I really wanted a safety at 58

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Not sure how S is less of a need than CB.

People seriously overrate our safeties. It’s weird.

People who run the team haven't been freaking out over the safety position like some fans. It should be obvious at this point, yet each year we go through the early round safety wish list then are shocked when the team goes in a different direction.

ChronicCowboy

Reaction score
IMO Rapp was the target if Hill was gone. Thornhill and Adderley are free safeties. Xavier Woods played great at free safety last season. Rapp is a true strong safety but I’m not sure he beats out Heath or Iloka this season, especially with his hip issue.

HungryLion

Reaction score
Check out their bond.

Rod and Hill have had multiple dinners, kept in constant contact and was the exact reason we reached a little on him. He was going to be the pick ever since March

That only proves the kid can suck up when his desire is to get himself drafted as soon as possible.

There may be a bond, but going to dinners together means nothing than when the going gets tough.

WillieBeamen

BoysfanfromNY
Reaction score
IMO Rapp was the target if Hill was gone. Thornhill and Adderley are free safeties. Xavier Woods played great at free safety last season. Rapp is a true strong safety but I’m not sure he beats out Heath or Iloka this season, especially with his hip issue.
Jerry literally said it was between Thornhill and Hill

BigCatMonaco

Reaction score

From what I’ve gathered it was between Thornhill and hill but with the 3T taking precedent in this scheme they went hill.

ItzKelz

Reaction score
But the only other position we’ve always clamored for is a big ol DT. And we got one. It stings because of the specific safeties that were there, especially guys we didn’t believe would be available but I’m warming up.
Kinda says something about how other teams view them as well.

Proof

Reaction score
Kinda says something about how other teams view them as well.

No one thought Allen would be there at 7, Oliver at 9, Haskins at 15, metcalf at 60 greedy where he went etc etc. it happens

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score

If we were smart..which is up for debate..we would WANT a better FS. Woods played good..not great. Think how it would benefit the team if we had an even better.coverage safety AND Woods coverage and tackling skill set the other safety spot.

There really is no FS SS anymore anyway. You need two safeties who can be interchangeable and can both cover. We had two great picks fall to us..they were BPA guys at a position of need..and we dropped the ball imo.

Hope Hill is a playmaker and a force.