I never want to see MB3 start for us again

Shotgun Dave

Reaction score
LarryCanadian;1901111 said:
Heard enough of this in the post-game by Norm and company. Barber was a stud. End of story. Next year let him start earlier in the season so he's used to it. He still drove a guy late in the game after catching that pass.

He might have been a bit tired, but, there were far fewer holes or lanes in 2nd half. WE should have play actioned a ton in 2nd half after how well Barber did 1st half.

Get a speed/slasher to complement BArber next year and a veteran that can help out once in awhile as 3rd guy.

LarryCanadian

THANK YOU!

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
The "Barber Bash" as you guys called it shouldn't be done in the first half when the score is zero-zero I don't care how you guys want to put it but that did not look like the cowboys offense i saw for the first 16 weeks. Barber accumulates all his yards in the 2nd half of the game this time he gets them all in the first half and we're got screwed. Us starting barber and playing him in the first half is like sending your closer out in the 3rd inning.

LarryCanadian

Reaction score
I understand your point, but Barber should be played throughout the game. Norm said it. "IT WORKED". Barber got us sparked after a slow start. He got a TD. We had NY Giants on their heals. If we don't stupidly let the Giants get a TD with 47 seconds left in first half we aren't posting this "debate".

My main position is that I don't think Barber was overly tired in 2nd half. Oline played far poorer. Play calling was suspect. Giants started tackling low, which has brought Barber down all year. He almost had too much momentum sometimes.

The real problem was not having another RB weapon to spell Barber with. I would have spit at the TV any minute you took Barber out and put in Jones. He wasn't doing anything. Get a Michael Turner or draft a fast slasher that gets more than 1.5 to 2 yards (which just killed momentum all year), and I agree with you all the way.

LarryCanadian

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
LarryCanadian;1901200 said:
I understand your point, but Barber should be played throughout the game. Norm said it. "IT WORKED". Barber got us sparked after a slow start. He got a TD. We had NY Giants on their heals. If we don't stupidly let the Giants get a TD with 47 seconds left in first half we aren't posting this "debate".

My main position is that I don't think Barber was overly tired in 2nd half. Oline played far poorer. Play calling was suspect. Giants started tackling low, which has brought Barber down all year. He almost had too much momentum sometimes.

The real problem was not having another RB weapon to spell Barber with. I would have spit at the TV any minute you took Barber out and put in Jones. He wasn't doing anything. Get a Michael Turner or draft a fast slasher that gets more than 1.5 to 2 yards (which just killed momentum all year), and I agree with you all the way.

LarryCanadian

I think this lose is on the coaches fault for preparing this strategy and not playing more to our strengths Barber hasn't played a full game ever and they decide hey lets try something new in the playoffs against our rivals.... =/

TEK2000

Reaction score
Pissed me off that we only ran the ball 5 times after our 1st drive of the 2nd half.

Jason Garrett is still a young playcaller and abandoned the run.... again. That put the entire game on the OLine's pass protection vs the leading sack defense in the NFL and Romo.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
TEK2000;1901341 said:
Pissed me off that we only ran the ball 5 times after our 1st drive of the 2nd half.

Jason Garrett is still a young playcaller and abandoned the run.... again. That put the entire game on the OLine's pass protection vs the leading sack defense in the NFL and Romo.

I think if we would pass more with romo in the first half it would have been better since thats what we've been doing all year. MB3 starting this game drastically change our offense which lead to our downfall. I still don't know why we didn't spread the field 3 WR sets Terry Glenn Crayton and Owens then JJ in the back field and Witten playing TE/FB. Our offense is so unstoppable its a shame to see how they play calling botched it up.

I don't want to hear about the lame giants pass rush that has barely touched our QB's the past couple of years OSI and Strahan are so over hyped. Maybe we should bring Turrin Tucker back in and show them how to shut down strahan.