I never want to see MB3 start for us again

burmafrd

Reaction score
He seemed worn out in the second half. BUT then again the O line did not do much run blocking ( or much of any blocking) in the second half.

khiladi

Reaction score
burmafrd;1900543 said:
He seemed worn out in the second half. BUT then again the O line did not do much run blocking ( or much of any blocking) in the second half.

They weren't doing it in the first. He was making plenty of yards out of nothing.

WarC

Reaction score
Barber was the only thing that kept this game from getting very ugly very fast.

TonyS

Reaction score
I detect some sarcasm...but maybe it's only me.

Sandman52

Reaction score
burmafrd;1900543 said:

You're on to something there. Barber usually batters the defense in the 2nd half because he doesn't get a ton of carries in the first half. With his style of running, MB3 cannot take the carries the whole game. We needed JuJo to do something in the 2nd and 3rd Qtrs.

Bottom line, we need another RB who can complement MB3. Someone like Bradshaw... a quick, shifty back who can pick up 4+ yds a carry over 7-10 carries.

Taz

Reaction score
the high clevland pick = mcfadden
the low cowboy pick = draft a CB nt sure which isbest
2nd eouder trade for roy williams

Derinyar

Reaction score
I do think Barber isn't a feature back. He very well might be the better half of a split back system.

odog422

Reaction score
Actually, I do think they got too happy with him in the first half. His carries at the half I think were close to probably whaat he averaged per game.

I liked him starting, but I think they went to him as if we were one backing -- and I think it showed late in the game.

burmafrd

Reaction score
JJ only got 3 carries. They gave Romo too many touches and he wore out.

Shotgun Dave

Reaction score
Has it occurred to any of you Barber-bashers that he ran for 101 yards in the first half while, coincidentally, Romo also went UNTOUCHED but in the second half our o-line got b!+c% slapped all over the place and Romo got pounded into hamburger meat? Anyone notice that the Giants were in our backfield 4 and 5 at a time in the second half?

Yeah, Barber sucks. I can't believe he can only run over and through 3 or 4 guys per play. What a waste! Put Jones back in! By picking up 2 yards per rush, we'll leave McBriar more room to aim when he punts!

But fear not! Apparently, McFadden is going to fall all the way to #22 and we're going to trade Roy Williams for a second round pick. Roy's not got a big cap number, has he?

:rolleyes:

jswalker1981

Fact > Your Opinion
Reaction score
Taz;1900600 said:

Umm, cleveland's pick is going to be like the 21st pick in the draft, not the #1 pick.

Reaction score
Taz;1900600 said:

McFadden will not drop that far buddy...

03EBZ06

Need2Speed
Reaction score
Our OLine got abused in second half which slowed our running attack and hurried Romo.

LarryCanadian

Reaction score
Heard enough of this in the post-game by Norm and company. Barber was a stud. End of story. Next year let him start earlier in the season so he's used to it. He still drove a guy late in the game after catching that pass.

He might have been a bit tired, but, there were far fewer holes or lanes in 2nd half. WE should have play actioned a ton in 2nd half after how well Barber did 1st half.

Get a speed/slasher to complement BArber next year and a veteran that can help out once in awhile as 3rd guy.

LarryCanadian