I think Antonio Brown saga might change how teams do business. see OBJ

Beast_from_East

Reaction score
I think you are going to see more and more teams dump headcase/disgruntled players before it gets to serious going forward. Even if you have to eat a large slice of cap in dead money, its better than having a troublemaker in your lockerroom.

J817

Reaction score
The Giants have been rumored to want to trade OBJ for like two years now(before the AB thing). I know what your saying, but this is just a blip imo.

Afigueroa22

Reaction score
I think you are going to see more and more teams dump headcase/disgruntled players before it gets to serious going forward. Even if you have to eat a large slice of cap in dead money, its better than having a troublemaker in your lockerroom.
I agree, at what point do teams stop letting these idiots dictate everything.

J817

Reaction score
Also consider, this isn’t the first time a team has traded away a diva WR to another team. Remeber TO? Was it a “trend” when TO was dumped off here?

SSoup

Reaction score
How is this anything new, exactly? Guys have been pitching fits to force their way free for years. We've employed some of them.

Anyway. As long as teams refuse to sign fully guaranteed contracts because they enjoy being able to bail on players whenever they like, of course there will be some players who turn that around and bail on their teams when they see fit.

gjkoeppen

Reaction score

Don't have to look further than the steelers who are letting Bell go as a free agent and dealt Brown. They got rid of their locker room problems and sent a signal to the rest of the players, either shape up or we'll ship you out.

J817

Reaction score
How is this anything new, exactly? Guys have been pitching fits to force their way free for years. We've employed some of them.

Anyway. As long as teams refuse to sign fully guaranteed contracts because they enjoy being able to bail on players whenever they like, of course there will be some players who turn that around and bail on their teams when they see fit.

As they should.
The most violent sports league in America is also the only league among the big three without guaranteed contracts. Also, NFL stars don’t see the money MLB and NBA stars see.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
Also consider, this isn’t the first time a team has traded away a diva WR to another team. Remeber TO? Was it a “trend” when TO was dumped off here?
But they hadn't just signed him to a 95m deal

J817

Reaction score

Right, they signed him to that deal even after his diva blowups and questionable off the field activities. This smells of a FO that decided to do a full blown tank. I’m sure they regret the Barkley draft pick even though the kid will be a stud.

BlueStar22

Reaction score
Imagine Beckham being a "headcase" because he dances and kicks over nets.

SSoup

Reaction score
Eh... Owens signed a $40+ million contract with the Eagles in 2004. When the NFL salary cap was only 80 million.

Comparable to the Beckham deal last year when the the cap was 177. Or the Brown contract in 2017 when the cap was 168.

Nothing new under the sun here.

Bigdog

Reaction score
As I said in another thread, NFLN is reporting that OBJ wants to renegotiate his contract to what Brown got. He just signed his new one last year.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
Eh... Owens signed a $40+ million contract with the Eagles in 2004. When the NFL salary cap was only 80 million.

Comparable to the Beckham deal last year when the the cap was 177. Or the Brown contract in 2017 when the cap was 168.

Nothing new under the sun here.
PHI didn't trade TO to DAL..... they released him after suspending him for conduct and his contract was severely backloaded

DAL signed him as a FA and gave him a new deal

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
:hammer:........bye Dez. See ya Williams, later Cold Beasly.

Although Dallas will regret losing the Beez......he was a.chain mover turned whiner.