I should have stopped looking while I was ahead

CWR

Reaction score
Watching the highlights because I really didn't see any point in wasting game time nap time, I thought the Dallas O looked like a pro team both rushing and passing. I tallied up the o-line and noticed that Martin was at RG and Steele was at RT. Then, McGovern was at RG and Martin had been moved out to RT, which stayed that way, for most of the game. This combination seemed to be working with Elliot and Pollard making some nice runs.
Then I fell into the optimistic trap again. Maybe, they found the right OL combo, the rushes were coming, Dalton was throwing darts, and the division standings were still uggggggly. Then I got greedy and looked up the Vikings record. Dallas, at 2-7, had just beat a team that went into the game standing at 3-6. A team, that defensively, leaked, at a rate slightly less then the Cowboys Titanic. Still, a win is a win and the division is still ugggggly.
looking ahead, the Cowboys have 6 games left. This part of the schedule is so weak and weaker still with the unfortunate injury to Joe Burrow, that, realistically, the Cowboys could go 5-1 and win the division.
Just when you think you have gotten out, yada, yada, yada.

You're off on at least a couple things here hoss.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Yep.. Which is the worst thing that could happen for this teams future.

Denucci should be in at QB.

It's going to be a long time before we compete for a ring. We'll provide a lot of false hope and mediocrity though.
Why would you start DInucci when he's clearly not ready? Why are you ruining his career to push your "tanking" agenda?

Reactions: CWR

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Why would you start DInucci when he's clearly not ready? Why are you ruining his career to push your "tanking" agenda?

Because he’ll never be ready and you have a shot to draft a franchise changing player and win rings.

Your reason for not playing him is very country club.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
Because he’ll never be ready and you have a shot to draft a franchise changing player and win rings.

Your reason for not playing him is very country club.
And you're reasoning makes no sense. What do you mean he'll never be ready? Because he's not ready now? You don't know what he will become.

And using your logic why don't the Browns and Jaguars have rings since they pick in the top 5 every year?

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Even though teams like the Steelers and Chiefs might make it look otherwise, winning games in the NFL is difficult. VERY difficult.

That's why I am optimistic after Dallas' win over the Vikings; who (no matter what the stats say) were good enough to beat the Packers a few weeks ago. The talent level among all 32 teams is much, much closer than the average fan realizes. The difference between the 10-0 and 9-1 teams and the ones in the NFC East comes down to coaching; injuries, scheme; and even luck.

Early in his career, Sean Lee said something I will never forget. He said "In the NFL there are no bad teams, but there are teams with bad records".

So enjoy any win. Because they are all quality victories no matter what numbers, ESPN, PFF, or anybody else wants to brainwash people into thinking.

GimmeTheBall!

Junior College Transfer
Reaction score
Yep.. Which is the worst thing that could happen for this teams future.

Denucci should be in at QB.

It's going to be a long time before we compete for a ring. We'll provide a lot of false hope and mediocrity though.
Very true, matey.
Harsh, but true.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Exactly, but why watch the trailer? The score, the highlights, the stats, and the standings are readily available and rather quickly. Why waste hours watching Washington destroy Dallas, 25-3, Philly rip them, 23-9, or Kyler Murray embarrass Dallas, in Dallas, 38-10, and then twist the knife by nearly outrushing the entire Dallas backfield?
I bet I enjoyed my time better than you did.
Lame.

You can watch the entire game after it is over in a relatively short amount of time.

For $99 per year the NFL Game Pass has 3 options to review games.
Full Broadcast
Condensed
Coaches Film

The condensed option not only removes commercials, it removes the time between plays.

I doubt you enjoyed your nap more than Cowboys fans enjoyed a Cowboys win.

Dracula

Reaction score
Lame.

You can watch the entire game after it is over in a relatively short amount of time.

For $99 per year the NFL Game Pass has 3 options to review games.
Full Broadcast
Condensed
Coaches Film

The condensed option not only removes commercials, it removes the time between plays.

I doubt you enjoyed your nap more than Cowboys fans enjoyed a Cowboys win.
Then, your not napping right but thanks for the NFL Game Pass info.
Prayers and best wishes to Markus Paul, his family, and friends.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
We're contenders in the Eastern Division, irrespective of what happens to make us anything more than that. Being what we are now, though, isn't the worst thing that could happen. We're a team that has undergone difficulties that have cursed our current season. We all know, by now, what they are.

Hopefully, we'll continue to improve our standings in the overall league category, despite an unseemly start to the season. Big Mike and his staff have taken their lumps, to be sure but things do appear to be looking up, lately. Let's give them time to adjust to some highly unfortunate limitations, OK? Changes will be forthcoming in the offseason and beyond. I'm optimistic that our depth will be improved in 2021. Thanks for your patience. ;)

Last edited: