I think Dak wants Wade Philips as DC running 4-3

conner01

Reaction score
I believe Dak wants to have Wade Philips as the defensive coordinator after facing his top notch defense in the playoffs couple of years ago.

Also Dak had a conversation with Stephon Gilmore last season after the game and Gilmore would be willing to come to Dallas if Patriots let him go. Gilmore should be top FA priority this off-season for Cowboys to target and pair up with Diggs for a shutdown secondary.

Last but not least Randy Gregory has to go, he is one of the last remaining narcism decision by Jerry that keeps this cancerous culture in the locker room. In order to look right Jerry has forced coaches to start Gregory and stunt the growth of Bradlee Anae . Gregory can find another team that is willing to pay him but we gotta remove that cancerous tumor of privilege given out by Jerry. He didn’t earn that rotation job and has rubbed the DL the wrong way coming in cutting the line. :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

Come on man!

Redsfan_83

Reaction score
So let me get this right...Wade is our new OC next year? Cut Gregory after holding onto him for 254 years and he is finally able to play football? I should go back to bed

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Phillips is going to return to a team that fired and humiliated him?

The other side of that is he needs talent just like every other DC.

Bigdog

Reaction score
It would be a narcism decision to have your qb run the team by dictating who should come and who should go. If they win Jerry can take all the credit but if they lose he can blame Dak since he wanted it. That is a recipe for disaster.

flyinghorse

Reaction score
I would love to see Wade as DC....Best hire of all....BUT he has a big shiny Super Bowl Ring, some impressive career stats (knew they were good but didn’t know they were this good till I checked wow) Class A reputation in the NFL,& 24/7 free time to do what ever the h!!! hits him when he’s sucking down his coffee every morning.....What exactly would motivate Wade to come work for Barnum & Bailey??
Seriously........Would any of u guys trade what Wade has right now to come join JJ’s Circus? No freaking way......I’m sleeping till 2pm on Mondays...On Tuesday I’m fishing in my private heavily Bass stock lake.....4Wheeling on Wednesday......Shooting tequila & stuffing my face w/shrimp taco & beef fajitas while I’m stretched out on my semi-fat azz by my football shaped pool.....On Friday I’m pulling out all the stops & heading to the coast (Rockport area) to see if I can fish, drink & smoke my self into a state of mental paradise for 3 straight days.....Then it’s back to Monday sleeping till 2pm........Thanks Jer but no thanks........Yours truly Wade

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I can't imagine what could make you think that. Why would Wade want to return?

BTW, cutting Randy Gregory would be a HUGE mistake. Not many DE's on this team making more plays than him.

"In order to look right Jerry has forced coaches to start Gregory"??? Seriously?
Maybe he wants to tank for another five years????

TheCoolFan

Reaction score
:lmao2: How many QBs in the history of the league actually cared about who their DC was to where they would demand a certain coach? They may prefer a HC or OC/QB coach but they usually stay out of the defense's business

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Well now, this is starting to make sense, Prescott wants to be the GM and I am all for it. However, he might have to give up QBing because they don't pick coaches, especially for the D side.

However, if McMahon, Dilfer and Johnson could have picked their DC's, they would have picked those guys.

eromeopolk

Reaction score
I believe Dak wants to have Wade Philips as the defensive coordinator after facing his top notch defense in the playoffs couple of years ago.

Also Dak had a conversation with Stephon Gilmore last season after the game and Gilmore would be willing to come to Dallas if Patriots let him go. Gilmore should be top FA priority this off-season for Cowboys to target and pair up with Diggs for a shutdown secondary.

Last but not least Randy Gregory has to go, he is one of the last remaining narcism decision by Jerry that keeps this cancerous culture in the locker room. In order to look right Jerry has forced coaches to start Gregory and stunt the growth of Bradlee Anae . Gregory can find another team that is willing to pay him but we gotta remove that cancerous tumor of privilege given out by Jerry. He didn’t earn that rotation job and has rubbed the DL the wrong way coming in cutting the line. :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

Son of a Bum has never, never ever run a 4-3 defense. It is 3-4 Bum and Son of a Bum style.

Jerry Dumbo GM Jones only lets good players leave Dallas. He brings in over the hill or name recognition no performance recognition players. How many ex Cowboys are on the KC Chiefs defense with Super Bowl rings? How many Super Bowls and did not D-Ware get a ring in Denver with the Son of a Bum 3-4 defense?

Dak Prescott will want out of Dallas without a long term deal. You do a long term deal, you will not have room for Gilmore.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
Last but not least Randy Gregory has to go, he is one of the last remaining narcism decision by Jerry that keeps this cancerous culture in the locker room. In order to look right Jerry has forced coaches to start Gregory and stunt the growth of Bradlee Anae . Gregory can find another team that is willing to pay him but we gotta remove that cancerous tumor of privilege given out by Jerry. He didn’t earn that rotation job and has rubbed the DL the wrong way coming in

narcism? :huh:
Do you mean narcissism?

Second, how is Randy Gregory a cancer? The league is no longer punishing marijuana use the same, so I doubt Randy has any more problems. And I haven't heard that he's an attitude problem in the locker room.
Have you heard differently?

By the way, where is Wade Phillips now? Why would he want to return to a team he used to coach to fulfill the role as a defensive coordinator?

12+88=7

Reaction score
He meant to say, "Prescott won't sign a contract unless future HOFer Alarcon is starting."

Yeah that's it, that's the ticket.

Brax

Reaction score

In my opinion you are crazy as a loon and off your meds.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

So, Dak wants a DC he doesn't even know, and he wants that DC to run a defensive scheme he isn't used to running …

I don't think so.

As for Anae, there was a lot of season before Gregory was reinstated, and even afterward they could have found snaps for Anae if they thought he was ready - if not from Gregory, but also from Armstrong. Apparently there is something about Anae the team isn't seeing for now.

USArmyVet

Reaction score

Who gives a crap what Dak wants as at the end of the day he wants a lot of money for being an average QB.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
I can't imagine what could make you think that. Why would Wade want to return?

BTW, cutting Randy Gregory would be a HUGE mistake. Not many DE's on this team making more plays than him.

"In order to look right Jerry has forced coaches to start Gregory"??? Seriously?
Wade has all but said he'd come back.
He never wants a head gig again and thus harbors no ill will.
He runs a 1 gap 3-4. He's probably be about perfect. But has no McCarty ties ... which I guess some could also call perfect.

Wade adapts his system to his guys and builds a scheme to get every guy an advantage.
The only negative is it can get stale after a while because it is very predictable.
But the litany of guys who have career years under Wade is no mirage. He let's quick twitch guys attack and space eaters sit down in holes occupying blockers.

The Gregory stuff is insane. He's our 2nd best DL right now. Jerry's decision to hold onto him and his belief in him as a quality person has paid off.
Whereas they wrote of David Irving who has 4 tackles on the year for the Raiders.
Jerry has plenty of issues including a colossal ego but we don't need to make up complaints.