I Really Don't Get All The Negativity

Flamma

Reaction score
I'm not sure what's going on with this fan base, but after our week one loss to Carolina in 2018 we were a lot more upbeat. Compliments were passed around like Patty at a frat party. Everyone was excited about week 2.

817Gill

Reaction score
I learned years ago not to come to this board after a loss.

(Why yes, I still do it sometimes).
For some reason this place just has me comin back lol. Every now and again you’ll get two posters who hijack a thread and get into a personal argument. One time I started a thread and two guys went on about mortgages for like 3 pages lol, I live for those threads
:laugh:

blueblood70

Reaction score
I really don't get it. One week into the new regime in a season with a no OTAs, mini-camps or preseason and everyone is acting like the season is over. I rarely even go on the Zone anymore because all of the threads are doom and gloom. I understand that we've had 25 years of mediocrity and that we have an owner that can be an ******* and rub people the wrong way but, jesus, this is a new era with a new coach. And the people that are way down on Dak really sucks. I don't know if he's a 40 million dollar QB but I know that he has won alot of games for us and has a unique skillset and I'm glad that he has McCarthy to lead him to be even better. If Garrett was still the coach, I would be just as negative as the rest of ya but he isn't. When the Cowboys beat Atlanta at home and then go to Seattle and win there, there's gonna be alot of broken ankles from the people spreading the negativity right now. I thought Eagles fans really sucked but you people take it to a new level. Go Cowboys!!!
amen lets be more upbeat, worst reaction ever to a 3point loss on the road, after no offseason, and some odd factors happened in game and rash pof injuries'

Oz-of-Cowboy-Country

Reaction score
We replaced almost the whole entire coaching staff and we still looked the same. So us losing to the Rams is like, the starter going out on your pick-up truck two days after you've just replaced it.

Frustration will kick in.

DFWJC

Reaction score
The last time Dallas had a losing season when the starting QB played in at least half of the games was in 2004 with Vinny Testaverde.

Right now, my hope is that this year does not break that 15-year streak.

.500 is a low bar, so hopefully, they're much better than that. But I'll start there.
Trying to remain optimistic.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Doubtful. As some of us pointed out, it doesn't matter how talented the talent is, or who the head coach is, the on constant is Jerrah. In the age of mediocrity, we went through several coaches, losing games by a touchdown or a field goal too. I think with the Carrot top Puppet here we still would've lost a close game, because that is what we do.
accept he beat the rams 40-21 last season..premise just got exploded..Only lost by 8 in playoff game on the road to the same rams team, that game 1 sure reminded of that game and garetts not here to blame..Garett was 2-2 against the rams with Mcvay..so lets stop the bs already.

might be tie to turn the blame to one KM who is the constant.....left over for 19 :)

blueblood70

Reaction score
If Garrett was still coach, Dallas should have lost to the Rams 35-13
accept he beat the rams 40-21 last season..premise just got exploded..Only lost by 8 in playoff game on the road to the same rams team, that game 1 sure reminded of that game and garetts not here to blame..Garett was 2-2 against the rams with Mcvay..so lets stop the bs already.

might be tie to turn the blame to one KM who is the constant.....left over for 19 :)

CWR

Reaction score
I really don't get it. One week into the new regime in a season with a no OTAs, mini-camps or preseason and everyone is acting like the season is over. I rarely even go on the Zone anymore because all of the threads are doom and gloom. I understand that we've had 25 years of mediocrity and that we have an owner that can be an ******* and rub people the wrong way but, jesus, this is a new era with a new coach. And the people that are way down on Dak really sucks. I don't know if he's a 40 million dollar QB but I know that he has won alot of games for us and has a unique skillset and I'm glad that he has McCarthy to lead him to be even better. If Garrett was still the coach, I would be just as negative as the rest of ya but he isn't. When the Cowboys beat Atlanta at home and then go to Seattle and win there, there's gonna be alot of broken ankles from the people spreading the negativity right now. I thought Eagles fans really sucked but you people take it to a new level. Go Cowboys!!!
:hammer::dance:

CWR

Reaction score

We all knew this was the season the players were no longer going to be shielded from the fan base by poor coaching. Its past time to perform and the bad coaching excuse has gone stale.

buybuydandavis

Reaction score

Lots of the guys we were counting on had bad games. Lots of guys got hurt. Add to that lackluster playcalling on offense.

blueblood70

Reaction score
We all knew this was the season the players were no longer going to be shielded from the fan base by poor coaching. Its past time to perform and the bad coaching excuse has gone stale.
ive been saying that for years, stop putting the blame on Coaches who dont miss tackles, fumble, throw ints, miss blocks, cant cover, and so on and so forth..

what we can blame is MM or KM for not kicking the game tieing FG and some conservatives calls and the refs for making PI and OPI hard to figure out..i watched the TNF game and i saw a wrs get his shirt ripped out, tugged and no OPI..i mean a handful of jersey with a tug is not PI? year after year they are so inconsistent its why we did need to be able to use replay for this yet they purposefully ignored a rule to get it thrown out yet after week one still horrible at calling them consistently,..

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
I learned years ago not to come to this board after a loss.

(Why yes, I still do it sometimes).

I don't blame you. I usually come here on the 2nd or 3rd day after a loss but avoid it right afterwards. Pandemonium always ensues.

Kaiser

Reaction score
For some reason this place just has me comin back lol. Every now and again you’ll get two posters who hijack a thread and get into a personal argument. One time I started a thread and two guys went on about mortgages for like 3 pages lol, I live for those threads
:laugh:

He started it!!

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score

Can't disagree with you on Moore but that wasn't a McCarthy called game, that was a Garrett like game and let's not act like he hasn't got blown out

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
If you like the way the fat man is running this team only to lose then you go right ahead and worship at his fat feet. But don't expect others to do the same. Losing is for losers and we've seen plenty of that without the fat man. I could have coached this team with those results. There is no hope just because we have a new coach. He lost that game for us. Dak played good enough to win but it's hard to outplay bad coaching.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Can't disagree with you on Moore but that wasn't a McCarthy called game, that was a Garrett like game and let's not act like he hasn't got blown out
all coaches get blown out a few times in their career it happens..if you look close at the last few years weve lost more one score games then anyone in the league, thats the issue, not closing games, not coming back from halftime deficits or blowing leads late..I am Hoping this is what MM can change. after game one still lost a 3 point game..

15 more to prove its not more of the same..

blueblood70

Reaction score
If you like the way the fat man is running this team only to lose then you go right ahead and worship at his fat feet. But don't expect others to do the same. Losing is for losers and we've seen plenty of that without the fat man. I could have coached this team with those results. There is no hope just because we have a new coach. He lost that game for us. Dak played good enough to win but it's hard to outplay bad coaching.
um they lay 16 games that the job at hand and its about law of averages, a complete season would be needed to make these judgements..after one 3 point loss its ignorant to make such ridiculous statements..

its why many spots have best of 7 and best of 5 playoff serious, law of averages.. you play them all and find out whos standing..

we were 3-5 season was over board sounded like this ready for top 3 pick and BAM 7-2 down the stretch beat Seatle got to second round.

again stop being ridiculous.. jeez

MM get to have 16 with this new staff and new team to him with no offseason and rash of injuries, its facts let the season play out FULLY!