I Think Jason Garrett is Fired After The Season for this Draft

timb2

Reaction score
We needed starters and we have depth now at positions that we really could have used on players later in the draft.....If they think Witten is going to become some great hope at TE at 37 years old? They have been hanging out smoking too much wacky weed in Denver in the offseason....McGovern was a terrible pick.We already had depth at O-line and you draft a guy who will not get on the field.....I believe Garrett and his contract will expire and they move on.This draft is going to be up there with Jason Williams & Robert Brewster,....Totally Thumbs down on this draft.

Melonfeud

I Copy!,,, er,,,I guess,,,ah,,,maybe.
Reaction score
We needed starters and we have depth now at positions that we really could have used on players later in the draft.....If they think Witten is going to become some great hope at TE at 37 years old? They have been hanging out smoking too much wacky weed in Denver in the offseason....McGovern was a terrible pick.We already had depth at O-line and you draft a guy who will not get on the field.....I believe Garrett and his contract will expire and they move on.This draft is going to be up there with Jason Williams & Robert Brewster,....Totally Thumbs down on this draft.
I disagree Bro, man alive! There were times last season,our offensive line couldn't stop a passed out great grandfather from drooling in his sleep with a feather pillowo_O

timb2

Reaction score
Tristen Hill did not start except 1 game this last season and he was in the doghouse by his college coaches. So our Cowboys genius staff make him our top pick?? How stupid is our staff???You believe a kid over his coaches? I am so sick of this crap every couple of years. Guys like David Arkin who have no business to be in the NFL. Jason Williams,Robert Brewster,Danny Coale,Matt Johnson,etc. ...Tristen Hill= Peppi Zellner imo...... We needed a TE,but we can't hurt Jason Witten's ego and give him some competition....We trade for Robert Quinn who keeps bouncing around the league because fans hate his BS about politics instead of just playing football.Great we get a LOCKER ROOM CANCER.....Who does McGovern beat out on our O-Line as a starter or even our depth??That's right NO ONE!! He becomes the 9th player on the o-line when all we needed was 8....We needed a safety and we need someone to be a OLB to groom because if you trust Sean Lee to stay healthy for a season than I would love to sell you a bridge.....We still need a RB who can relieve Elliott hopefully a receiving back.

timb2

Reaction score
I disagree Bro, man alive! There were times last season,our offensive line couldn't stop a passed out great grandfather from drooling in his sleep with a feather pillowo_O
That would be rookie Connor Williams who they pushed in the lineup instead of letting Cameron Fleming get a fair shot as a starter and let Williams bulk up and recover from his knee injury.

p_tubbs

Reaction score
Tristen Hill did not start except 1 game this last season and he was in the doghouse by his college coaches. So our Cowboys genius staff make him our top pick?? How stupid is our staff???You believe a kid over his coaches? I am so sick of this crap every couple of years. Guys like David Arkin who have no business to be in the NFL. Jason Williams,Robert Brewster,Danny Coale,Matt Johnson,etc. ...Tristen Hill= Peppi Zellner imo...... We needed a TE,but we can't hurt Jason Witten's ego and give him some competition....We trade for Robert Quinn who keeps bouncing around the league because fans hate his BS about politics instead of just playing football.Great we get a LOCKER ROOM CANCER.....Who does McGovern beat out on our O-Line as a starter or even our depth??That's right NO ONE!! He becomes the 9th player on the o-line when all we needed was 8....We needed a safety and we need someone to be a OLB to groom because if you trust Sean Lee to stay healthy for a season than I would love to sell you a bridge.....We still need a RB who can relieve Elliott hopefully a receiving back.

Its obvious that you are a professional scout, you should be running the Cowboys war room because yo know sooo much.

Pants

Reaction score
I don't mind the hill pick as much as WHERE they took him....if Dallas wouldn't leak who they are taking a week before the draft (who didn't know they were taking hill, I just didn't want to believe it), then perhaps they could have taken him at #90 since I don't think anyone else was talking about him....a draft of one of the safety's @ #58 and T.Hill @ #90 would make me happy - of course, the world knew that Dallas wanted Thornhill too :banghead:

Kolemmitt

Reaction score
I understand the frustration in that we would have loved to see a 2019 starter, and two guys that probably would have started for us went just a few pics right after.
On the other hand, I think McGovern was a great value. BPA is almost always the best way to go and I think he will be starting LG 2020, with Williams out to T where he belongs.
I think Hill was a bit of a reach, but I would have been happy with him at 90.

p_tubbs

Reaction score
I don't mind the hill pick as much as WHERE they took him....if Dallas wouldn't leak who they are taking a week before the draft (who didn't know they were taking hill, I just didn't want to believe it), then perhaps they could have taken him at #90 since I don't think anyone else was talking about him....a draft of one of the safety's @ #58 and T.Hill @ #90 would make me happy - of course, the world knew that Dallas wanted Thornhill too :banghead:

All teams leak information every year not just the Cowboys but you don't know it bcuz you don't follow them as closely as Dallas.

Verdammung

Reaction score
First of all, I think it's safe to assume that Rod Marinelli was the one demanding we draft Trysten Hill.

Second, technically Garrett wouldn't be getting fired, as his contract is expiring.

Third, if the Cowboys part ways with Garrett, it better be for underachieving instead of the talent that the unfireable GM gives him.

Teague31

Defender of the Star
Reaction score
Apparently Scott frost and his staff loved hill and said he had zero problems. What happened with the new staff is concerning but we spent a ton of time with the kid and did our due diligence.

Pants

Reaction score
All teams leak information every year not just the Cowboys but you don't know it bcuz you don't follow them as closely as Dallas.
yeah? other than the cardinals with the first pick, I didn't know who anyone was taking, let alone in the 2nd round - I assume you didn't know either

Beaker42

Reaction score
Its obvious that you are a professional scout, you should be running the Cowboys war room because yo know sooo much.
It’s obvious to EVERYONE they ***** this draft. Total overreach on Hill and a kid who needs work in round 3.

I’m not sure who I want to pass away first - Jerry or Rod.

Longboysfan

hipfake08
Reaction score
Scratching head on the first two picks...
Less than stellar marks.
The second two picks great value for the slot taken in.

dallas72

Reaction score
Conor will replace RT ...his natural postion.. McGovern will replace Conor

RoyTheHammer

Reaction score

We have depth on OL? Wish we'd put them in the game then.