I normally crush trade ideas but now let the trade games begin

McKDaddy

Reaction score
Just a thought…. But….. What about Gallup for OBJ… might have to send a pick to Cleveland also. But think of how unstoppable the Offense will be. And I’m one who always cries the offensive side is fine. We need more defense.

OBJ? Has any player taken a bigger fall from game changer to average player? Gallup is more consistent than OBJ has been since his trade to Cleveland.

Cebrin

Reaction score
It sucks but I only say that too knowing I dont want Parsons to stay at MLB. That guy needs to rush the passer 95% of the time and in the traditional MLB there are too many times he's out there covering. Cant have him covering, he has so much value as a pass rusher.
I agree. Not that I'm not interested in him "learning" the position. If he learns to cover at his speed and size he'd be the best LB in football. He's just not ready to play in space.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Just a thought…. But….. What about Gallup for OBJ… might have to send a pick to Cleveland also. But think of how unstoppable the Offense will be. And I’m one who always cries the offensive side is fine. We need more defense.

Why would you want to downgrade at WR and give up a pick to do it?

OBJ had 3 great seasons. The last one was in 2016. It's 2021 now.

conner01

Reaction score
Why would you want OBJ
At this point Wilson is better

Reactions: BAT

conner01

Reaction score
Last year I suggested the Cowboys trade Gallup to the Chiefs for their number 1, because even when I looked at their offense it was all Hill and Kelce, they really have no other weapons. Their 3rd & 4th WR's are terrible.
There is still a team out there that will give us a 1 for Gallup ( the Chiefs are probably desperate enough to do it), either you think you can win the SB and keep Gallup because there is no way we can resign him and get some compensation. I think this team has enough weapons to win without him. This is team building, making the tough decisions.
Honestly I am in favor of adding to this team vs selling.
If I could get a one I’d trade him but I doubt the chiefs would give a one and still have to pay him

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
my concern is that we are smallish up front... except maybe Bohanna and Urban, and suspect to runs and power running games.....so adding another smallish DE is not going to help the run game much.

Why sign one player when we can get 2? Maybe we can trade Anae to the Bucs for Steve McClendon? He's a NT weighing 310 lbs.

conner01

Reaction score
This is easy.
Trade for Grady Jarrett and Matt Hennessey from the Falcons. Offer Bradley Anae, Carlos Watkins , Francis Bernard and a couple late round picks.
Resign Jarret to a 4 yr deal deal in the 7 to 8 million range.

Trade Jourdan Lewis and a late round pick for Joe Haden..

Move Conner Williams to the bench start Conner McGovern.

Sign Whitley Mercilus
He’s gonna sign for 7-8 mil when he’s set to make 16 mil next year?

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Why sign one player when we can get 2? Maybe we can trade Anae to the Bucs for Steve McClendon? He's a NT weighing 310 lbs.
if they are willing. not sure how much better than Bohanna, Watkins and Hamilton he would be....Osa is on the light side, but he is a 3 tech. Gallimore will probably be a 3 tech, but may rotate at 1 tech, he is about 300.

the problem is that our LBs are smallish. Neal is about 210...parsons is bigger, but he is only one. LVE is just totally lost. so front 7 is rather light, but the front 7 is quick.....

gimmesix

Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life
Reaction score
I'm the poised voice of reason on this forum and it's a burden I carry quietly, without complaint.

How many times have I said: "No you don't give two first round picks for Jamaal Adams, you füül." "No you don't trade a third for a 37-year old cornerback, or a previously big-name DT, who now can't even get out of bed. Especially when this team is a .500 team. Have you looked at our cap!?"

I've beaten down so many childish trade suggestions I've lost count.

But when a window opens to win a Super Bowl...it's only reasonable to consider what pieces could take this team over the top, and how to make those trades possible.

Now, Cowboys nation, Now I say: Let the trade games begin.

I'm all for trying to make this defense more than opportunistic. However, I do believe getting Gallimore and Lawrence back will help with that as far as the line goes. Arguably, we're missing two of our top four DL (and one of them is our best overall). I wouldn't mind adding a monster in the middle to eat up some of those runs we've had against us.

I do believe we could be better on the back end and wouldn't mind bringing in an upgrade to Brown. Not sure what's out there now that Henderson and Gilmore are gone.

ultron

Reaction score
Cedric Wilson is a better receiver than OBJ right now, why in the world would we want to trade for something we have plenty of..

The only player I’d trade for right now is Derwin James, but the Chargers aren’t going to do that so it’s a mute point.

Reactions: BAT

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
if they are willing. not sure how much better than Bohanna, Watkins and Hamilton he would be....Osa is on the light side, but he is a 3 tech. Gallimore will probably be a 3 tech, but may rotate at 1 tech, he is about 300.

the problem is that our LBs are smallish. Neal is about 210...parsons is bigger, but he is only one. LVE is just totally lost. so front 7 is rather light, but the front 7 is quick.....

That's why I'm thinking we should either try to pluck a 1 T DT off a practice squad or trade a late pick for one.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I agree
Teams don’t just throw first round picks around unless it’s a real impact player and a coveted position like QB or edge rusher

And the Chiefs certainly aren’t struggling for receivers. They just added Gordon for nothing.

BEARCATSKLZ

Reaction score
Ready for this one........sign David Irving. And I am serious. Wouldnt cost you any pick, and basically no money. He's worth the risk of just having to cut him. He could impact the game so much its worth a shot this early into this run.
You would have to release someone on a hope...‍♂️

AKATheRake

Reaction score
Ready for this one........sign David Irving. And I am serious. Wouldnt cost you any pick, and basically no money. He's worth the risk of just having to cut him. He could impact the game so much its worth a shot this early into this run.

Rather just sign Geno Atkins if that’s where we want to go and it’s obvious this team isn’t worried about DT.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

It’s always been a commitment issue with Irving and I think it still is. He talked about getting back in the league briefly in the summer but I haven’t heard anything since.