I may be alone but I still can’t believe we are moving forward with Jaylon and not LVE

T-RO

Reaction score
Jaylon is a certain cut some time in the next year. Vander Esch only has a chance to stay w/team if he plays well and stays affordable.

Jaylon's contract is way too high. Dallas's investment in 3 linebackers tells you everything you need to know.

Mannix

Reaction score
------I'd prefer to see if they can get back on track before throwing them out.

I'd prefer that they both be thrown out, and that Jaclyn never show his face in Dallas again.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
Unless they treat him like Sean Lee who for some reason got a free pass from the front office and from most fans.

When healthy, and young, Lee was one of the better linebackers in the league. That's why he was kept around earlier.
Later yeah he got kept around for reasons other than performance, but Lee didn't get a "free pass" until then...

Fmart322

Reaction score
Lve has his problems but smith is a bigger liability on the field than LVE imo

After last season, both looked terrible at times. We could of just got rid of both or give them both a chance with a new DC.
LVE will have a chance to stick around with a good season. Same with Smith. Both players need to play better, it's really that simple.

HappyOnions

Datwin
Reaction score
Jaylon, despite his horrible 2020 season, has at least been healthy and "reliable"

No one thrived under Mike Nolan's system last year... I'm willing to see how he does this season.

Regardless of the system, LVE cannot seem to stay healthy. It's a shame, because it really is a repeat of Sean Lee all over again - all pro talent with a body that constantly betrays him.

quickccc

Reaction score
Just because we are keeping LVE and Jaylon on the current roster this year, doesn't necessarily mean that they start for much of the season either.

Among those two ..along with Parson and Cox, ..and even Neal -some LB (s) are just not gonna see much of the field this year.
It's ridiculous to see a highly paid LB like Jaylon still on the roster - and very likely and eventually demoted to the bench.

- And oddly i'm continue to see Stephen Jones go against his philosophy of dishing out big money contracts to average players - we've seen it with
Crawford, ..now Jaylon... now Brown,.. now Jourdan,... and i'm gonna wait and see with Zeke.. but for now, i'd have to place him in that group as well
since he's seemed to have lost it as an explosive splash player.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Lve has his problems but smith is a bigger liability on the field than LVE imo
I think most on this board agree with you. I think there is a buyers remorse on Jaylon, but we can't cut him this year (unless its post june 1st). he has a contract. given his health issues and signing him to such a contract was a mistake, so they are probably a little leery on LVE nad his injury and handing out another large contract to an injured player....I am more than 80% sure neither will be here next year.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I think both guys fate is tied to what they do this season. Regardless of Cowboys not picking up option year on LVE does not mean he will not be resigned but I think Cowboys are hesitant to commit to him given the injuries. As for Jaylon after this season is Potential Out: 2022, 3 yr, $26,386,704; $6,800,000 dead cap. So I don't see anything as a given and both guys will have to produce to remain.

LACowboysFan1

Reaction score
After last season, both looked terrible at times. We could of just got rid of both or give them both a chance with a new DC.
LVE will have a chance to stick around with a good season. Same with Smith. Both players need to play better, it's really that simple.

Yes both are on the hot seat. LVE especially since he doesn't have a contract past the 2021-22 season...