I must be catching what ever it is the Cowboys have

SDogo

Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev
Reaction score
I find myself caring less and less after each loss and lackluster/heartless performance. Typically I would be irate right now, my whole week ruined but I figure if the Cowboys don't care why should I? Maybe a couple more loses and Jerry will get to see his other two projects at WR play. You know, the inactive one and that other guy called Hurd. Just turn this season into an extended preseason and see what the guys have. I mean there is nothing else Jerry can do right? I'm sure he wants to see what other great things come from our special teams unit and see how many games teams will continue to stimy our offense by double covering TO and Witten. If it's broke why fix it? It's his money to play with.

Yes, I'm being a little sarcastic but part of me really is having an issue caring right now. I know there will be several responses requesting I stop watching or I'm not a true fan or will I still feel the same way when it gets turned around but really, I'm pretty comfortable where I'm at. It's only been 12 years and counting and they have not proved me wrong yet. The only streak that may go longer is Romo's turnover streak.

I even found myself today almost agreeing with those who are saying Romo will never be able to get it done. I also wonder about the Cowboys. At one point I looked at my 2 year old and told him to do himself a favor and don't root for the Cowboys. Almost protecting your kid from a heartache you don't want to see them suffer through.

I know this post is Extremeskins laugh of the week material and would probably already be posted if they were not too busy being the laugh of the week themselves but in a theraputic way I actually feel better.

I look forward to our session the same time next week.

Go Cowboys

BlueStar22

Reaction score
i tell you what, i'm enjoying these games less and less. It goes all the way back to the December slide last year.

SDogo

Reaction score
BlueStar22;2331598 said:
i tell you what, i'm enjoying these games less and less. It goes all the way back to the December slide last year.

I understand that. Before December of last year I could hardly sit down to watch a game, I lived and died with every play but that week leading up to the Giants game after the December we had I really had no doubt in my mind the Cowboys had no chance and for the first time all season I kicked up in my recliner and the biggest response I let out the whole game was when my son spilled kool-aid on the carpet. Ever since then I find it much easier to knock a few things off the old Honey-do-list and maybe even play a game on the CPU while I listen to the Cowboys in the background. I really fear I have started to lose some of the passion for this team. I never in my life thought I would get to this point. Heck, as long as the Cowboys have been on the playoff drought I have never missed a game and I don't see that happening in the near future but it's much closer then I ever thought it would be.

Truthfully, I might have enjoyed the 1-15 team of 89' more then I have this team the last 6 or 7 years.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
HomeOfLegends;2331588 said:
I know this post is Extremeskins laugh of the week material

I doubt that

I wouldn't be suprised to see that site draped in black background

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
BlueStar22;2331598 said:

You know what.. its just ONE game... the great thing is next week we have another and then another and so on and so on

Maybe we will get it together.

Hey Mods - can we have a "Meltdown Zone" for all the quitters after 6 games sitting at 4-2?

Thanks,
Love YoMick

SDogo

Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;2331644 said:
I doubt that

I was saved by the Rams.

BlueStar22

Reaction score
YoMick;2331665 said:
You know what.. its just ONE game... the great thing is next week we have another and then another and so on and so on

Hey Mods - can we have a "Meltdown Zone" for all the quitters after 6 games sitting at 4-2?

Thanks,
Love YoMick
it's sad that you think it's just THIS one game. It's not this game man.

Kangaroo

Reaction score
Bob Sacamano;2331644 said:
I doubt that

Good Idea get it done Hos and crew we need it

SDogo

Reaction score
YoMick;2331665 said:

Thanks,
Love YoMick

Thanks for not letting me down. This thread would just would not of felt right with out a quitter or bandwagon poo poo throw after I already announced it's coming.

I remember the same encouraging words spoken after the December slide last year before the Giants game which is why again, I can say I'm pretty comfortable with my feelings about this team right now.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
YoMick;2331665 said:

Thanks,
Love YoMick

4-2 is nice however you can't be happy with the way the cowboys have played these last couple of weeks. Can you really just tur na blind eye to everything and go welp 4-2.

kojak

Who Loves Ya Baby?
Reaction score
I also wonder about the Cowboys. At one point I looked at my 2 year old and told him to do himself a favor and don't root for the Cowboys. Almost protecting your kid from a heartache you don't want to see them suffer through.

Unreal.:(

SDogo

Reaction score
BlueStar22;2331672 said:

That's just it, we have lost before, we have lost bad and we have lost many. It's the direction, the consistency and the body language of this team.

BotchedLobotomy

Wide Right
Reaction score
Glad I'm not the only one that feels that way. Normally, when the whole penalty and subsequent kick was being hashed out, I would be pacing the room being rude to the wife and kids to keep quiet. Tonight, I went to take a leak and came back just after the timeout/blocked fg try. When we got the ball in OT, I found myself asking what kind of turnover we'd have and just then Romo fumbled and recovered the ball.....and just kinda laughed. I just kinda laughed alot during this game. sigh.................................

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Agreed.

I could tell the type of enthusiasm they had pre-game.

Romos face usually tells the story.

Uninspired football is killing this team.

They look to laid back and lackadasical. Like their coach..................................................................................

bayeslife

187beatdown
Reaction score
I don't know what it was, but for the first time in a long long long time, I actually turned away from the TV and did something else. They just didn't show they wanted to win, nothing that excited me. They showed no passion to want to win or hunger.

So I played Madden and to neutralize the feeling I blitzed all game long.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
187beatdown;2331704 said:
I don't know what it was, but for the first time in a long long long time, I actually turned away from the TV and did something else. They just didn't show they wanted to win, nothing that excited me. They showed no passion to want to win or hunger.

So I played Madden and to neutralize the feeling I blitzed all game long.

:lmao2::lmao:

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
BlueStar22;2331672 said:

No its not just THIS ONE GAME.
AGREED.

But its ONE more game in the book that is over and its a loss. You can only lose the same game once.

Lets get our act together. THERE IS enough time.

DaBoys4Life;2331682 said:
4-2 is nice however you can't be happy with the way the cowboys have played these last couple of weeks. Can you really just tur na blind eye to everything and go welp 4-2.

AGAIN, AGREED. Not happy at all.
NEVER turning a blind eye. Its just that at 4-2, while everything is not rosey, nothing is over... not even close.

Da Hammer

The Natural
Reaction score
Watching the Patriots get destroyed right now on National TV watching Hoody with a clueless look on his face is doing wonders for my mood! lol

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
YoMick;2331665 said:
Not likely to happen any time soon.

SDogo

Reaction score
HowAboutThemCowboys;2331696 said:
Glad I'm not the only one that feels that way. Normally, when the whole penalty and subsequent kick was being hashed out, I would be pacing the room being rude to the wife and kids to keep quiet. Tonight, I went to take a leak and came back just after the timeout/blocked fg try. When we got the ball in OT, I found myself asking what kind of turnover we'd have and just then Romo fumbled and recovered the ball.....and just kinda laughed. I just kinda laughed alot during this game. sigh.................................

Bingo, that's about it in a nutshell. Heck, there was a time I would of been kneeling on the floor in agony while Folk was lining up for that kick. Today I found myself thinking it was just delaying the inevitable.

After the blocked punt my wife said "I did not see that coming, are they allowed to do that"?

Thank god for comical relief from the wife. Put me in the mood to make some popcorn and watch a movie and forget about it all realizing these guys are still going to get paid for not earning it and tomorrow I get to go back and fight for ever dollar I earn so I can feed my family. Only difference is, I'll take pride in what I do.