I think most of you don’t understand

Awakened

the Dude abides
Reaction score
The Cowboys have the luxury of playing the long game. They got a healthy lead in the division, and I think McCarthy understands that we want to be peaking at the end of the season. So we’re resting guys who are banged up, giving them plenty of time to be 100% and fresh for the next two months. I actually think it’s good for Cooper to have a couple of weeks to heal up.

That includes Tyron and the entire original starting DL. Some of you are panicking, but I don’t think the Cowboys are. I think McCarthy knows it’s a long season, longer than ever this year. You don’t want to go full throttle in the middle of the season and be worn out when you get to the playoffs.

MysteryIceGuro

Reaction score
No. We do not have the luxury of playing the long game. No team does. You sound crazy.

Philly is two wins behind us. WFT 3. Giants may win tonight and catch fire. Dallas has lost 2 of last 3 games. Horrendous and we are losing our “cushion”. We don’t have time to rest and this team needs to learn how to win even when injured.

Mr_437

Reaction score
I think fans are panicking for sure haha. But, there are legitimate concerns...the biggest one is finding the right OL combination and re-establishing a strong running game identity.

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
No. We do not have the luxury of playing the long game. No team does. You sound crazy.

Philly is two wins behind us. WFT 3. Giants may win tonight and catch fire. Dallas has lost 2 of last 3 games. Horrendous and we are losing our “cushion”. We don’t have time to rest and this team needs to learn how to win even when injured.
PHL is 2.5 games behind and DAL has the head-to-head and a 5-1 to 4-3 edge in the conference.

However, that could get cut down faster than we realize but they have one game with DAL and two with NYG and WFT. There are quite a few East games from here on out that will be crucial.

bewp7

Reaction score
maybe but i do not like that thinking

mess around and think long term and make stuff more hard just to be safe and watch dak get hurt because of the stupid o line without tyron and then the entire season is done. all it take is one play for every thing to be over.

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
There is still playoff seeding to consider as well. Also, we haven't wrapped this division. Not by a long shot. Eagles and WFT have both been improving every week and our games with them are almost always nail biters.

Beaker42

Reaction score
The Cowboys have the luxury of playing the long game. They got a healthy lead in the division, and I think McCarthy understands that we want to be peaking at the end of the season. So we’re resting guys who are banged up, giving them plenty of time to be 100% and fresh for the next two months. I actually think it’s good for Cooper to have a couple of weeks to heal up.

That includes Tyron and the entire original starting DL. Some of you are panicking, but I don’t think the Cowboys are. I think McCarthy knows it’s a long season, longer than ever this year. You don’t want to go full throttle in the middle of the season and be worn out when you get to the playoffs.
They’re gonna jack around d with the “long game” and find themselves on the short end.

rambo2

Reaction score

You are the crazy one. Philly and the Giants have 6 losses and they play each other. The Cowboys have 3 losses and beat both of those teams.

Beaker42

Reaction score
There is still playoff seeding to consider as well. Also, we haven't wrapped this division. Not by a long shot. Eagles and WFT have both been improving every week and our games with them are almost always nail biters.
At this point, with this squad playing so poorly right now, I’d give the edge to all 3 NFCE teams over the Cowboys. Not impressed.

rambo2

Reaction score

You are correct.

CarolinaFathead

Reaction score
Playing for the long haul is fine and dandy as long as we win our divisional games. This strategy leaves the margin for error pretty slim and if we have a road game snafu ….

Still I get it..

Id rather be healthy and dangerous but maybe short a couple wins heading to the playoffs than the other way around.

RonWashington

Reaction score

You had me going until you said “ the Giants may win tonight and catch fire “ …a dumpster fire.

As to having the “ luxury of resting players “ that’s insane. If your healthy the coach the owners the fans all expect to see the best roster you can put on the field week to week . This isn’t preseason where Dak and Amari and Tyrone and co have the luxury of wearing civilian clothes and trading chuckles in the art gallery . Dallas still has road games in all NFC East cities and to those teams those fans that’s a “ playoff “ game to them they will be jacked .

Sydla

Reaction score

Our “healthy” division lead could be 1.5 games if they don’t beat the Raiders Thursday, with the Eagles staring at a ridiculously easy schedule in December.

Some times it’s best to not get cute and over think things.

fivetwos

Reaction score
If they dont get the one or two seed they will most likely need to win two road playoff games to advance to the Super Bowl.

Anyone know how times that's happened in team history?

Once.