CFZ I mean is anyone really surprised right now?

Sydla

Reaction score
When you calm down for a second and think about it, are you really surprised by this team turning what was a prime spot to score the winning TD from the 6 yard line into a desperation last second play that comes up 5 yards short?

For most fanbases, what happened there at the end would probably stun some fanbases. But it shouldn't surprise ours. We live for moments like that. We thrive in incompetence in moments like that. It takes a special level of undiscipined, inept, stupid play to blow a 1st and goal from the 6 yard line with more than enough time to score and the game on the line. Roles reverses, does anyone doubt that Philly wouldn't have scored on us in that situation? Of course they would have. They aren't as dumb a team as we are.

A false start. Then your RT gets whipped to be compounded by your vet QB deciding not to chuck the ball away and live for the next 3 plays from the 11. Then chaos sets in and your QB costs you 5 more yards on a delay, to then not throw into the endzone, but rather short of it........... by 5 yards......... as the clock runs out.

If you had told a fan of another team that's how they lost a game, they'd say you made it up. You tell a Cowboys fan that's how they lost a winnable game against a good team, and pretty much all of us would say, "Yeah, that sounds about right............."

jhj7098

Reaction score
When you calm down for a second and think about it, are you really surprised by this team turning what was a prime spot to score the winning TD from the 6 yard line into a desperation last second play that comes up 5 yards short?

For most fanbases, what happened there at the end would probably stun some fanbases. But it shouldn't surprise ours. We live for moments like that. We thrive in incompetence in moments like that. It takes a special level of undiscipined, inept, stupid play to blow a 1st and goal from the 6 yard line with more than enough time to score and the game on the line. Roles reverses, does anyone doubt that Philly wouldn't have scored on us in that situation? Of course they would have. They aren't as dumb a team as we are.

A false start. Then your RT gets whipped to be compounded by your vet QB deciding not to chuck the ball away and live for the next 3 plays from the 11. Then chaos sets in and your QB costs you 5 more yards on a delay, to then not throw into the endzone, but rather short of it........... by 5 yards......... as the clock runs out.

If you had told a fan of another team that's how they lost a game, they'd say you made it up. You tell a Cowboys fan that's how they lost a winnable game against a good team, and pretty much all of us would say, "Yeah, that sounds about right............."
Couldn’t have said it better myself, especially the part where Philly would’ve scored in that situation and prob sf and kc too.

Blackrain

Reaction score
Yep I was surprised we played as good as we did for as long as we did.
But like I've said in the end when you need to finisher a banging running back you got like 3 minutes left you need to drive down and score and leave them no time.
In other words you needed to get Derrick Henry at the trade deadline and he wins you this game.

Instead we go one-dimensional and force Dak to pass every down let them pin their ears back and beat Terrance steel like a drum

Sydla

Reaction score
Yep I was surprised we played as good as we did for as long as we did.
But like I've said in the end when you need to finisher a banging running back you got like 3 minutes left you need to drive down and score and leave them no time.
In other words you needed to get Derrick Henry at the trade deadline and he wins you this game.

Instead we go one-dimensional and force Dak to pass every down let them pin their ears back and beat Terrance steel like a drum
LOL.

Wut?

We ran a perfect drive time wise. Thinking we needed Henry is weird.

Blackrain

Reaction score
The toughest part of all this for me is having to admit objectively that the eagles are just a better team. They made plays when they had to and we didn’t.
Yep bullet in the end we had a very good opportunity to win but we jumped off sides we let the clock ran out of time.
Didn't really protect our quarterback good enough it's a shame because there was certainly an opportunity.

My good old '70s Cowboys win that game easily on the last drive.

Whyjerry

Reaction score

I am not. Seen this game many times over the past 3 decades.

kevm3

Reaction score
This is the typical Cowboys of nearly 30 years. They are not built to win. Don't you think if maybe the FO had actually DID SOMETHING before the trade deadline, that could have tilted a close game into a victory? Like maybe actually trade for an RB... or maybe not burn that 2nd rounder on a TE.

No matter what we do, change coaches, change qbs, it's the same result over and over and over again. No compilation of talent has been good enough to overcome the front office. That's an impressive feat.