I ran Daks's numbers again

Creeper

Reaction score
Hard to do when he's taking 20% of your cap.

Agreed, but it is what it is now. They are stuck with him so they have to make the best of a bad situation for the next few years. Hopefully in 2024, Jerry will not make the same mistake. If Dak holds them up for a ridiculous amount of money in 2024, Jerry should tell him to go become an albatross on someone else's team.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
Too much work. That becomes a game by game thing and you can just go to any of the stat websites and look at it yourself.
oh, understood. I just wanted to see the record of teams we played against...the 5-5 and the 6-0....I can just add it in there.

aikemirv

Reaction score
Try run the numbers to show how many wide open receivers and tight ends he missed on the big stage against the 49ers.
Yep, those are the only numbers that really matter. What did he leave on the table that was simple that he missed. That's the ballgame right there! Whether it was open receivers or times he should have gotten out of the pocket earlier. - it's about making those plays and them not being a negative. Dak is not good enough to be a straight up pocket guy (reading defenses and getting the ball out quickly) and does not have the presence or the mobility to get out of the pocket and make plays consistently.

nobody

Reaction score
Te EVERYONE that is butthurt over the post, chill out.

I wasn't looking for your agreement, but was asked to compare division games against non-division.

I understand there is more to the game, this is just one slice.

It's a misleading slice by a lot. It doesn't take into account his performance against non-trash teams. It doesn't take into account a bunch of things and only really shows that feasting on trash teams ups your totals and makes you look better than you were actually doing, especially in the back half of the season. Something happened to Dak after the injury this season. He was not the same....and he looks scared and lost in the playoff game.

The stats? They're a fantasy football metric at best.

Hopefully the offense gets fixed and hopefully Dak fixes whatever is wrong in his head that contributed to this mess..... because before this season's injury he was very good.

MoistMayonnaise

Devil's Advocate
Reaction score
It's a misleading slice by a lot. It doesn't take into account his performance against non-trash teams. It doesn't take into account a bunch of things and only really shows that feasting on trash teams ups your totals and makes you look better than you were actually doing, especially in the back half of the season. Something happened to Dak after the injury this season. He was not the same....and he looks scared and lost in the playoff game.

The stats? They're a fantasy football metric at best.

Hopefully the offense gets fixed and hopefully Dak fixes whatever is wrong in his head that contributed to this mess..... because before this season's injury he was very good.

It wasn't meant to take into account any of the things you mentioned. And it's not misleading, they are just numbers.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
I think we now know what Dak is and unfortunately it took too long to figure it out. Since he is under contract and impossible to cut or trade they need to build something around him.

What has to happen now is they need to retool the team to run the football and stop the run. Dak will have to revert to what he was in 2016 when he threw for a little over 200 yards per game. I think the defense is really close. They have some free agents they need to sign, like Kearse, Malik Hooker, and Gregory, then add a run stuffing DT. Maybe that will be Gallimore.

On offense, they need to fix the LG spot and get an OC that knows how to run the football effectively. I think they can get away with the rest of the OL if they have to. Then they need to commit to Pollard and maybe draft another RB with speed and power in the 3rd or 4th round. I think they should develop Ralston as a FB, or draft someone else, and run the ball with a lead blocker who can also carry the ball or go out for a pass.

Let Dak become more of a game manager who does not have to take the team on his shoulders, a burden he has proven he cannot manage.
I agree , but then ask yourself why did they drift away from strong run team to begin with??
Jerry likes passing and long pass plays, so do fans.
Jones boys are insane.so you cant make sense of what they do or dont do.

The best 2 teams of the last decade were the 2014 and 2016 teams, which were a run heavy offense, and pass less and usually under 200 yds.
They had great success, even though their defense sucked.

This past season they had 2 games where they went run heavy, and won convincingly, then they went back to the pass heavy offense .....why??

Well to me the why is Jones boys being insane and like the pass heavy, and MM and kellen also prefer to pass and please their masters lol.
Also MM and kellen are both kinda dumb especially when it comes to the run game.

They do like to run when there is 14 seconds left in game though ! :rolleyes:

bigE79

Reaction score
Here it is: NFC East v. the rest of the schedule. Again, take what you want from them.

9SExk4D.jpg
Bum...that's all I got.

The Quest for Six

Reaction score
I also ran Dak's numbers and concluded he's a bus driver quarterback with loaded weaponry around him and still couldn't get it done!!

Creeper

Reaction score
I agree , but then ask yourself why did they drift away from strong run team to begin with??
Jerry likes passing and long pass plays, so do fans.
Jones boys are insane.so you cant make sense of what they do or dont do.

The best 2 teams of the last decade were the 2014 and 2016 teams, which were a run heavy offense, and pass less and usually under 200 yds.
They had great success, even though their defense sucked.

This past season they had 2 games where they went run heavy, and won convincingly, then they went back to the pass heavy offense .....why??

Well to me the why is Jones boys being insane and like the pass heavy, and MM and kellen also prefer to pass and please their masters lol.
Also MM and kellen are both kinda dumb especially when it comes to the run game.

They do like to run when there is 14 seconds left in game though ! :rolleyes:

I like long pass plays too, but the Cowboys don't do much of that anymore either.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Here it is: NFC East v. the rest of the schedule. Again, take what you want from them.

9SExk4D.jpg
I think YPA stands out the most. One of the things you see (or dont see) against good teams is that we either dont or unable to attack downfield

Kwmike22

Reaction score

9SExk4D.jpg
Can you tell me how long he held the ball for on passing attempts in the San Fran game? Everyone is wanting to blame the OL but really would like to know. I thought he was indecisive and was not playing fast.

MoistMayonnaise

Devil's Advocate
Reaction score
Can you tell me how long he held the ball for on passing attempts in the San Fran game? Everyone is wanting to blame the OL but really would like to know. I thought he was indecisive and was not playing fast.

A long time, too long.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I don’t think numbers matter when it comes to our QB.

Whether his numbers are good or bad all you need to know is the guy goes into a shell when the going gets tough and we need his arm to win us football games.

Like Jimmy G, you can win games with Dak types as long as the run game is strong and explosive. But don’t ask this type of QB to win you games even when paying them 40 million a year.

He’s not that kind of QB.
You had me at I don't think

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Does it upset you how right I am and how wrong you are all the time? Now you’re upset.. Sad.
No... cuz you probably never played ot coached at a high level....just a typical fan... nothing wrong with that

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
No... cuz you probably never played ot coached at a high level....just a typical fan... nothing wrong with that

Oh you played or coached at a high level and you still lack this much knowledge? I bet you took a lot of Ls.