I often wonder what the Cowboys do at practice?

TequilaCowboy

Reaction score
I have no idea what they practice because they come out looking ill prepared and clueless. Like they are seeing their opponent for the first time. And always making the same mistakes coupled with the same excuses. Who knows if they even have a proper game plan. Just idiotic from top to bottom.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
It’s almost as if the Jones boys set the team up to fail knowing their coach is a lame duck. And McCarthy knowing this is pissed and is just collecting a pay check. If McCarthy isn’t their guy they should have moved on in the off season but Jethro doesn’t like paying coaches not to coach so instead they decided to waste a season. Damn shame for fans spending all that money to attend games for an inferior product.
PSL owners should sue jones for that inferior product.
I think they would have a case this season.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Starts at the top.
If I was GM, I'd call the coaching staff together and inform them if they commit more than 7 penalties a game for three games they're all fired.
Discipline should have started in OTAs, then TC, and continue every week..
NO CONSEQUENCES BREEDS NO DISCIPLINE

DandyDon52

Reaction score
it has to be the coaching, lol
otherwise how do other teams do so much better in this area than the ol cowboys ??????
They all have to follow the same rules from cba.

I wonder why the players dont protest some of these cba rules.

cowboyed

Reaction score
Starts at the top.
If I was GM, I'd call the coaching staff together and inform them if they commit more than 7 penalties a game for three games they're all fired.
Discipline should have started in OTAs, then TC, and continue every week..
NO CONSEQUENCES BREEDS NO DISCIPLINE
If it were only that simple, considering replacement coaches are not a dime a dozen especially if you want to match the schemes ingrained in players on both sides of the ball. No one would want to coach for this organization. You would not have the time to even transition considering you are scheduled to play at least week to week.

starfan1

Reaction score
I don’t know what they do but I can guess what they don’t do and that’s practice tackling fundamentals

Our tackling continues to be an issue along with pre snap issues

Birch_Wood

Reaction score
Maybe they equate penalties with Superbowl. They figure this must the tendencies of a Superbowl team.

Blue64

Reaction score
You can thank McCarthy. You know, the one who should be fired. Epic fail.
It’s time to stop blaming the coaches and remember Jerrah pulls the strings.

He signs the players to mega contracts and most don’t even produce, why then practice and risk getting hurt. Jerry will do what he wants when he wants and no HC is going to tell him otherwise.
The last HC to put his foot down was jimmy and we know how that ended

Loso86

Reaction score
Is it just install for the offense and defense/practice drills, or do they actually go over the mistakes they make during the games. I know film study is vital, but I often wonder if it's being taken seriously by everyone. It doesn't seem like they practice hard enough on fixing mental mistakes (penalties), blocking, and tackling too well. We go into games and see the same mistakes over and over. There's rules to how much and what you can do in practice, but I look back at camp, and most of the time it was just a "thud" and that was it. We need to ramp it up a bit more with these guys, in a safe manner if that can be done.

I often wonder if our offense or if our defense challenges each other in practice enough when they go first team offense against first team defense. What we see in games, it looks like we're lost and have never practiced, please give your thoughts on this topic, I know you have them!!!
It's not secret EVERYTHING is open to the public

LysleE

Reaction score
I imagine the team sits in a school circle and Jerry plays films of the Cowboys’ past Super Bowl victories while telling them they are relevant; they are champions; and that they are “America’s Team”…then the team sits down to some milk and cookies…their reward for a rigorous day.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
It's not secret EVERYTHING is open to the public
no it's not there's practices where the media isn't allowed, this is when we typically install the game plan for the week. I don't know why anyone can't see it, it's nothing to be secretive about, dive up the middle, dive dive, short pass to the TE/Curl routes that's it!!

Cowboys5217

Reaction score
If you play on Game Day how you practice during the week, they must not work on getting rid of the penalty problem.
Mysteriously, penalties were never a problem for McCarthy's GB teams. We won't get rid of the penalty problem until the NFL gets rid of the ref culture problem.