CFZ I think Dak Prescott is in serious danger

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
Unlike 2020 when the Cowboys had no defense. I think they can try to play ball control run game with the young line. Injuries happen. Zeke tore his PCL in week 4 and we fans still want him cut. Let’s see how the first 4 games play out.

2020? A more apt comparison is just last year where Dallas could not run the ball and opposing defenses can flood the secondary with DBs and tee off on 3rd and longs.

That is exactly what you are going to get.

baltcowboy

Reaction score
2020? A more apt comparison is just last year where Dallas could not run the ball and opposing defenses can flood the secondary with DBs and tee off on 3rd and longs.

That is exactly what you are going to get.
Good points the 6-4 finish is what we could see again. That would still get us in the playoffs.

Ranched

"We Are Penn State"
Reaction score
Furthermore, it's really not fair to Dak or Zeke Pollard for Jerry to keep ignoring the oline like this. This is how he can very easily destroy players' careers, and it creates the stigma for players, much like in Washington, to not play here because Jerry will not provide the players needed to protect them.
FIFY :p
Youd think he had learned watching Romo get killed for years.

Rinse. Repeat.
So true. Had Romo not been tough as nails, he wouldn't have lasted as long as he did. If Romo had a line like Aikman, Dallas would have their 6th championship. Even w/Garrett!

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
IM not living in the past

your post is a total overaction

we haven't played 2022 have we. Lets wait and see not have book Written on hypothetical ranting LMAO,

Well, as someone who hasn't seen a lot of success, but has seen us before have a similar result. It has me a bit concerned for Dak. Those that don't learn from history are doomed to repeat history. I'm not living in the past. I'm simply looking at historical events and comparing them to now. Right now, I see an eerily similar situation to what happened to Romo. I hope and pray I'm wrong. I'd love to be wrong about this. However, there is a historical trend that Jerry takes when it comes to young QBs.

blueblood70

Reaction score
You went into this year with a question mark at RT & an injury risk at LT.

Your back-up options have never seen a live action game.

They should have addressed this in FA, instead they let a top 10 tackle walk.

Gross mismanagement.
Mismanaged BEFORE a game is played??:facepalm::muttley:
ok Nostradamus we can have this discussion in February IF this caused our downfall IFFFFFFFFF....

calm the flip down or move on. You are obviously far too emotional to be having reasonable debates about the Cowboys daily. lmao you cant mismanagement something ie a season that hasnt been played yet.

i watched Burrows get killed al year all the way to the SB with weak OL..they didnt fix it they let it ride.you cant have unit full of PBer the FO has brought in many OL that need to develop and im sure they will allocate a OPT isnt the first 2 rounds as they did with umm right tyler smith 73

you have to continue improving a team many areas needing addressed.

@thunderpimp91 has it 100% correct they haven't ignored it,..,that wild accusation that cant be proven unless that list never develops.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Well, as someone who hasn't seen a lot of success, but has seen us before have a similar result. It has me a bit concerned for Dak. Those that don't learn from history are doomed to repeat history. I'm not living in the past. I'm simply looking at historical events and comparing them to now. Right now, I see an eerily similar situation to what happened to Romo. I hope and pray I'm wrong. I'd love to be wrong about this. However, there is a historical trend that Jerry takes when it comes to young QBs.
cinci hung Burrows out to fend for himself, anyone hear complaining?? lets let this playout we can revisit next offseason.

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
cinci hung Burrows out to fend for himself, anyone hear complaining?? lets let this playout we can revisit next offseason.

Let me ask you this, and I'd happily revisit this later, and I'd love to be wrong as I stated. However, if that was Dak in Burrow's situation, would the reactions be the same here?

blueblood70

Reaction score
Let me ask you this, and I'd happily revisit this later, and I'd love to be wrong as I stated. However, if that was Dak in Burrow's situation, would the reactions be the same here?
im tired of the ifs and butts

MOVING On this is tired head front page ..migrane medicine needed. You play the games you judge after.. they have until really the trade deadline to make changes to make this successful season.

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
Mismanaged BEFORE a game is played??:facepalm::muttley:
ok Nostradamus we can have this discussion in February IF this caused our downfall IFFFFFFFFF....

calm the flip down or move on. You are obviously far too emotional to be having reasonable debates about the Cowboys daily. lmao you cant mismanagement something ie a season that hasnt been played yet.

i watched Burrows get killed al year all the way to the SB with weak OL..they didnt fix it they let it ride.you cant have unit full of PBer the FO has brought in many OL that need to develop and im sure they will allocate a OPT isnt the first 2 rounds as they did with umm right tyler smith 73

you have to continue improving a team many areas needing addressed.

@thunderpimp91 has it 100% correct they haven't ignored it,..,that wild accusation that cant be proven unless that list never develops.

I'm calm, but also logical enough to look at the performance last year and see that we have taken a step back from already dysfunctional OL play.

I mean, I guess hope springs eternal in your eyes, but I don't believe you can make any convincing argument on why an underperforming offence will be improved.

blueblood70

Reaction score
I'm calm, but also logical enough to look at the performance last year and see that we have taken a step back from already dysfunctional OL play.

I mean, I guess hope springs eternal in your eyes, but I don't believe you can make any convincing argument on why an underperforming offence will be improved.
Underperforming HOw? ., not one game in the 22 season has been played..moving on..jeez :muttley::facepalm:

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
im tired of the ifs and butts

MOVING On this is tired head front page ..migrane medicine needed. You play the games you judge after.. they have until really the trade deadline to make changes to make this successful season.

Yes, but, part of the point of a forum is to express areas that we have concerns about going into the season. I am sure we will revisit this and all other threads later, but I'm simply expressing a concern on here that I have.

blueblood70

Reaction score
Underperforming last year--try to keep up instead of using emojis like a child.
cant keep up with the past you keep up can't judge 2022s team before its assemble or palys .. remove the thick i lie to argue persona its making you look like a clueless fan..last year has zero to do with 2022 team..

its 0-0 get that bud..lmao different team, different schedule, different circumstances. now a different fan base that would be great,.,

Blackrain

Reaction score
:muttley:IGNORE
Biadsz
Cwill
Farinok
Ball
Waletzko
Tsmith73
steele
Mcgovern
and others

sorry just because they werent aggressive in 77s replacement,IT ist ignoring.:facepalm:
That whole group together is worth about a ham sandwich

blueblood70

Reaction score
Yes, but, part of the point of a forum is to express areas that we have concerns about going into the season. I am sure we will revisit this and all other threads later, but I'm simply expressing a concern on here that I have.
page long rants are not concerns

its written as if its going to happen, take one game at time.its 0-0 get that bud..lmao different team, different schedule, different circumstances.

john van brocklin

Captain Comeback
Reaction score
Jerry Jones has a tendency to neglect the oline until it's too late, and the damage is done. We had a very capable QB in Tony Romo. The problem is that Jerry didn't exactly understand that you need to maintain the oline to keep him upright and able to do his job. Prior to breaking his collarbone, Romo broke his finger in 2008 that forced him to miss 4 games. Jerry took no notice that the oline was starting to resemble damp Swiss cheese. He only started doing that with Romo when Romo had his collarbone snap in 2010. Unfortunately, by the time we had gotten Zach Martin, Romo only would play one more full season, and even then missed a game.

Fast forward to Dak. Jerry had been thinking the oline he built in 2014 is still excellent in 2020. Oh, but that's 6 years later, and Tyron had been in the league for 9 years at that point. Players start to break down. Oh well, what's there to worry? Dak breaks his leg. 2020 season toasted. Jerry then proceeds to use the 2nd round pick the next year on.....Kelvin Joseph. What could he have used that on? Well, there were several olinemen taken after. He could've had Aaron Banks who was a solid guard from Notre Dame. He has been decent with the 49ers. He could've taken Jackson Carman. Decent player for the Bengals at OT. Point is, as usual, he could have gotten an olineman instead of projects. His only good 2nd round pick lately has been Trevon Diggs. As a result, last year, Dak's calf muscle gets hurt and misses a game. He was clearly not the same after that Pats game. He started as one of the top 3-5 QBs, but then had that happen.

Thus, what's it going to take for Jerry to understand that he needs to maintain oline. It doesn't have to be in the 1st, but at least in the first 3 rounds, invest in an olineman to keep the depth at top notch. That way he can maintain the insurance on the QB. Problem is, I think Dak is in serious danger. Because of what Jerry has not done, I think Dak could be facing a very bad injury with some of the teams we play this year. All it takes for us to go from potential playoff team to 3-14 is a bad injury to Dak. Yet, we play one of the top defences in week one against the Bucs. What happens to the season if, God-forbid, Dak has a massive injury like a broken shoulder or his back gives way?
Dak better have a great life insurance policy!
He gonna be running for his life.
:angry:

blueblood70

Reaction score
That whole group together is worth about a ham sandwich

that about what your brain is made up and worth. Yup a sandwich.
good try troll it means they have players they want to develop not been ignoring the line.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
Jerry Jones has a tendency to neglect the oline until it's too late, and the damage is done. We had a very capable QB in Tony Romo. The problem is that Jerry didn't exactly understand that you need to maintain the oline to keep him upright and able to do his job. Prior to breaking his collarbone, Romo broke his finger in 2008 that forced him to miss 4 games. Jerry took no notice that the oline was starting to resemble damp Swiss cheese. He only started doing that with Romo when Romo had his collarbone snap in 2010. Unfortunately, by the time we had gotten Zach Martin, Romo only would play one more full season, and even then missed a game.

Fast forward to Dak. Jerry had been thinking the oline he built in 2014 is still excellent in 2020. Oh, but that's 6 years later, and Tyron had been in the league for 9 years at that point. Players start to break down. Oh well, what's there to worry? Dak breaks his leg. 2020 season toasted. Jerry then proceeds to use the 2nd round pick the next year on.....Kelvin Joseph. What could he have used that on? Well, there were several olinemen taken after. He could've had Aaron Banks who was a solid guard from Notre Dame. He has been decent with the 49ers. He could've taken Jackson Carman. Decent player for the Bengals at OT. Point is, as usual, he could have gotten an olineman instead of projects. His only good 2nd round pick lately has been Trevon Diggs. As a result, last year, Dak's calf muscle gets hurt and misses a game. He was clearly not the same after that Pats game. He started as one of the top 3-5 QBs, but then had that happen.

Thus, what's it going to take for Jerry to understand that he needs to maintain oline. It doesn't have to be in the 1st, but at least in the first 3 rounds, invest in an olineman to keep the depth at top notch. That way he can maintain the insurance on the QB. Problem is, I think Dak is in serious danger. Because of what Jerry has not done, I think Dak could be facing a very bad injury with some of the teams we play this year. All it takes for us to go from potential playoff team to 3-14 is a bad injury to Dak. Yet, we play one of the top defences in week one against the Bucs. What happens to the season if, God-forbid, Dak has a massive injury like a broken shoulder or his back gives way?

Poor guy. Romo and now Dak. Franchise QB's wasted.