I must be catching what ever it is the Cowboys have

JokeyH

The Kramer
Reaction score
I was secretly wondering if I was the only one who felt this way... The Cowboys are like a girlfriend you keep taking back year after year.. "I wont break your heart" "It will be different this time, I swear." "I'm a better person now, honest."

I keep thinking of what Parcells said, I think it was last year.... When the losses hurt more that the wins feel good, its time to get out. Or something like that...

I will always be a Cowboys fan. I just don't think I can trust them with my heart anymore.

SDogo

Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev
Reaction score
JokeyH;2331756 said:
I was secretly wondering if I was the only one who felt this way... The Cowboys are like a girlfriend you keep taking back year after year.. "I wont break your heart" "It will be different this time, I swear." "I'm a better person now, honest."

I keep thinking of what Parcells said, I think it was last year.... When the losses hurt more that the wins feel good, its time to get out. Or something like that...

I will always be a Cowboys fan. I just don't think I can trust them with my heart anymore.

I think there are more of us feeling this way then will ever admit it on here. It's not some thing you really want to do unless your very serious about what your feeling because you know your going to get ripped apart. Many just find it easier to bite the bullet and and jump on the homer bandwagon to save face.

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
HomeOfLegends;2331736 said:
Bingo, that's about it in a nutshell. Heck, there was a time I would of been kneeling on the floor in agony while Folk was lining up for that kick. Today I found myself thinking it was just delaying the inevitable.

After the blocked punt my wife said "I did not see that coming, are they allowed to do that"?

Thank god for comical relief from the wife. Put me in the mood to make some popcorn and watch a movie and forget about it all realizing these guys are still going to get paid for not earning it and tomorrow I get to go back and fight for ever dollar I earn so I can feed my family. Only difference is, I'll take pride in what I do.

Do you realize what you sound like?

An arrogant holier-than-thou jackarse.

How dare you assume they do not take pride in what they do or care about winning.

You have no idea.

SDogo

Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev
Reaction score
windward;2331789 said:

How dare you assume they do not take pride in what they do or care about winning.

You have no idea.

Really? I know if I fudged up a deal at work and walked around with my head down all day and sat at my desk staring into space only to make the same mistake again and again not only would I lose my job but I would probably get told that I either did not care, did not try hard enough or simply did not put in the effort.Some things are not that hard to see. Body language tells all, it's very easy to read.

Now don't get me wrong, not all the Cowboys players are like that but it's contagious which is why in the real world, those employees are let go or kicked in the ***.

B_Milly_M8ker

Reaction score
Its funny i can really relate to the OP on this one. Id consider myself a huge cowboy fan. Been a fan my whole life (21 years) I havent missed a game in over 14 years. I live in Utah and i go to a game ever year, i play online poker professionaly and my Poker Screen names are all named after Cowboy players. With all that being said i dont seem to care when they lose anymore, I think a part of my fanhood died last year when we lost that playoff game.

I used to get super nervious during any Cowboy game, my week would be ruined if we losed etc etc. But now i just dont seem to care as much anymore when we lose, i cant really explain it. Alot of it has to do with my new outlook on life and all the books ive read on positive thinking and living in the now.

I guess i feel like over the past 12 years ive put so much emotion into each game/season that it just seemed like a complete waiste of Energy to let something you have no control over effect your life in such a negative way.

I know this forum is for the hardcore fan and ill prolly get flamed and accused of not being a "True" fan but this is far from the truth and this is honestly just the way i feel now about the Cowboys. Imagine what it would be like to be an Iggles fan :shoot6:

Zaxor

Virtus Mille Scuta
Reaction score
I've been watching the Cowboys since 1968 so I guess I'm on my 40th Anniversary with them... Living over in Europe the time zone usually puts the Cowboys on at a most inconvenient time...the late start is around 10:20 PM while the Monday or Sunday Nighter comes around 2-3 AM...(do to travel time I usually have to be out of the house at 6 AM) I would stay up or get up to watch them but I have not this year... they just do not seem to be worth it anymore and as far as the game of Football (NFL) especially the playoffs... well I do not watch much of it anymore...It use to be about the game now its about the show and I'm not interested in the show.

Overkill that is what I would call it....Too much of a good thing...even here on the forum I get analysis/reports from dozens of papers/shows and I being the junkie I am read/watch/listen to them all....at some point in time you have to back out and gain perspective and that is what I think most of us are doing

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
HomeOfLegends;2331588 said:
I find myself caring less and less after each loss and lackluster/heartless performance.

Then join the September 28 GROW/GROS Peasants Movement and make the hurting stop.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
stealth;2331964 said:
I enjoyed the game and look forward to the rest of the season.

I envy you being all happy and stuff and attending those We Love Cupcakes meetings to raise money for the Wade statue at the new stadium.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
I have the opposite problem.

I find myself caring more and more and I find myself more depressed about it because with all the football I have ever watched I feel like this is not a good team, at least for right now.

To me its a shame, its also still early but this team just is missing something. Its kind of a devastating thing for me.

alicetooljam

Reaction score
HomeOfLegends;2331691 said:
That's just it, we have lost before, we have lost bad and we have lost many. It's the direction, the consistency and the body language of this team.

:hammer:

Billy Bullocks

Reaction score
This team just seems to be unable to put together a solid perfomance. Our defense played lights out the first half, the offense doesn't show up. Then we get a BIT of offense going, and the defense caves.

Our ST are so bad right now, it's unreal.

I'm going to continue watching, and rooting hard...but this team needs to really turn it around if they want to have any sort of real success this year.

In a way, maybe losing 2 games early like this will spark something in the team.

If this game doesn't make them angry and hungry, I don't know what will. I'm not the biggest fan of Wade Phillips, and it's largely because I think that the whole happy family, all mistakes on me policy doesn't work.

Sure some of these guys have fragile egos, but they aren't little kids. This isn't an AYSO soccer team. It's time to start pointing the finger at some of the players and holding them accountable for what have been 3 bad perfomances in a row.

Tusan_Homichi

Heisenberg
Reaction score
I'm kind of in the same boat at the moment. I'm getting less excited as time goes on. I was completely on the edge of my seat for the Eagles game. I mean, I was flippin the hell out.

Since that point, it's gotten less and less exciting because we just aren't snapping out of whatever funk we're in.

texbumthelife

Reaction score
If only we could win the Superbowl every year and have 22 pro-bowlers, and never have a turnover.....

If only....

Do you guys go back and read what you just typed?

Billy Bullocks

Reaction score
texbumthelife;2332696 said:
If only we could win the Superbowl every year and have 22 pro-bowlers, and never have a turnover.....

If only....

You really are stretching with that argument.

Sure I agree, some people expect the defense to force a turn over or a 3 and out EVERY series..and the offense should be scoring at will...unrealistic.

I'm not sure what you expect people to be saying when :
-we are 1-2 over the last 3 weeks.
-we are seeing the same worrying trends from the end of last year, week in and week out.

There's a big difference between having unreaslitic expectaions, and with getting angry over a team that is underachieving BIG TIME.

SquiggDoggs

Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;2331682 said:
4-2 is nice however you can't be happy with the way the cowboys have played these last couple of weeks. Can you really just tur na blind eye to everything and go welp 4-2.

I'm not very happy with the way that they team is playing...they had two games that they looked decent on both sides of the field...game 1 and GB...IMO...to play this poorly and be 4-2 should give the fans a lot of hope in the coming games...2 losses and one was what 2 points and the other was in OT and both those games were about as bad as you could play…just need to string a few wins together and all will be good.

bigE79

Reaction score
windward;2331789 said:

You have no idea.
:hammer:

TNCowboy

Double Trouble
Reaction score
windward;2331789 said:

You have no idea.
Hate to burst your bubble, but most of them obviously don't care that much. You'd see greater attention to detail and fewer mistakes if they did.

morasp

Reaction score
texbumthelife;2332696 said:

If only....

If only we could actually win one playoff game in twelve years. This team is supposed to be the NY Yankees of the NFL. I remember Jerry saying after Jimmy quit that any one of ten different coaches could do what Jimmy did. So far that hasn't happened. If you build it they will come. Unfortunately it isn't a brand new stadium with mile high ticket prices. It is a team that plays hard and wins games.