I miss Romo's elusiveness

shabazz

Reaction score
I agree. Romo in his prine was ellusive . I’d like to see Dak cut a little weight off, he’s not ellusive at all. He’s too big. Having said that, qbs that depend on elusiveness as part of their game don’t last long.

I agree, he’s getting fatter every year. He’s starting to look like Roethlesbrger, minus the NFL caliber arm

He better lay off all that Cambells Chunky Beef Soup he’s peddling

Maxmadden

Reaction score
He used to try and escape out the front of the pocket, now he just rolls right into the DE coming around the edge. If he would take off out the front once in a while those DE wouldn't be so far up the field.

WarDaddy

kidcrook
Reaction score
He used to try and escape out the front of the pocket, now he just rolls right into the DE coming around the edge. If he would take off out the front once in a while those DE wouldn't be so far up the field.

And it would result in more time on the deep routes. We have to find a way to make teams pay for not keeping a spy at home against Dak.

He absolutely must scramble more.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Romo was a very good pocket moving to buy time to throw, big difference than scrambling to run..he had very good feel for the pocket having intentions to find the big play..

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score

We forget this guy could get out of of sacks like no other. Daks a big guy and can breal though some tackles. The touchdown vs the Texans/ JJ Watt is still my favourite.

Funny how the OL was built for Romo to protect him.

Then DAK and Zeke inherit it

Funny how things go.

Yes he was elusive.

Also fumbled and threw a slew of ints.

And his lack of elusiveness with his last injury sealed the deal.

Hmmm...

I see your point.

My mom had a saying..

When she was a little girl..she had a nursery . rhyme about a little girl who when she was good...

she was very good.

But when she was bad..

she was awful.

Can't remember her name.

But Romo fits that.

percyhoward

Research Tool
Reaction score
RomoEscapes.gif

rags747

Reaction score
If he was so elusive why did his back get snapped in like 2.

He wasn’t a great Pocket scrambler like russel Wilson. Just average at BEST
Wilson learned everything he knows from Romo, no comparison in the pocket buddy.

rags747

Reaction score
I agree. Romo in his prine was ellusive . I’d like to see Dak cut a little weight off, he’s not ellusive at all. He’s too big. Having said that, qbs that depend on elusiveness as part of their game don’t last long.
Dak did drop weight this year from his first two.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score

True, but no one losses a game with a pick in the worst moment then Romo. Talk about holding your breath?

When Romo was in the redzone I remember being on edge thinking he was about to throw a pick. With Dak you worry about getting sacked and fumbling. One guy you solve the problem with a good Oline, the other guy you just don't.

nalam

The realist
Reaction score
I miss Romo's pocket presense (as if he had eyes in back) , he could feel the pressure most of the time and get out , step up or slide out and throw the football, but he played with worst OLs most of his Dallas career - one pet peeve was he was always trying to make a heroic play and not throw it away.Some of Daks sacks are him running into them and he also holds the ball too long.