I saw Parcells at the driving range today.

RCowboyFan

Reaction score
Irving Cowboy said:
If you had ever seen that place... that's what you would be saying... "WOW". The place is beautiful.

Yes it is. Its kind of like Mini-City right in one building almost.

BARRYRAY

Reaction score
Well you blew your chance to please ask him not to wear that ugly blue Cowboy sweatshirt, it makes him look seriously fat, you guys in merchandising have got to get him some fashion help, man you missed your shot to meet the man....

Chief

"Friggin Joke Monkey"
Reaction score
Irving Cowboy said:
If you had ever seen that place... that's what you would be saying... "WOW". The place is beautiful.

But the name ..... :laugh2:

I assume they have banquets in the "Brokeback Room."

RCowboyFan

Reaction score
Chief said:
But the name ..... :laugh2:

I assume they have banquets in the "Brokeback Room."

Actually they have a chain of those all over US I believe. Not sure if they all start with Gaylord's name :D

pancakeman

Reaction score
Sometimes this board is like a real-life Beavis and Butthead show...:rolleyes:

Pabst

Reaction score
I think I would have been a bit scared to ask to shake his hand too!

BP is an intimidating guy... I remember him hushing the crowd with one stare during TC in San Antonio. Was great.

Jimz31

The Sarcastic One
Reaction score
I probably would have gone out and hit some practice balls as well....but I doubt that I would draw any attention to him....Sometimes these guys just appreciate being able to go out without somebody always saying something to them.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
I saw Parcells getting a table dance last Friday night. It wasn't pretty.

Alexander

What's it going to be then, eh?
Reaction score
Jimz31 said:
Were you giving it to him? ;) :D

If I gave him a table dance, we would need a new head coach because he would keel over.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
dest said:
Believe me it was hard. I thought about going out there but I didn't want to walk out the back door of the pro shop, with the two workers standing right there, but as I was walking to the parking lot, I looked behind me, and saw that I could just walk right around the pro shop, out onto the range. I stopped...looked hard, and then just kept walking.

Everybody at the range was on the front tee's on the right side, and he was on the back tee's all the way on the opposite side, with his golf cart between him and everyone else. I though, "ya know, the last thing he probably wants is some fan interupting his nice quiet driving range time just to say hi" It would have been different if he was walking back to the pro shop, or in the parking lot, but I couldn't bring myself to walk all the way across the driving range and interrupt him

Oh and as far as the Gaylord Texan goes, funny name, amazing resort/hotel. Amazing.

man, if Parcells heard your version of events on that day, I'm sure he'd be inclined to meet you personally, that was a very kind gesture of you man, but hey, at least you got to see him kinda up-close

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
peplaw06 said:
Guys, Chris Mortensen reported on ESPN:

Bill Parcells was seen at the driving range at the Cowboys Club in Grapevine, TX on Thursday. Sources tell me Bill was picturing TOs head on the tee instead of the golf ball. He was hitting 300 yard drives!! So Stuart, although we really didn't need any other evidence that Bill was against signing TO, this confirms it.

:laugh1: :laugh2: :lmao2: :bow:

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Yeagermeister said:
You should have walked up to him and said What's up Parcells....then waited to see if he'd have a Bobby Knight reaction :D

or started a fight right next to him and see if he'd intercede :)

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Jimz31 said:
I probably would have gone out and hit some practice balls as well....but I doubt that I would draw any attention to him....Sometimes these guys just appreciate being able to go out without somebody always saying something to them.

haha, keep hitting your balls on his side of the fairway :laugh2:

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
Jimz31 said:

I agree... I probably wouldn't say anything. But you know that someone did. Some people can't help it, even though I'm sure he'd rather not be bothered.