I think alot has gone our way so far on Black Monday

snapper

Reaction score
We is contract is up. He wont get fired, he won't get renewed. We all know this

He may have sucked overall as a HC, but he did some good things as well. Being Jerry's boy, he's going to get some respect. The announcement will come Wednesday.

Cowfan75

Reaction score
Other GMs are excited or hopeful in terms of the future...Jerry is mourning.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Looks like Rhule to the Giants is a very strong possibility. Or the Panthers. I still think McCarthy to the Browns makes sense also.

All this keeps Meyer and Riley in play for Dallas
Robinson made an interesting point on Rhule that it may come down to whoever gets him in for an interview first. Ive havent seen anything about his scheduling one with NY as of yet (could have missed it though)

Carson

Reaction score
Not sure ‘skins fans should be either. It’s a meh hire.

It's a decent signing. He is defensive minded and their defense has some nice pieces to build around.

Payne, Allen, Ionaddis up front
Kerrigan, Sweat, Foster, Holcombe
Dunbar, Collins

Not to mention if they get Chase Young. Offense has some weapons but is a few seasons away. He should have them in the 7-9, 8-8 range next season.

aria

Reaction score
- Washington pounces on Rivera. Killing those Meyer rumors

- Browns got an ewwwww from Matt Rhule

- Giants are keeping Gettleman, which could hurt them if they are competing with us for the same coach.
Agreed with everything but would like to add a modification to your last point. Who’s worse, Gettleman or Jerry? I would lean towards Jerry plus Gettleman will be retiring sooner than later (of course that could be a deterrent as well). That would be like picking between Stalin or Hitler. I’ll take neither, thanks.

Silverz1972

Reaction score
If Garrett propose working for $1 next year to stick around, What do you think Jerry will do?

aria

Reaction score
Robinson made an interesting point on Rhule that it may come down to whoever gets him in for an interview first. Ive havent seen anything about his scheduling one with NY as of yet (could have missed it though)
I would think he would lean towards NY sue to his history with the Giants, he grew up in the area and allegedly one of the reasons he wanted to coach the Jets was to get back to the NE.

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
Guys stop saying fire Garrett. His contract is up, he isn't the head coach right now of the Cowboys.

Hadenough

Reaction score
I wouldnt bet against Jerry giving Jason a 2 year extension and when asked he would say Jason is a our best choice right now.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Agreed with everything but would like to add a modification to your last point. Who’s worse, Gettleman or Jerry? I would lean towards Jerry plus Gettleman will be retiring sooner than later (of course that could be a deterrent as well). That would be like picking between Stalin or Hitler. I’ll take neither, thanks.
I heard that Rhule loves Zeke.