I mock all mocks

MarionBarberThe4th

Reaction score
I wasted 9 seconds reading that and replying w/ this sentence

Can we move this lame thread to the political forum or something?

dallasfaniac

Reaction score
I find relevance with mock draft threads. It's interesting seeing how draftees rise and fall over the next couple months due to shrine game, senior bowl, team workouts, combine etc.

For instance, many sites had Ware ranked in the second round but then his stock kept rising and rising leading up to the draft, with Schefter saying Ware could go as high as 11. Here's a quote from a poster in April that year.
If you told me a month ago that we would take Ware at #11, I would have done a swan dive out of my 3rd floor window. Now, depending on whose still available, I think it actually might be the best move.

I admit I loved Ware at 20 but was worried taking him at 11 at the time due to his meteroic rise. Looking at the mocks from that time is hilarious. One mock that several people said they loved was taking Mike Williams at #11 and David Pollack at #20. We all know what happened there.

DFWJC

Reaction score
dallasfaniac;3254953 said:
I find relevance with mock draft threads. It's interesting seeing how draftees rise and fall over the next couple months due to shrine game, senior bowl, team workouts, combine etc.

For instance, many sites had Ware ranked in the second round but then his stock kept rising and rising leading up to the draft, with Schefter saying Ware could go as high as 11. Here's a quote from a poster in April that year.

I admit I loved Ware at 20 but was worried taking him at 11 at the time due to his meteroic rise. Looking at the mocks from that time is hilarious. One mock that several people said they loved was taking Mike Williams at #11 and David Pollack at #20. We all know what happened there.
Yeah, one of the fun parts is looking back. Just look back a couple of years ago at what many were saying negatively (and adamantly) about Chris Johnson. There were plenty who liked him to, but I do recall those that were so sure he would not make it...let alone dominate.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
burmafrd;3254854 said:
especially ones this early. waste of time

Quit your lying...you know you love them, that's why you read so many of them and comment.:D

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
If it wasn't for all the mocks I wouldn't know which college players to mull over. Not a big fan of college ball...

burmafrd

Reaction score
Was that a real mock? Cannot remember. But maybe I did post in one. Usually try and ignore them. Guess I caught the disease as well. Gotta find a doctor and get innoculated.

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
burmafrd;3254854 said:
especially ones this early. waste of time

Then why are you even hanging out on the DRAFT ZONE??

What exactly is it that you think we talk about in here??

One of these days, you'll make a post that contributes to the dialogue... it hasn't happened yet, but even a blind hog finds an acorn every once in a while...

I just hope I live to see it...

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
burmafrd;3256000 said:
Was that a real mock? Cannot remember. But maybe I did post in one. Usually try and ignore them. Guess I caught the disease as well. Gotta find a doctor and get innoculated.

By all means, if they've developed an inoculation for stupidity...