusher at the time in 2016 its been 2 yrs.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
LT wasn't a need. I personally would have tried to trade up to draft Goff or Wence. Romo was mid thirties with on going back issues long before 2016. He missed a large portion of 2015 ( due to injury unrelated to back but still missed considerable time). If I was unable to trade up I would have stayed put and taken the best pass rusher on my board. Honestly I don't remember who was my best pass rusher at the time in 2016 its been 2 yrs.

But yet you remember to complain about selecting Zeke?

Hardline

Reaction score
Its not over yet. He has panned out so far. If he goes down and misses any length of time or if for some reason we are unwilling to pay him what he wants in his second contract. The pundits will say we over reached and they would be right.
You can say that about anyone

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Took only two posts to turn a running back appreciation thread into one mired in quarterback disapproval. Is that a CowboysZone record?

DogFace

Carharris2
Reaction score
That’s Deforest Buckner. I’m not sure he would’ve been a better pick. Or maybe someone else was rated higher. I remember him.
All in all. We made the right choice. Trust me
http://www.nfl.com/draft/2016/track
Check it and you may agree

Last edited:

Romotil45

Reaction score
But yet you remember to complain about selecting Zeke?

Complaining or simply stating a difference of opinion ? Im not the only person who thinks its unwise to select a RB so high in the daft as I recall the pundits debated it as well and so did many on this board. I like Zeke its not personal. I like Dak too hes a fine upstanding young man its not personal just my opinion you don't take RBs high in the draft and Dak in my opinion is not our answer at QB.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That’s Deforest Buckner. I’m not sure he would’ve been a better pick.

Or maybe someone else was rated higher. I remember him.
All in all. We made the right choice. Trust me
http://www.nfl.com/draft/2016/tracker

No he would not have been.
I think there were 3 players that could have helped. Zeke, Bosa, Ramsey. And no one knew in what order they would go.
Besides Wentz and Goff going high, those 3 were next in line. For most teams anyway.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Complaining or simply stating a difference of opinion ? Im not the only person who thinks its unwise to select a RB so high in the daft as I recall the pundits debated it as well and so did many on this board. I like Zeke its not personal. I like Dak too hes a fine upstanding young man its not personal just my opinion you don't take RBs high in the draft and Dak in my opinion is not our answer at QB.

Well the NFL does not agree with you about taking RB's high in the draft.
Since we took Zeke at #4, look at the next 2 drafts, Fournette and Barkely go in the top 4 also. And it has worked out pretty well so far.

I am not sure Dak is the answer either. But in 2016 he sure was. So I will give him the rest of this year to convince he can still be that QB.

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
ZEKE is GOD and God is ZEKE!!!!!

Romotil45

Reaction score
But yet you remember to complain about selecting Zeke
Well the NFL does not agree with you about taking RB's high in the draft.
Since we took Zeke at #4, look at the next 2 drafts, Fournette and Barkely go in the top 4 also. And it has worked out pretty well so far.

I am not sure Dak is the answer either. But in 2016 he sure was. So I will give him the rest of this year to convince he can still be that QB.

The last two years does indicate a recent trend. But if one goes back and studies deeper one might see the RB position as one that takes a lot of punishment. RBs generally do not last as long in the league as QBs, LT, or Pass-rushers. These tend to have longer shelf life in the league and therefore tend to be more valuable. Also the RB position tends to be very deep in most drafts whereas quality QBs, LTs and Pass-rushers are most likely to be found high in the daft. Because RBs tend to be deep in most drafts they are less rare therefore less valuable.