I think Jerry believes having several new players will spark fans' interests once again

leeblair

Reaction score
Faced with an absolute revolt from the fan base, and wanting to keep Dak, I think Jerry is hoping that enough new players will make fans more accepting of him keeping Dak at quarterback.
I'm not saying he planned it this way, but he is letting this play out in the hopes it will help avert a mutiny of the fans after the fate of the Cowboys with Dak has been made clear.
I don't think it will work, but I think he's doing his best to make it work.
We'll see.

Yobwocs

Reaction score
What mutiny? They ride Dak for the entire year until the last game of January. If most of the mutiny is done on a computer screen, that... really isn't gonna do much.

Ranching

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Faced with an absolute revolt from the fan base, and wanting to keep Dak, I think Jerry is hoping that enough new players will make fans more accepting of him keeping Dak at quarterback.
I'm not saying he planned it this way, but he is letting this play out in the hopes it will help avert a mutiny of the fans after the fate of the Cowboys with Dak has been made clear.
We'll see.
It got you to start a thread....I guess you're right.

TheMarathonContinues

Reaction score
We'll see.
What new players?

kevm3

Reaction score
I'm almost feeling like they are trying to get Dak to resciind that no trade clause by giving him a depleted and demotivated team

leeblair

Reaction score
What new players?
Every player who leaves means a new face on the roster.
Not necessarily better, but new.
The unknown may be more appealing than the status quo- at least to some fans.
For me it doesn't matter who they get until the quarterback position is resolved with new blood.

Whiskey Cowboy

Reaction score
I'm almost feeling like they are trying to get Dak to resciind that no trade clause by giving him a depleted and demotivated team
Jerry is shrewd, but not cold. I think it has more to do with showing Dak what a team would look like without the necessary funds to accumulate the talent Dak needs to thrive. Dak loses any leverage if he has a subpar season. Is he going to be worth $60m if he reverts to 2022 form and leads the league in interceptions? It's mind games. He wants Dak back, but knows that he can't field a championship team paying a really good QB elite money. He's trying to show Dak why he can't pay what Dak's agent wants.

btgboys41

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Jerry doesn’t give a crap about the fans and what they think. He does care about their wallets. There’s way too much analysis of Al Davis Jr. He’s too old, is addicted to power and $$, and hates change and any headlines that don’t lead back to him.

Worst owner and GM.

Diehardblues

Reaction score
“Absolute revolt” …. Lol

There hasn’t been any kind of revolt.

Jethro is laughing all the way to the bank.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
We'll see.
I think that you think wrong.
:cool:

coult44

Reaction score
What mutiny? They ride Dak for the entire year until the last game of January. If most of the mutiny is done on a computer screen, that... really isn't gonna do much.
The majority of the fans don’t “ride Dak”, the majority of the fans “ride Cowboys” regardless of who’s out there. Fans don’t have any control with who’s on the field. Most fans aren’t psychotic enough to think that being upset about who’s out there or not will change things.

RodeoJake

Reaction score
Trying to think like Jerry ain't gonna end well for you, bud. You're gonna blow too many brain cells and start to babble.

Captain-Crash

Reaction score
were drafting some turds and we are going to pick up some losers. Everybody will be happy with that. :D

John813

Reaction score
Sieg and Kendricks is all I need.
A+ offseason.
Loading up on Dak jerseys and hats.

acr731

Jerry learned to GM from Pee Wee Herman
Reaction score
We'll see.
The only thing that will reignite my interest would be Jerry and Stephen removing themselves from football operations

starfan1

Reaction score
We'll see.
another ABD fan troll with genius thread. You actually think jerry gives a hoot about you? You can start thread after thread and get your ABD train folks to give you likes but in the end your probably going to be dissapointed. They arent rebuilding they are retooling and you have dak again this year and possibly beyond.. jerry doesnt want to go 4-13 and start again so the cowboys will remain relevent. (mediocre ).They are a 10-7 team right now before doing anything. I wish they could get mister selfish to sign a Kirk Cousins contract but there is no way todd france is going to let that happen

I thought these dummies would improve the team by creating some cap space and going after known ballers and i admit i got semi excited but they didnt. Im not surprised. What that means is they have to hit on every pick in the draft in the 1st 3 rounds.

Guess youll have to pin your hopes on this sexual assualt case.

JohnsKey19

Reaction score
Cowboys Twitter, those of us on message boards, listening/watching to Cowboys content, debating Dak/McCarthy/etc. probably account for 2-3% of the overall fan base. You’re kidding yourself if you think Jerry feels he needs to worry about the fans or make any reactionary moves based on fan interest.