I saw Parcells at the driving range today.

dest

Reaction score
I was in Grapevine on business all week, staying at the Gaylord Texan. On Wednesday we had a best ball scramble tournament at the Cowboys Golf Club. The course was amazing, I didn't play all that great, but the course was very cool.

I was leaving for home this afternoon and decided to swing by the pro shop of the golf club to buy a hat. I got to talking to the guy at the desk and asked him which Cowboys played the most, and he said, "Actually Bill is out there right now on the driving range" I walked to the window, and sure enough, there he was on the range right behind the pro shop, hitting balls. I sooooo had to resist the urge to go up and shake his hand, heh. He was off to one side all by himself. I'm sure for the ones in the metroplex, they run in to players often enough, but it was a pleasant surprise to get to watch the coach hit a few. :)

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That clinches it .. Bill was totally against the T.O. signing.

:lmao2:

Reality

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
dest said:
I was in Grapevine on business all week, staying at the Gaylord Texan. On Wednesday we had a best ball scramble tournament at the Cowboys Golf Club. The course was amazing, I didn't play all that great, but the course was very cool.

I was leaving for home this afternoon and decided to swing by the pro shop of the golf club to buy a hat. I got to talking to the guy at the desk and asked him which Cowboys played the most, and he said, "Actually Bill is out there right now on the driving range" I walked to the window, and sure enough, there he was on the range right behind the pro shop, hitting balls. I sooooo had to resist the urge to go up and shake his hand, heh. He was off to one side all by himself. I'm sure for the ones in the metroplex, they run in to players often enough, but it was a pleasant surprise to get to watch the coach hit a few. :)
In all seriousness, that is awesome. I don't know if I could have resisted the urge to at least say hello to him.

Shaun

Reaction score
With the draft coming up, Bill should have been breaking down gamefilm. I can't believe he was wasting time out there.

Just kidding, man. That must have been really cool. You should have tried to shake his hand.

dest

Reaction score
Believe me it was hard. I thought about going out there but I didn't want to walk out the back door of the pro shop, with the two workers standing right there, but as I was walking to the parking lot, I looked behind me, and saw that I could just walk right around the pro shop, out onto the range. I stopped...looked hard, and then just kept walking.

Everybody at the range was on the front tee's on the right side, and he was on the back tee's all the way on the opposite side, with his golf cart between him and everyone else. I though, "ya know, the last thing he probably wants is some fan interupting his nice quiet driving range time just to say hi" It would have been different if he was walking back to the pro shop, or in the parking lot, but I couldn't bring myself to walk all the way across the driving range and interrupt him

Oh and as far as the Gaylord Texan goes, funny name, amazing resort/hotel. Amazing.

TRUTH87

Cowboy for Life
Reaction score
sounds cool tho, how many people dont have the opportunity to see an athlete or coach outside the games n stuff? alot.

calico

Reaction score
Reality said:

I am waiting for ESPN to have a breaking story on this...

:lmao:

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
Reality said:

Guys, Chris Mortensen reported on ESPN:

Bill Parcells was seen at the driving range at the Cowboys Club in Grapevine, TX on Thursday. Sources tell me Bill was picturing TOs head on the tee instead of the golf ball. He was hitting 300 yard drives!! So Stuart, although we really didn't need any other evidence that Bill was against signing TO, this confirms it.

calico

Reaction score
peplaw06 said:
Guys, Chris Mortensen reported on ESPN:

Bill Parcells was seen at the driving range at the Cowboys Club in Grapevine, TX on Thursday. Sources tell me Bill was picturing TOs head on the tee instead of the golf ball. He was hitting 300 yard drives!! So Stuart, although we really didn't need any other evidence that Bill was against signing TO, this confirms it.

Better yet, he had TO targets set every 100 yards and TO was actually driving the ball-collection cart (complete with 24 inch spinners)...causing Bill to burn through 2 buckets in 3 mins while pelting the hell out of the cart...actually hitting TO once.

Jerry ran out with a frozen pile of money and quickly applied it to
TO's welt.

Scotman

Reaction score
Just further proof (for some) that Bill prefers Romo over Henson. :D

ghst187

Reaction score
hope you offered your support and mentioned the "bro" or "manzierre" to him...

CrazyCowboy

Reaction score
You should of went up and said hello!

He is nice to fans when he is not working.......but, don't mess with him on the practice field........he does not like that

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
A simple "Hey Coach" with an extended hand for a handshake is probably the least I would have done.

I am only that way with some Cowboys players. I snubb movie stars :lmao2:

Yeagermeister

Reaction score
You should have walked up to him and said What's up Parcells....then waited to see if he'd have a Bobby Knight reaction :D