I think Cowboy fans take things for granted

Proof

Reaction score
You misunderstood what I was saying. No big deal

But on a side note since you mentioned TO.
TO was WAY past his prime by the time he came to Dallas in his 11th NFL season. We had him in seasons 11, 12, 13.
No telling how crazy-good he would've been if we had him 4-5 years earlier.
I mean, take Dez for example. He's played 8 years in the league total.

Tail end of his career, sure. For as physical a freak as he was though not way past his prime. Earlier he likely would have been even better, but the point still stands.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The jump ball guy had significantly better stats than the rest of the team inside the 10. Tony and Dez were making it work.

It's crowded in the red zone. Hard to get open. That's where the muscle matters.

It's too bad Rico never got a shot playing with Tony. Reportedly they were unstoppable on the Scout team.

Yes, he did, and I didn’t say otherwise. I was talking about the abilities needed to be a consistent overall receiver, and not a specialty red zone skill. And, again, the red zone success wasn’t just jump balls.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Tail end of his career, sure. For as physical a freak as he was though not way past his prime. Earlier he likely would have been even better, but the point still stands.
I'm still not sure what your point was.
I was saying Cooper is really good but would be even better with a pure passer like Tony. Obviously. Not sure were TO came in.

Anyway, Tony is long gone and I'm fine with Dak

Proof

Reaction score
I'm still not sure what your point was.
I was saying Cooper is really good but would be even better with a pure passer like Tony. Obviously. Not sure were TO came in.

Anyway, Tony is long gone and I'm fine with Dak

I’m a big Dez fan and this site has me constantly on the defensive when it comes to him with how quickly fans have turned on him and try to discredit his time here. Misread your point and used TO to say that tony definitely bring the most out of guys, but that’s not the only reason Dez did well.

DFWJC

Reaction score
I’m a big Dez fan and this site has me constantly on the defensive when it comes to him with how quickly fans have turned on him and try to discredit his time here. Misread your point and used TO to say that tony definitely bring the most out of guys, but that’s not the only reason Dez did well.
I get it, Proof.
No, I've never been I the bash Dez clan

Rayman70

Reaction score
fan is short for FANACTIC. So it stands to reason us fans can be somewhat spoiled or delusional. Expectations SHOULD be high. I fall somewhere in the middle...tempering expectations using logic. Then if we exceed those things, GREAT.

Captain43Crash

Reaction score
....and what he did for us lately was exactly what he did with the Raiders. A big game here and there with a lot of ghost acts. This shouldn't even be controversial to say, just hold off on making him out to be the next Jerry Rice.
Jerry Rice had Joe Montana and Bill Walsh. Bill Walsh was a great offensive mind who focused on getting Rice the ball. Cooper disappears at times more because of our QB and offensive coaching than because he is not getting open consistently!

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
But we don't know what Cooper would have produced with Tony throwing him the ball those years.
* final post on the easily discernible observation of that which is: #9 would've had/put the #89 in the pro bowl
( first ballot vote/ last year:starspin:)

cowboy_ron

You Can't Fix Stupid
Reaction score
Just imagine how good Cooper could be if we had a QB...Just saying :popcorn:
After reading your post after post virtually saying the same thing, I seriously doubt you know what a "good" QB is.......these types of posts usually are from posters that rely on opinions of Cowboys hating media heads incapable of forming a more accurate assessment.

kskboys

Reaction score
You people are so quick to turn on Dez, man.

I love Amari. Dude saved our season last year, is an elite route runner, and is an anti-diva WR. But are we forgetting that Dez has 73 touchdowns with a Star on his helmet? Dez in his prime was a force in this league. Amari hasn't proved that yet.
Not me. I never did like him as a player.

kskboys

Reaction score
Dez got lazy. I began to question his will to play football. He ran sloppy routes, catchable balls were bouncing off his hands, and his jump ball skills became a "turn and look for a flag" excuse for not trying. I honestly think Dez never believed the Cowboys would release him and didn't give 100% because of it. He didn't know what he had until it was gone...
And refused to do the rehab after his injury. That's what robbed him of explosiveness.

GenoT

Reaction score
The only thing I take for granted is that we have a FO, dominated by the owner and his son (who can’t be fired), which is the single common denominator in the last 23 seasons of playoff futility.

kskboys

Reaction score
Yes, he did, and I didn’t say otherwise. I was talking about the abilities needed to be a consistent overall receiver, and not a specialty red zone skill. And, again, the red zone success wasn’t just jump balls.
If a WR is only a jump ball WR, he is worth nowhere near 14 mil/season.

Bullflop

Cowboys Diehard
Reaction score
Im thankful for both... both guys have made me jump for joy and pee a lil from excitement.

Well, I noticed you're 46. If you think you're peeing a little right now, just wait another 34 years or so and see what happens! :grin:

408Cowboy

Reaction score
After reading your post after post virtually saying the same thing, I seriously doubt you know what a "good" QB is.......these types of posts usually are from posters that rely on opinions of Cowboys hating media heads incapable of forming a more accurate assessment.
He thinks Dak is only getting paid to put minorites in seats