I often wonder what the Cowboys do at practice?

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Is it just install for the offense and defense/practice drills, or do they actually go over the mistakes they make during the games. I know film study is vital, but I often wonder if it's being taken seriously by everyone. It doesn't seem like they practice hard enough on fixing mental mistakes (penalties), blocking, and tackling too well. We go into games and see the same mistakes over and over. There's rules to how much and what you can do in practice, but I look back at camp, and most of the time it was just a "thud" and that was it. We need to ramp it up a bit more with these guys, in a safe manner if that can be done.

I often wonder if our offense or if our defense challenges each other in practice enough when they go first team offense against first team defense. What we see in games, it looks like we're lost and have never practiced, please give your thoughts on this topic, I know you have them!!!

nightrain

Since 1971
Reaction score
locker-towel.gif

shabazz

Reaction score
You can thank McCarthy. You know, the one who should be fired. Epic fail.
What do you expect to change here even if McCarthy is fired?

When an owner/gm unilaterally trades away a 4th for a player and then insists that the HC turn that player into an NFL quarterback, it's a toxic situation

New coach? The branding culture and dysfunction will still remain

In short......I don't think it really matters who coaches here.....it's just a matter of changing the drapes

CowboysRule

Reaction score
What do you expect to change here even if McCarthy is fired?

When an owner/gm unilaterally trades away a 4th for a player and then insists that the HC turn that player into an NFL quarterback, it's a toxic situation

New coach? The branding culture and dysfunction will still remain

In short......I don't think it really matters who coaches here.....it's just a matter of changing the drapes
That has nothing to do with the current situation. That QB is not starting. Whoever we would've drafted with that 4th would likely not have improved the situation we are in currently.

maryquality

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Is it just install for the offense and defense/practice drills, or do they actually go over the mistakes they make during the games. I know film study is vital, but I often wonder if it's being taken seriously by everyone. It doesn't seem like they practice hard enough on fixing mental mistakes (penalties), blocking, and tackling too well. We go into games and see the same mistakes over and over. There's rules to how much and what you can do in practice, but I look back at camp, and most of the time it was just a "thud" and that was it. We need to ramp it up a bit more with these guys, in a safe manner if that can be done.

I often wonder if our offense or if our defense challenges each other in practice enough when they go first team offense against first team defense. What we see in games, it looks like we're lost and have never practiced, please give your thoughts on this topic, I know you have them!!!
Yeah, it does look like they skip practices!! I wonder if they truly look at game film because, you're right, they seem to make the same mistakes. I mean, I thought that was what reviewing game film was all about....pointing out what went wrong and how to correct it. But, it just doesn't seem that is happening. And if it is, then we have some dumb football IQ players!!

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan

I often wonder what you do at work....other than start threads all day.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
That has nothing to do with the current situation. That QB is not starting. Whoever we would've drafted with that 4th would likely not have improved the situation we are in currently.
Shhh...it makes him feel better to be a grump....why else would he call himself AZZ.... lol

32BellyOption

Reaction score
It’s almost as if the Jones boys set the team up to fail knowing their coach is a lame duck. And McCarthy knowing this is pissed and is just collecting a pay check. If McCarthy isn’t their guy they should have moved on in the off season but Jethro doesn’t like paying coaches not to coach so instead they decided to waste a season. Damn shame for fans spending all that money to attend games for an inferior product.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
My thoughts, thoughts are, since we were asked.
The players and coaches sit around a camp fire, and give their thoughts of what is being said on the CowboysZone.
Then they have a good laugh as they roast hot dogs and marsh mellows.

Then they go over the game plan, and practice.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
If you play on Game Day how you practice during the week, they must not work on getting rid of the penalty problem.
I was just thinking of that line, you play the way you practice, it shows pretty well Haze!! Penalties have been an issue for how long, do they even care???