I normally crush trade ideas but now let the trade games begin

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
OBJ is a selfish, self centered, seld serving, me first, attention hog player who is a locker room cancer. the best thing about this team is the locker room, lets not bring a piece of shiet like him to cowboys locker room and ruin something good....this is purely fantasy league move......for some fantasy points.....any help would be on defensive side. we have enough offensive power

Good point. Hmm, maybe we can Sign Whitney Merciless.

lkelly

Reaction score
Last year I suggested the Cowboys trade Gallup to the Chiefs for their number 1, because even when I looked at their offense it was all Hill and Kelce, they really have no other weapons. Their 3rd & 4th WR's are terrible.
There is still a team out there that will give us a 1 for Gallup ( the Chiefs are probably desperate enough to do it), either you think you can win the SB and keep Gallup because there is no way we can resign him and get some compensation. I think this team has enough weapons to win without him. This is team building, making the tough decisions.
Honestly I am in favor of adding to this team vs selling.
Is this the point where you fire up Madden and propose trading Gallup for a 1 with every team, only to see the interest bar at "low?" Then you keep going through each team again and again expecting to see something different?

JustChip

Reaction score
Yeah, I wouldn't mind OBJ. I think Dak could do wonders for his career.
Maybe. But the first time he’s wide open for a TD and Dak misses him, he’ll go apoplectic. And this IS NOT a veiled shot at Dak; all QBs miss WRs. It’s an editorial statement on OBJ’s character and what the problems he could/would cause. It’s worth the risk if it’s 1992 with Jimmy as the coach and effective GM, but not today.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
The pieces we could use to trade IMO are Connor Williams, Michael Gallup, Cedric Wilson, Blake Jarwin and Jourdan Lewis/Anthony Brown if you trade for a corner.

I wouldn’t trade for draft picks either, I’d want to trade with teams looking to rebuild and willing to give up guys that are foundation pieces for draft capital like the Cooper/Ramsey/Jamal Adams situation.

I’d be looking at Quinton Williams, Roquon Smith, Minkah Fitzpatrick, or maybe an aging vet target like Calais Campbell/JJ Watt were prior to their trades.
Williams: Depends on what we can get for him. he is a FA after this season. so he will be hard to trade. if we don't like him, would other teams? what can you get for a kind of struggling OL man? a 5th!? I rather keep him for depth if nothing else. he would have more value to us for half a season than a 5th round pick.

Gallup will be tough to trade, I doubt if any team would pay more than a 3rd, protecting their pick since he may at most fetch a 3rd in compensation...and it has to be one of the teams trying to make a run, in which case why trade with somebody we might play in the playoffs.....or perhaps even dare I say superbowl.....and losing teams like draft picks. can go after gallup in off season...

why trade wilson unless we plan to sign gallup back. we can't lose both....I would not trade wilson at this point. he has been decent/good. and he may be cheaper to resign

Jarwin!!! really what can we get for a back up TE with all of 10 catches for 90 yards and 6M salary!!!! would you pay for a TE like him? there are about 40 of them in the league

Lewis, may entice somebody....not sure what his value is.

Anthony Brown....then who mans the other corner....if we are not happy with brown, then who is going to man the other corner

why would anyone give up anything of value, if they are rebuilding specially for our garbage and players who will be FA.

cffl2323

Reaction score
The only players we'd be able to get are underperformers on the last year of their deal, or guys that are overpaid. Don't think we really want either of those. Someone mentioned Van Noy who would actually be a decent option, but I don't think NE is throwing in the towel just yet, and he seems like a Belichick type guy. If we could find someone similar to him on a team that obviously has no chance of competing, that might work, but those are very rare and why not many trades happen mid-season in the NFL.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
I am not opposed to that.....have to think what the rotation would be

In my mind, I picture him starting where Lawrence would play. When Lawrence comes back, he'd rotate with Lawrence or Gregory, depending on the scheme or if they need a breather. This makes things easier for us later in the games or season as there's a consistent rush to the QB.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
In my mind, I picture him starting where Lawrence would play. When Lawrence comes back, he'd rotate with Lawrence or Gregory, depending on the scheme or if they need a breather. This makes things easier for us later in the games or season as there's a consistent rush to the QB.
my concern is that we are smallish up front... except maybe Bohanna and Urban, and suspect to runs and power running games.....so adding another smallish DE is not going to help the run game much.

dckid

Reaction score
Is this the point where you fire up Madden and propose trading Gallup for a 1 with every team, only to see the interest bar at "low?" Then you keep going through each team again and again expecting to see something different?
No sir, I don't even play Madden. I am in my early 40's, don't have time for that.
The front office should keep all options open.

Dallasfann

Reaction score
I know the perfect player. You call the team that we helped win a SB by releasing our aging star. Call and say, do right by your guy. Maybe a Gallup for Von Miller swap? Broncos need wide outs bad. Both on there last year. It might not even cost Gallup. I'm not good at gauging prices of players but Von Miller is the guy I try bringing in.

Xavier187

Reaction score
This is easy.
Trade for Grady Jarrett and Matt Hennessey from the Falcons. Offer Bradley Anae, Carlos Watkins , Francis Bernard and a couple late round picks.
Resign Jarret to a 4 yr deal deal in the 7 to 8 million range.

Trade Jourdan Lewis and a late round pick for Joe Haden..

Move Conner Williams to the bench start Conner McGovern.

Sign Whitley Mercilus

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No need to mess up the chemistry on offense. No matter what many think about LG or C, or if another WR is needed, which is not the case.
You do not upset the apple cart at this time. You use this 2 weeks to improve upon it.

Where we need help is still on the defense. Still too many wide open receivers, too high of a rush average given up.
They limited the big play to only a few, but as seen it can happen. So against the better QB's it will happen.
Now a lot of that can be fixed this 2 weeks also, however I feel we miss DLaw and a top DT still. Maybe Gallimore helps there. But they need the guys back.

I don't think it is so bad they need to start trading players or picks. Well, depends who the player is. But no one is a stand out as to go help other teams.
We as fans always over evaluate players in TC thinking we can trade players before cut down. But it never happens. So it will not happen now.

I am fine staying as is if no trades come about.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Just a thought…. But….. What about Gallup for OBJ… might have to send a pick to Cleveland also. But think of how unstoppable the Offense will be. And I’m one who always cries the offensive side is fine. We need more defense.

That is not the guy you bring in. Beckham is a clown.

If you want something at wideout than you go get someone with pure speed that can crush 1 on1s.

If the Cowboys want to make a trade I still think DB or a front 7 player is the way to go.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Dont forget to switch the salary cap off. The way the people making these crazy trade proposals are doing.

Nova

Ntegrase96
Reaction score
I wonder what it would take to pry Quinnen Williams away from the Jets.

Reactions: BAT

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This is easy.
Trade for Grady Jarrett and Matt Hennessey from the Falcons. Offer Bradley Anae, Carlos Watkins , Francis Bernard and a couple late round picks.
Resign Jarret to a 4 yr deal deal in the 7 to 8 million range.

Trade Jourdan Lewis and a late round pick for Joe Haden..

Move Conner Williams to the bench start Conner McGovern.

Sign Whitley Mercilus

This was a joke right?