I think that we are set to finally see the potential of this team unleashed

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
What is your confidence level in this defense? Spec the coaches

Good, but not quite as high as the other two areas of offense and special teams.

Honestly? I wish roles were changed and George Edwards was the coordinator and Nolan was coaching linebackers. But I think they're all veteran guys that will work well together and figure it out. I think Tomsula is in his perfect role and I'm excited to see what he can do with this defensive line talent.

How about you?

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yes overdue my point still stands hand him THIS TEAM THIS ROSTER for 2020 we are back in the payoffs either way..its been the DC calling card for better part of the decade he spent here..one up one downs, well 8-8 was down Jerry brought in some leak seal and for sure this is BS narrative on now garetts gone how 2020 was all MM regardless of outcome..

But aren't you wanting off of that 'one up, one down' cycle, where you lose even when you do make the playoffs?

this is a totally improved defense and ST, we already had a top offense..thats my point garett did not have defense like this id say maybe the entire time hes coached. Some of it is his fault for trusting Marinelli and Richard and whoever that ST coach was so yes im glad hes gone but once again i know he would have had a good year with this revamped defensive and ST roster..

Pure speculation. Unproveable.

blueblood70

Reaction score
But aren't you wanting off of that 'one up, one down' cycle, where you lose even when you do make the playoffs?

Pure speculation. Unproveable.
so is this premise on being set thread, its all paper speculation from fans..MM can fail as well..whats your point? its provable more because we saw it from Garett his entire time here especially the last 6 seasons....IMO he would have done very well with this new roster with simply changing ST coach and defensive coordinators..yes i believe that....

all unprovable until its not..MM was a coach without job after a couple bad seasons and him comign here and succeeding over along period all speculation..

yes im glad garetts gone but thats not the point..

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
so is this premise on being set thread, its all paper speculation from fans..MM can fail as well..whats your point?

The point is that my beliefs can be proven - right or wrong - while the other cannot and is just words.

its provable more because we saw it from Garett his entire time here especially the last 6 seasons....IMO he would have done very well with this new roster with simply changing ST coach and defensive coordinators..yes i believe that....

Believe whatever you want, it will never come to pass to be proven.

all unprovable until its not..MM was a coach without job after a couple bad seasons and him comign here and succeeding over along period all speculation..

What isn't speculation is a proven track record of playoff appearances and a Super Bowl. While Garrett proved in 10 years that he was never up to the job.

Those are facts.

yes im glad garetts gone but thats not the point..

It sure is for me.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I love the this is so much better that last year phase we're in right now. I can't wait until next year when we hear how much better it is than this year.
If you don't think we have a better group of talent this year, that's okay, but do you care to share why you think that way?

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm not convinced we are even going to have a season at this point. College football is cancelled. What makes anyone think that 1/4 of the league isn't going to get Covid?

Better protocols in place to prevent it spreading, and no student body to consider either. The players do have to attend classes, and exposed to hundreds if not thousands of others. As where the NFL players don't have to be.

JoeKing

Diehard
Reaction score
I think the Cowboys are paper champions that will never live up to their expectations.

JBS

Reaction score
Good, but not quite as high as the other two areas of offense and special teams.

Honestly? I wish roles were changed and George Edwards was the coordinator and Nolan was coaching linebackers. But I think they're all veteran guys that will work well together and figure it out. I think Tomsula is in his perfect role and I'm excited to see what he can do with this defensive line talent.

How about you?

I basically agree w all of that. Nolan as DC is very high up on my list of concerns heading into this season. If he can prove to be a quality DC that might be the X factor to the entire season

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I basically agree w all of that. Nolan as DC is very high up on my list of concerns heading into this season. If he can prove to be a quality DC that might be the X factor to the entire season

I share some concerns as well.

blueblood70

Reaction score
The point is that my beliefs can be proven - right or wrong - while the other cannot and is just words.

Believe whatever you want, it will never come to pass to be proven.

What isn't speculation is a proven track record of playoff appearances and a Super Bowl. While Garrett proved in 10 years that he was never up to the job.

Those are facts.

It sure is for me.
breaking down my posts in quotes doesnt make your argument any better..i say Garett with this roster would have been 10 plus wind and in the playoffs..

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
breaking down my posts in quotes doesnt make your argument any better..i say Garett with this roster would have been 10 plus wind and in the playoffs..

And I say you're wasting my time with an unprovable hypothetical.

Plankton

Reaction score
:clap:

My thoughts too. It's pretty obvious we have the talent, ESPECIALLY on offense.
There's no reason NOT to feel optimistic about this offense, especially with an offensive-minded coach. And if we fix the defense too? The NFC Championship should be the floor.

the-ceiling-is-kev8fw.jpg

fivetwos

Reaction score
And I say you're wasting my time with an unprovable hypothetical.
Lining up and doing 'what you do' and try to stop it may be good enough against a weak division and teams tanking for draft position, but once you get deep into the playoffs, no beuno.

I'm fairly sure that can be proven given the last NFC title game appearance by Dallas.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score
The OP woke up this morning and decided to boost his ego with some free likes. The result was a milquetoast post that makes Redball’s stream of consciousness posts look hard-hitting. “Hey guys, Garrett’s gone, we won the draft, everything’s great!” It seems he was genuinely surprised that some people weren’t moved by this nonsense, which is odd since he’s embarrassed every other day on here.
But yeah, the homers never learn on here... fast forward to next year, they’ll have the same stupid expressions in there face wondering what went wrong.
So..

Super_Kazuya that silver tongued devil hits it on the head..

Boom. He says..

"was a milquetoast post that makes Redball’s stream of consciousness posts look hard-hitting."

Very astute brother and just as funny.

Nice.

And I see what you did there. Hmmmm..

Scotman

Reaction score
I was all but done without a coaching change. And, to me, I think you're seeing a transition at the top, too. Jerry has been much less visible/vocal. I think he's turning over the reigns to Stephen. Will Stephen be any better? Who knows. But I'm welcoming the change. I'm happy to have McCarthy here as well. I'm optimistic. I KNOW what we were doing wasn't working. So, I'm hope fulled by the changes.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I was all but done without a coaching change. And, to me, I think you're seeing a transition at the top, too. Jerry has been much less visible/vocal. I think he's turning over the reigns to Stephen. Will Stephen be any better? Who knows. But I'm welcoming the change. I'm happy to have McCarthy here as well. I'm optimistic. I KNOW what we were doing wasn't working. So, I'm hope fulled by the changes.

:yourock:

Beaker42

Reaction score
You have to laugh when they say we won the draft and got the best receiver in the draft when no one has played even a single exhibition snap. These people never learn with the draft stuff.
Why are you here if hate the team so much??