I think Al Harris is best option for DC

cowboybish

Reaction score
I think Harris is the best option for DC. He’s not set in his ways yet and would understand the need to beef up the middle of the defense. Using what he learned from Quinn coupled with a new scheme featuring bigger LBs the transition could be seamless.

Stak78

Reaction score
I think Harris has done an outstanding job with our corners and would hate to see him leave. It might worth to see if he’s ready to run the whole defense. If not, I would like to see Vrabel try his hand at running this defense as well. Maybe he can fix the linebacker situation. If he does great, he could be a candidate to replace McCarthy the following year if the offense regresses.

CT Dal Fan

Reaction score
Harris is more of a technique coach for the DB's. He has next to no experience in devising schemes or coming up with gameplans to stop an entire offense.

In other words I want Harris to stay, but I don't think he's ready to be a DC yet.

CTcowboy203

Reaction score
see the Thread on this MB. I think the board owners created it. Is it wrong? Joe Whitt is gone according to whomever created the thread topic
It’s wrong. It’s possible but not a done deal yet according to Clarence hill, Calvin Watkins and others.

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I think Harris is the best option for DC. He’s not set in his ways yet and would understand the need to beef up the middle of the defense. Using what he learned from Quinn coupled with a new scheme featuring bigger LBs the transition could be seamless.
He's also a players coach players would play for him, he'd get on them too

Rayman70

Reaction score
Jerry will lose this battle. Whitt wants outta here and to be with DQ.

SuspectCorner

Still waiting...
Reaction score
The Cowboys may be foolish to have a first-time play caller running the defense… as much as I like Al Harris and his work with the secondary. Harris could work - but Mike McCarthy is probably gonna want a DC with a track record at DC being that HE is on basically a one-year deal.