I think Jerry knows his time is up

fivetwos

Reaction score
IMO, the magnitude that he is upset by has a lot to do with him. This was going to be the year where he showed he was the best with HIS coaches and HIS players. It falling on its face is likely crushing to him.

Will that mean he is going to change it up? No. Probably not.
He cant go trying to pull the same antics and not get called out by the media.

We all know what the results would be in that case.

I guess I could be wrong but I for one am going to pay a helluva lot less attention because I'm done with Jerry the GM slash meddling owner. Time for a Parcells situation. He did it before. We are there again. We arent exactly 5-11 three years in a row but those teams SHOULD have won five games. These teams wont do much more, and get smacked anytime they play any decent staff willing to do a little homework.

smitty313

Reaction score

The media will give up before he does, and if they ask too tough of a question they'll be off the Cowboys beat(e.g. - Tim MacMahon)

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
People like to say he can do whatever he wants, but not really.

After all that's been put out there lately, if he tries to pull the usual crap....like hire another puppet, hire assistants before a HC, try to force assistants on to a HC candidate, he is just going to continue to get killed in the media, and a lot of loyal fans have truly had enough. A quarter century was fair.

The results will of course speak for themselves.

I think his recent frustration was much more about realizing he will need to give up some control than lack of sleep.

Realistically though, if he brings in the right guy, doesnt undermine him, this team can be in contention (I mean against the league, not the pathetic NFC East) after two offseasons.

We will all know before long what he is thinking, and if we have a chance anytime soon, or we just need to wait until he is in a box before we see any results.

A frustrated old man who now knows his ineptness of 25 years can no longer be excused or covered up.
No one beats Nature and Jerry is almost 80 the rest the good Lord will work out here.
Will the next Prince (Stephen) take the throne as the New KING in Big D....

P.S. And may God be merciful on us!

sdfidaho

Reaction score
A frustrated old man who now knows his ineptness of 25 years can no longer be excused or covered up.
No one beats Nature and Jerry is almost 80 the rest the good Lord will work out here.
Will the next Prince (Stephen) take the throne as the New KING in Big D....

P.S. And may God be merciful on us!

Amen

doomsday9084

Reaction score

We all know what the results would be in that case.

I guess I could be wrong but I for one am going to pay a helluva lot less attention because I'm done with Jerry the GM slash meddling owner. Time for a Parcells situation. He did it before. We are there again. We arent exactly 5-11 three years in a row but those teams SHOULD have won five games. These teams wont do much more, and get smacked anytime they play any decent staff willing to do a little homework.

Hopefully you are right but I think that Jerry has proven over and over again that he would rather lose his way than win with him stepping back. He seems to be almost panicked at this point at the thought of someone other than Garret as coach.

As a fan, I'm not sure if I am bothered by the team's performance or Jerry's reaction to it more. The team performance is a short term issue. If Jerry really is going to mandate that the team may not have competent coaching nor player accountability while he is here, then the Cowboys will not be good until he is gone.

LandryFan

Proud Native Texan, USMC-1972-79, USN-1983-2000
Reaction score
People like to say he can do whatever he wants, but not really.

After all that's been put out there lately, if he tries to pull the usual crap....like hire another puppet, hire assistants before a HC, try to force assistants on to a HC candidate, he is just going to continue to get killed in the media, and a lot of loyal fans have truly had enough. A quarter century was fair.
Actually, it was totally UNFAIR, IMO, but I get what you're saying.

fivetwos

Reaction score
Hopefully you are right but I think that Jerry has proven over and over again that he would rather lose his way than win with him stepping back. He seems to be almost panicked at this point at the thought of someone other than Garret as coach.

As a fan, I'm not sure if I am bothered by the team's performance or Jerry's reaction to it more. The team performance is a short term issue. If Jerry really is going to mandate that the team may not have competent coaching nor player accountability while he is here, then the Cowboys will not be good until he is gone.
Agreed, but if he pulls the same old routine, and the results dont change, people are going to start walking away.

Its one thing to just not be any good, in rebuilding mode, but this team is caught in a serious no man's land right now.