I ran Daks's numbers again

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Stats just aren’t the most relevant data in the “Dak debate.” He is heading into his 7th year in the NFL and he is paid as a top 3 QB.

The ROI is terrible to this point. He is 1-3 in the playoffs. Slow starts, flat play, inconsistent production… when he finds himself in the biggest moments, he has NOT delivered what the team has needed from him.

I am pulling for the guy and hope he turns it around— but right now, he looks and produces like an average QB in the big games.

And yes— coaches have sucked. The RBs have sucked. The OL has sucked. And the defense has sucked. Yep, yep, and yep… this team folds like a wet cardboard box in critical moments… and Dak is right there folding up shop with the best of em.

I am a Dak supporter and 100 percent agree with this post. The Cowboys as a whole have failed to show up in big moments, but the time has come (or has already passed) for Dak to rise up and perform above and beyond the level of his teammates. When this team is at it's best, so is Dak. But he needs to dig a little deeper and pull his team out of it's funk when needed instead of staying down there with them.

I stand by my belief that 14 penalties and horrible line play were too much for Prescott or any QB to overcome, but I'm also not going to sit here and pretend Dak played a great game either. I am also rooting for him to put it all together someday and all we can do is hope that next year is our year.............again.

blueblood70

Reaction score
maybe not. But dak
Can’t read defenses
Can’t hit wide open swing routes to RBs (two Zeke drops)
Doesn’t know time management
Doesn’t know proper QB sliding technique
Poor pocket awareness
Poor footwork
says you lmao

weve seen him do that 100s of times but all you remember is then 10 where he had a poor throw like EVERY QB on the planet., using the word cant, destroys your opinion as it doesn't offer debates is the word at times , or sometimes or specific series etc a specific play but Dak has made all the throws at times and regardless of troll feedback while it wasn't a perfect season it was a very successful season with dismastments and setbacks. like about 28-30 other teams will be sitting and finding areas of improvement wit the TEAM next year.

SF won despite JG horrible second half check te numbers dak outplayed JG even if it wasn't perfect, we have NO run game , Poor OL play, too many penalties and for sure the first half the defense was barely resistant not even takig into account that odd sunlight play etc. it was an off game for the TEAM including coaches play calls etc yet all that and we lost by 6 on a crazy ending.

says clean up the mistakes even by 40% and we win that game. this wasn't on Dak if it were id be sitting here saying it was,

check out the 2nd half stats of the winning QB - Jimmy G's 2nd half stats were 5 of 11 for 39 yards and int. wow odd they still won , ironic how TEAM play wins vs signaling out one player. they had run game and didnt make the number of mistakes we did.

its quite obvious but most here finds player or coach to create narrative and stick with it, sorry that's not having a mature debate,. Thats just troll talk,.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Ok so you have established that Dak didn’t do a lot of things, well what did he do? I’ll wait for your answer….
he was at a DISCTINCT DISADVANTAGE BUT YOU ARENT WANTING TO ADMIT IT,..he didn't have many opportunities to do much, that fact

weve Dak him play well 100s of times but all you remember is then 10 where he had a poor throw like EVERY QB on the planet., using the word cant, destroys your opinion as it doesn't offer debates is the word at times , or sometimes or specific series etc a specific play but Dak has made all the throws at times and regardless of troll feedback while it wasn't a perfect season it was a very successful season with dismastments and setbacks. like about 28-30 other teams will be sitting and finding areas of improvement wit the TEAM next year.

SF won despite JG horrible second half check te numbers dak outplayed JG even if it wasn't perfect, we have NO run game , Poor OL play, too many penalties and for sure the first half the defense was barely resistant not even takig into account that odd sunlight play etc. it was an off game for the TEAM including coaches play calls etc yet all that and we lost by 6 on a crazy ending.

says clean up the mistakes even by 40% and we win that game. this wasn't on Dak if it were id be sitting here saying it was,

check out the 2nd half stats of the winning QB - Jimmy G's 2nd half stats were 5 of 11 for 39 yards and int. wow odd they still won , ironic how TEAM play wins vs signaling out one player. they had run game and didnt make the number of mistakes we did.

its quite obvious but most here finds player or coach to create narrative and stick with it, sorry that's not having a mature debate,. Thats just troll talk,.

Vagabond

Reaction score
Here it is: NFC East v. the rest of the schedule. Again, take what you want from them.

9SExk4D.jpg
Meaningless nonsense. The guy is mediocre at best. The $40,000,000 heist.

lukin2006

Reaction score
Stats don’t matter unless your a cowboy fan or Jerry Jones…all that matters is winning.

blueblood70

Reaction score
That’s like the grades of our individual O-Linemen. They grade high. But as a unit they stunk the place up.

They rushed 4 Sunday and he ran for his life. You have a OC that refuses to call outside or off tackle runs and abandons it and calls pass after pass that made us look like the #1 Offense by stat. But stuff the 5 up the gut runs he calls and all a good team has to do is drop in coverage. Our O-Line has us using 2 of our O-Linemen blocking 1 rusher. No wonder we can’t block 4. If he called slants or quick passes he could have made the defense change.
things need somechanges and we have 5 months before a game will even be discussed ie Pre season etc so lets chill out, calm down., and take breather from football and come back once the draft and FA starts and start having some mature debates.,

blueblood70

Reaction score
The rest of the team didn’t hold on to the ball too long, couldn’t read defenses, couldn’t find wide open WRs, threw horrible passes, etc and takes up a huge amount of the salary cap.
team play created that , maybe you dont understands how team play effects individual play. No OL, no run game, play calls didn't match what the defense was bringing etc etc

blueblood70

Reaction score
It is a total organizational ineptitude.But Dak still is not very good,regardless.
he actual id good to great simply not elite but guess what

what are YOU going to do about it? hes here to stay and hes far down on the list of issues starting with the Offensive line, Offensive coordinator, run game and cleaning up penalties, then we can discus dak.

blueblood70

Reaction score
No commiting that many penalties is lazy and bad coaching and execution..Starting 75% of drives behind the chains is a recipe to lose and play bad offense....blaming one player is lazy...again they all sucked including Dak...you want to prop Cooper and Tyrone and Lamb and Tank and all the "Leaders" on this team up then go ahead...but they all failed just as much as Dak and they all need to be reset on another team. Its cool i understand why your here its been the same..you have blinders on and thats fine..
FACTS:hammer:

hes far down on the list of issues starting with the Offensive line, Offensive coordinator, run game and cleaning up penalties, then we can discus dak.

atlantacowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Stats don’t matter unless your a cowboy fan or Jerry Jones…all that matters is winning.

Winning in the playoffs which we aren't doing so we look at stats to figure out why and whose the problem.......... aside from a dysfunctional FO.

bonafidebanter

Reaction score
Try run the numbers to show how many wide open receivers and tight ends he missed on the big stage against the 49ers.

Exactly. I'd show how many times a team has won when they commit 14 penalties and surrender 5 sacks as well. A team record 14 penalties to boot. I bet it would be zero, but no more than 5 for the entire history of the league.

MountaineerCowboy

Reaction score
Oh you played or coached at a high level and you still lack this much knowledge? I bet you took a lot of Ls.
I think me and you should get coaching jobs.

We're clearly much better at player evaluation and seeing what's wrong with this team then some of the "coaches" on here.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
Josh Allen
Division: 5-1
Non Div: 6-5

And these are using all 17 games.

Bigdog

Reaction score
The only number I care about is how many Super Bowls wins does he have and to get to that he needs to win in the playoffs. He is 1-3 in his career in the playoffs. That is not going to cut it.