CFZ I think Dak Prescott is in serious danger

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
cant keep up with the past you keep up can't judge 2022s team before its assemble or palys .. remove the thick i lie to argue persona its making you look like a clueless fan..last year has zero to do with 2022 team..

its 0-0 get that bud..lmao different team, different schedule, different circumstances. now a different fan base that would be great,.,

A clueless fan is one who believes you cannot look at your issues last year, what is done to address them, and how it relates to the current season. That is what every analyst, coach, GM, etc. do when preparing their team.

I'm sure you've been drumming the 0-0 every year for 27 years. Who is clueless, lol. .

Blackrain

Reaction score
cant keep up with the past you keep up can't judge 2022s team before its assemble or palys .. remove the thick i lie to argue persona its making you look like a clueless fan..last year has zero to do with 2022 team..

its 0-0 get that bud..lmao different team, different schedule, different circumstances. now a different fan base that would be great,.,
Different team yes less talented different schedule Yes more difficult different circumstances not really still dysfunctional.

Same fan base hoping for the best but preparing for the worst

Blackrain

Reaction score
I don't understand why they won't bin Philbin and bring back Colombo. He was a very good oline coach for us, and I think a better coach might help. If we had him or Callahan, then yes. Jerry might have a point. However, we have Philbin.
Totally agree Rusty philbin's holding techniques that worked in Green Bay Don't work here we get called for that.
We need a real o-line coach that can develop players that are not going to be continually penalized and ruin our offense best work

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Totally agree Rusty philbin's holding techniques that worked in Green Bay Don't work here we get called for that.
We need a real o-line coach that can develop players that are not going to be continually penalized and ruin our offense best work

Well yes, as the Packers seldom get called for penalties. That is why they worked there. However, that only works if you coach a team that has that kind of luck. We don't, and we need better technique. Zone blocking works better here, and that's where Callahan and Colombo did well.

SteveTheCowboy

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The OL and not having consistency at WR could get Dak killed this season. If receivers can’t get open he’ll be holding the ball longer, leading to sacks and having to takeoff and run a lot more. I know some fans want to see him run more but it will leave him more susceptible to injury.
I want him to run more but not because of downfield coverage. The proper time and the proper precautions.....not to save a drive.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It was never a question if 77 was going to be injured. The question was when he would be injured. . I have no clue of their mentality in how they approached this off-season. I mean I can only think he would be OK for part of the season and that would give Ball or Walesko time to be ready. Problem is that I jury happened sooner then they probably thought it would. Ball has not looked good. Walesko has been OK but has his own injury issue and the rookie Smith is probably not ready.

So they have a few options..

Hope nothing that Walesko is ok to play for some time
I doubt they play Ball unless it is a last resort after others are injured.
Put Martin at LT or put him at RT and move Steele to LT
Bring in a veteran FA.

Either way, they did not have a solid plan in place if 77 got injured this early. Not sure they had a solid plan a all except for hoping Ball, Walesko or Tyler could become the LT next year or maybe towards the end of this season.

Blackrain

Reaction score
Unfortunately with this new predicament on the offensive line I think DAk is really going to have to run a lot more this year to keep the chains moving.

He just is not going to be able to hold the ball for any length of time it's going to have to come out fast or he's going to have to come out fast and try to make safe decisions.

I will go on record right now and say that if Dak does not have 500 rushing yards this year we do not make the playoffs

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I want him to run more but not because of downfield coverage. The proper time and the proper precautions.....not to save a drive.

The problem is he may be running more because of down field coverage. This will increase his chances of getting injured. If we lose him we’re royally screwed because I don’t think this is a very good Cowboys team, especially after losing Tyron. We’re going have 5 new starters on offense to start the season, including 3 on the OL and none of those 5 new starters appear to be upgrades. Our number one offense from last season has taken a huge hit! Our offense may end up middle of the pack this season if not worse.

Playmaker3128

Reaction score
Maybe it'll force dak to use his legs more. He's been a more effective player in the past when he does, and he's spreading the ball around.

Hadenough

Reaction score
lost-in-space-danger.gif

Yes, Danger big time......
Maybe he should consider retiring and saving us a whole lot of grief for the next 2 seasons???
Dak stans just have another excuse.

DanTanna

Original Zone Member
Reaction score
I just drafted DAK in the 10th round. He BETTER not get hurt!

Ken

Reaction score
You went into this year with a question mark at RT & an injury risk at LT.

Your back-up options have never seen a live action game.

They should have addressed this in FA, instead they let a top 10 tackle walk.

Gross mismanagement.
RT isn't a question mark. He has well over 16 starts at RT alone.

He also outplayed Collins there last year.

Denim Chicken

Reaction score
He also outplayed Collins there last year.

He did not outplay Collins. And while yes, he has 16 starts that doesn't make him good. In fact, he was pretty terrible for the majority of those starts in 2020.

He is still a question mark--quite far from a proven asset.