I should have stopped looking while I was ahead

Dracula

Reaction score
Why can't we be contenders?

Qb's and non qb's are getting injured all over the league.

The cowboys put up 30+ points yesterday, and it didn't even look that smooth. What if Dalton and these really good skill positions figure it out in the next 6 games? What if they figure out how to put 30+ on any defense. What if they stay balanced with the run and pass, and start controlling the clock.

Special teams is starting to play well. The defense has been making improvements.

You don't pass on playoff runs, no matter how small you think the chances are
With posts like that, you are just begging for the Gods of the board to smite you with lightning bolts from the God only suite of Mount Cowboy. Good luck

starfan1

Reaction score
Why can't we be contenders?

Qb's and non qb's are getting injured all over the league.

The cowboys put up 30+ points yesterday, and it didn't even look that smooth. What if Dalton and these really good skill positions figure it out in the next 6 games? What if they figure out how to put 30+ on any defense. What if they stay balanced with the run and pass, and start controlling the clock.

Special teams is starting to play well. The defense has been making improvements.

You don't pass on playoff runs, no matter how small you think the chances are
if I could like this 10 times i would. Good post

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
Nope, I was taking my nap. The highlights showed him in and I mentioned it. I never suggested anything else. The Gods of the message board graced me with an answer. Puny Gods.

It’s all good Vlad. You were off on a couple of things in your post and a few people on here mentioned it (some discourteously), that’s all. No need to impale them.

The Gods know we’ve all been wrong in here before.

And the Vikes aren’t as bad as their record indicates. Their offense is legit and that run game might be the best in the league. The Dallas defense had to play pretty well to win that game. However, the Minnesota defense isn’t what it used to be, so I’d take the Cowboys offensive production with that grain of salt.

And I forgot that you nap while the sun is up. My bad.

DallasEast

Cowboys 24/7/365
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
With posts like that, you are just begging for the Gods of the board to smite you with lightning bolts from the God only suite of Mount Cowboy. Good luck
Smiting is dangerous. Once someone starts they become drunk with power! You think "Oh yeah! I can smite anybody!" Then you try smiting your wife and she backhands the spit out of your mouth.

Yeah. Smiting is dangerous. :(

Dracula

Reaction score
It’s all good Vlad. You were off on a couple of things in your post and a few people on here mentioned it (some discourteously), that’s all. No need to impale them.

The Gods know we’ve all been wrong in here before.

And the Vikes aren’t as bad as their record indicates. Their offense is legit and that run game might be the best in the league. The Dallas defense had to play pretty well to win that game. However, the Minnesota defense isn’t what it used to be, so I’d take the Cowboys offensive production with that grain of salt.

And I forgot that you nap while the sun is up. My bad.
Vlad Dracula or Vlad the Impaler. That's my name and that's what I do for a hobby. Thank you for the kind words.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Watching the highlights because I really didn't see any point in wasting game time nap time, I thought the Dallas O looked like a pro team both rushing and passing. I tallied up the o-line and noticed that Martin was at RG and Steele was at RT. Then, McGovern was at RG and Martin had been moved out to RT, which stayed that way, for most of the game. This combination seemed to be working with Elliot and Pollard making some nice runs.
Then I fell into the optimistic trap again. Maybe, they found the right OL combo, the rushes were coming, Dalton was throwing darts, and the division standings were still uggggggly. Then I got greedy and looked up the Vikings record. Dallas, at 2-7, had just beat a team that went into the game standing at 3-6. A team, that defensively, leaked, at a rate slightly less then the Cowboys Titanic. Still, a win is a win and the division is still ugggggly.
looking ahead, the Cowboys have 6 games left. This part of the schedule is so weak and weaker still with the unfortunate injury to Joe Burrow, that, realistically, the Cowboys could go 5-1 and win the division.
Just when you think you have gotten out, yada, yada, yada.
You lost me when you said you didn't bother watching the game. Why would you even bother commenting??? Go take another nap.

garyo1954

Reaction score
It's Dracula. Let it go.

the-count-sesame-street-laughing-gif.gif

Creeper

Reaction score
The Cowboys have still given up more points than any team in the league. They have even given up more than the Jets. The way they allow points to be scored, there are no many teams who will not be in the game against Dallas.

Dracula

Reaction score
Maybe he dreamed it during his nap! Lol
If you had spent just a little time reading the thread, you would see that Steele, for whatever reason and for however brief of a period did enter the game. I noticed him during the highlights and just made the observation that he was in and then noted, that for the bulk of the game, McGovern and Martin were in. I never suggested he played a little or a lot just he was there. The Gods of Mount Cowboy made a big deal about it until they realize he had been in.

blueblood70

Reaction score
He didn’t and the Vikings were 4-5 before the game yesterday. OP didn’t do his research.

on a 3 game win streak and were hot as they say..so throw the records out IMO we beat a good team on the road with our backup qb and a lot of backups on the OL, missing Diggs etc

thats perspective..

OP doesnt watch the game and wants to be a critic..like looking over movie reviews and the trailer, then saying it stunk without watching ..lol..

Dracula

Reaction score
Pretty typical answer for a wannabe fan. Go back to sleep!
I'm not a wannabe. I am now a casual fan, who chooses to avoid another broken heart. I'm a multiple broken hearted fan, who has learned, that the Jones's empire will break your heart over and over like they have done for the last 25 years or so.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If you had spent just a little time reading the thread, you would see that Steele, for whatever reason and for however brief of a period did enter the game. I noticed him during the highlights and just made the observation that he was in and then noted, that for the bulk of the game, McGovern and Martin were in. I never suggested he played a little or a lot just he was there. The Gods of Mount Cowboy made a big deal about it until they realize he had been in.
Like I said before, I didn't bother reading it when I saw that you hadn't bothered to watch to game.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm not a wannabe. I am now a casual fan, who chooses to avoid another broken heart. I'm a multiple broken hearted fan, who has learned, that the Jones's empire will break your heart over and over like they have done for the last 25 years or so.
Good for you. Join the rest of the tankers.

Dracula

Reaction score
on a 3 game win streak and were hot as they say..so throw the records out IMO we beat a good team on the road with our backup qb and a lot of backups on the OL, missing Diggs etc

thats perspective..

OP doesnt watch the game and wants to be a critic..like looking over movie reviews and the trailer, then saying it stunk without watching ..lol..
Exactly, but why watch the trailer? The score, the highlights, the stats, and the standings are readily available and rather quickly. Why waste hours watching Washington destroy Dallas, 25-3, Philly rip them, 23-9, or Kyler Murray embarrass Dallas, in Dallas, 38-10, and then twist the knife by nearly outrushing the entire Dallas backfield?
I bet I enjoyed my time better than you did.