I may have a man-crush on Columbo

SteveOS

Dedicated to Sports Gaming
Reaction score
Man, he has so much passion for this game. Love it when he gets into the heads of the opponents. Too bad we don't have any more guys w/ his attitude.

:bow:

I have a feeling he'll have a 15-yard penalty on the horizon for some of his antics, but I'm sure it will be justified, lol.

Apollo Creed

Stackin and Processin, Well
Reaction score
Colombo knows how to fire this group up. Our team plays off emotion. Very high highs, and very low lows.

Its simply a matter of getting healthy and putting it all together down the stretch.

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
Enjoy it while you can cause he may be gone after this season, we may not have the money to keep him. Granted, we haven't bothered to groom or prepare a replacement, so maybe we'll resign him and lose other players.

YosemiteSam

Unfriendly and Aloof!
Reaction score
TheCount;2377356 said:
Enjoy it while you can cause he may be gone after this season, we may not have the money to keep him. Granted, we haven't bothered to groom or prepare a replacement, so maybe we'll resign him and lose other players.

Maybe some of his poor play of late is Houck him up so he doesn't look as attractive to other teams! :laugh2:

jaybird

Reaction score
Ditto for Zach Thomas. Just listened to his presser, talking about the horrible game they had/he had and he said: "I couldn't sleep at night". Zoners that's the kind of player we need.

yentl911

Reaction score
MC is tough, mean and nasty - just what we needed yesterday and just what we need for the rest of the season. I wish more of our players had that kind of emotion and nasty streak in them.

I you have three or four guys on each side of the ball that played like that it can become infectious.......

I would love to see this team start physically dominating other teams and really make a statement. We have the ability.

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The Tampa game proved that this team can get physical and take control against a good team. Even Bradie James was sacking the QB. Everybody was stepping up. It was contagious and the rookies in the secondary have a little confidence now, which they will need down the stretch. If Greg Ellis was playing like last year, this D could be awesome.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
TheCount;2377356 said:

:muttley:

going to be a rough off season.....

TellerMorrow34

BraveHeartFan
Reaction score
I like Columbo. I know there are the handful who really don't or think that he should probably be replaced at the end of the season but I really like him.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
TheCount;2377356 said:

you're a fool if you think Jerry let's Colombo walk

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
Love his attitude, just wish he was a better right tackle.

tomson75

Brain Dead Shill
Reaction score
theogt;2377526 said:
Love his attitude, just wish he was a better right tackle.

I'll take him over Pettiti and the continuous revolving door we had there before him. I trust him more than I trust our scouting department's ability to draft/find a replacement.

1fisher

Reaction score
Columbo will be fine..... if he could only find a way to keep his jersey tucked in his britches....

:lmao2:

j/k.... I love the guys intensity. He's got a nasty streak and he's always there helping his guy up or congratulating them. I hope we find a way to keep him!

RaptorJesus

Benched
Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;2377522 said:
you're a fool if you think Jerry let's Colombo walk

Yay! Another over 30 offensive linemen resigned to a longterm contract. Jerry is a joke. The offensive line is going to dissolve in 1-2 years and we are going to be in cap hell with no backups.

But lets just sign him anyways until hes 35-36 like Flozell and Leonard Davis.

tomson75

Brain Dead Shill
Reaction score
RaptorJesus;2377622 said:
Yay! Another over 30 offensive linemen resigned to a longterm contract. Jerry is a joke. The offensive line is going to dissolve in 1-2 years and we are going to be in cap hell with no backups.

While I completely disagree with you, I have to give you props for your user name....outstanding!

:welcome:

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
RaptorJesus;2377622 said:

Wow. What a positive first post.

burmafrd

Reaction score
Colombo is not 30 and anyone with any knowledge of football realizes that O linemen can play at a high level past 35 and many have.

Vintage

The Cult of Jib
Reaction score
burmafrd;2377645 said:
Colombo is not 30 and anyone with any knowledge of football realizes that O linemen can play at a high level past 35 and many have.

If Colombo isn't 30, why does nfl.com say that he is 30?

http://www.nfl.com/players/marccolombo/profile?id=COL745693

bagdad_bob_large.gif

'Colombo is not 30.'

burmafrd

Reaction score
He just turned 30 this month- I thought he was not 30 untill the end of the season.

WarC

Reaction score
SteveOS;2377349 said:
Man, he has so much passion for this game. Love it when he gets into the heads of the opponents. Too bad we don't have any more guys w/ his attitude.

You're not the only one! I love the guy. Seems like when he's playing lights out and getting into people's faces, the whole O line feeds off it. Shoulda seen the smile on my face when he got into it with #59 of the Bucs!