I saw a signed Bobby Carpenter Jersey in a restaurant

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
I was in a BBQ restaurant in Newport News, Virginia yesterday with the family. When I got up to go to the bathroom, I saw in the corner a signed and framed Bobby Carpenter jersey. It was the biggest "what the hell?" moment I've had in a while. I can only hope that the owner of the restaurant is somehow related to Carpenter. That's the only logical reason I can see for having that questionable piece of wall art around.
You play in the NFL you've accomplished something.

MikeB80

Reaction score
Parcels screwed up Carpenter.

explain this?

How did he screw him up? He was drafted to play the strong side outside linebacker and play the run. His tape and size said he could do that, every analyst had him as a first round player. He played at a power 5 school. He was everything Parcells looked for by his standards.

It just didn't work out. However that same offseason Greg Ellis transitioned from playing end in the 3-4 to playing the solb in the 3-4 opposite ware. Ellis looked excellent doing it early in the year and Al Singleton was a proven backup. Carpenter was caught in a situation where he had to work both inside and outside spots as a backup. Dallas had brought in akin ayodele to start next to Bradie James.

When ellis tore his achilles vs the cardinals halfway through the season carpenter took his snaps. He actually played pretty well the rest of the way at that solb spot.

In 2007 when Wade Phillips was hired they drafted Anthony Spencer to play the SOLB. Wade immediately put carpenter back to ILB.

So please explain how Parcels ruined Carpenter? He was drafted to add depth to the linebacker group and to challenge Ellis at SOLB if he couldn't cut it but Ellis was very good pushing Carpenter back to a role player with limited chance to play.

also. This thread shows why cowboys fans are so terrible. Why is it wrong to have a Bobby Carpenter Signed jersey in a restaurant? How foolish of a position is this? He was an average player who didn't become a superstar and is known as a great guy off the field. Lots of guys do not become superstars in the NFL.

Carpenter played an excellent game in the wild card playoff game vs the eagles in 09. Since so many here love pointing to a certain person's handful of good plays vs the seahawks in the 18 wild card game I am amused by how that is used to prop him up but when a guy like carpenter or bradie james play a great game in the playoffs as they both did vs philly in 09 that is just shrugged aside.

anyway I am always amused by the Parcells hate here. It fits so perfectly with the arrogance of the cowboys fan in general.

GMO415

Reaction score
You should have grabbed your family and headed for the exit, at that point.