I think that we are set to finally see the potential of this team unleashed

PAPPYDOG

There are no Dak haters just Cowboy lovers!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Garrett's gone.

Anchors aweigh!
f7e999e025db4369e88d71568c64abd6.gif
I sincerely hope you are correct!!!!

Redline360

Reaction score
I'm not worried about the offense one bit as they are going to put up ridiculous numbers again with the amount of talent on that side of the ball. It's the defense that has plagued this team since the Romo years bar a couple years here and there. IF we can get the defense rolling no reason why this is not a championship team.

Still not sold on Mike Nolan though

Runwildboys

Confused about stuff
Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Interesting factoid:

Guess how many Super Bowl or Championship Games Parcells went to without Belichick?
I'm one who wasn't all that impressed with Parcells and his time in Dallas. Just because someone can make snarky comments doesn't mean they're at the top of their field...or that their opinion means anything.

MikeB80

Reaction score
I love the this is so much better that last year phase we're in right now. I can't wait until next year when we hear how much better it is than this year.

Its the mid august "we can't believe how talented we are, how did they let us get all this talent on one team" moment. Every year.

last year the local media and Jerry said it was the most talent since the 95 super bowl team.

They went 8-8 and looked miserable doing it in the second half of the season.

then January the same people were like....maybe if they had some talent on this team....Poor Dak and company don't have enough talent.

This whole season is about Baltimore and Kansas City. The nfc is an after thought.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm one who wasn't all that impressed with Parcells and his time in Dallas. Just because someone can make snarky comments doesn't mean they're at the top of their field...or that their opinion means anything.

I respected what he accomplished, even if the records weren't all we hoped for. He navigated the team from the 5-11 Campo disasters back to respectability. And along with Sean Payton, gave us a much-needed quarterback.

But Parcells grew much too conservative by the point in his career when he was in Dallas. Everything had to be 'reigned in'. That was to his detriment.

But again, I'll be grateful that he left us better than he found us.

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
I think that we are set to finally see the potential of this team unleashed. Not only from the players that have been here, but the number of new faces that have been added. Maybe I'm homering out, but my optimism is sky-high with the 2020 Dallas Cowboys. I confess to always feeling some measure of this at the start of each new season, but it feels much higher this season. And the reports on players, coaches, schemes and lineups only serves to increase it.

The front office has remade the defensive line in one offseason. And not with bums, but with proven veteran talent. These guys have Pro Bowl pedigree, and the Cowboys somehow got all of them for far less than what anyone could have expected.

Dallas had a phenomenal draft and somehow managed to see the best receiver in the draft fall in their laps. They followed that up with several more hits and positions of need.

And now they finally have a capable, creative coaching staff in place putting it all together.

I think the results are going to be stark and that this team is going to finally show the potential they've had for several years now. The roadblocks have been removed and this team has a real shot to win a championship this year.

200.gif

Yes... this has been a very good offseason.

Offense has been slightly upgraded.
Defense has been significantly upgraded.
Special teams has been massively upgraded.
Coaching is greatly improved and actually competent.

Definitely positioned to be a contender in the NFC at this point— if the players produce to expectations. Lots to be positive about.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Yes... this has been a very good offseason.

Offense has been slightly upgraded.
Defense has been significantly upgraded.
Special teams has been massively upgraded.
Coaching is greatly improved and actually competent.

Definitely positioned to be a contender in the NFC at this point— if the players produce to expectations. Lots to be positive about.

:hammer:

MikeB80

Reaction score
Interesting factoid:

Guess how many Super Bowl or Championship Games Parcells went to without Belichick?

So dumb.

Belichick was in cleveland when Parcells rebuilt the patriots. Belichick's veteran browns team beat parcells young pats team in the playoffs. He joined him for one year there, the year all the talent was maturing and battle tested. It all came together great that year in 96.

Parcells turned the sad sack giants into a championship team along with a great owner and gm. He also had a great staff. A staff he assembled.

Did the same in new england with most of his giants staff and the jets. In Dallas he had none of his former staff, a terrible gm, a terrible offense and they went to the playoffs. He rebuilt the organization. He just didn't really build his traditional way until the 05 season. He wasted the 03 and 04 seasons because there was so much to do.

Nit picking like this on one of the all time great coaches in the sport is so ignorant. You can nit pick this kind of thing to death whether its coaches with coaches or coaches with players or certain players with certain coaches. Its just ignorant.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I think that we are set to finally see the potential of this team unleashed. Not only from the players that have been here, but the number of new faces that have been added. Maybe I'm homering out, but my optimism is sky-high with the 2020 Dallas Cowboys. I confess to always feeling some measure of this at the start of each new season, but it feels much higher this season. And the reports on players, coaches, schemes and lineups only serves to increase it.

The front office has remade the defensive line in one offseason. And not with bums, but with proven veteran talent. These guys have Pro Bowl pedigree, and the Cowboys somehow got all of them for far less than what anyone could have expected.

Dallas had a phenomenal draft and somehow managed to see the best receiver in the draft fall in their laps. They followed that up with several more hits and positions of need.

And now they finally have a capable, creative coaching staff in place putting it all together.

I think the results are going to be stark and that this team is going to finally show the potential they've had for several years now. The roadblocks have been removed and this team has a real shot to win a championship this year.

200.gif

Very difficult to predict anything this year.

In theory, the lock-out and no preseason games is more detrimental to the teams with new coaching staffs.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
That's well-deserved credit that the Jerry haters just can't give the man. Just because they're willfully ignorant doesn't mean the rest of us can't see.

I hope your optimism proves to be well founded, and I dislike the term "haters" - Jerry's side show is one of the more entertaining aspects of his team - but so far all the Cowboys have won in 2020 is the offseason.

I'm holding off on the accolades until the new and improved Cowboys actually accomplish something on the field. Until that happens he's still the same Jerry who gave us a decade of Jason Garrett.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So dumb.

Belichick was in cleveland when Parcells rebuilt the patriots. Belichick's veteran browns team beat parcells young pats team in the playoffs. He joined him for one year there, the year all the talent was maturing and battle tested. It all came together great that year in 96.

Parcells turned the sad sack giants into a championship team along with a great owner and gm. He also had a great staff. A staff he assembled.

Did the same in new england with most of his giants staff and the jets. In Dallas he had none of his former staff, a terrible gm, a terrible offense and they went to the playoffs. He rebuilt the organization. He just didn't really build his traditional way until the 05 season. He wasted the 03 and 04 seasons because there was so much to do.

Nit picking like this on one of the all time great coaches in the sport is so ignorant. You can nit pick this kind of thing to death whether its coaches with coaches or coaches with players or certain players with certain coaches. Its just ignorant.

You would sure know "ignorant".

Nobody on this forum does wrong as well as you do.

If you say 'Up', the correct answer is 'Down'. If you say 'left', the correct answer is 'right'.

All these word you typed and the fact remains that you can't argue a single word of what I said, because it's 100% fact.

As good as Bill Parcells might have been, he never accomplished anything of note without Bill Belichick on his staff.

Deal with that truth.

pitt33

Reaction score
This season’s success hinges on the usual stuff every year in the NFL...and one outlier:

• The quarterback
  • The coaches
  • Talent
  • Depth
  • Winning more close games than you lose
  • Home field
  • Injuries
  • COVID 19
And there you have it.

Quite simple really.

MikeB80

Reaction score
You would sure know "ignorant".

Nobody on this forum does wrong as well as you do.

If you say 'Up', the correct answer is 'Down'. If you say 'left', the correct answer is 'right'.

All these word you typed and the fact remains that you can't argue a single word of what I said, because it's 100% fact.

As good as Bill Parcells might have been, he never accomplished anything of note without Bill Belichick on his staff.

Deal with that truth.

yea that guy sucked. So did marty schottenheimer.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I hope your optimism proves to be well founded, and I dislike the term "haters" - Jerry's side show is one of the more entertaining aspects of his team - but so far all the Cowboys have won in 2020 is the offseason.

I dislike the term myself and will continue to try not to use it. I get on another poster for alway bringing it up and don't want to be like that.

I'm holding off on the accolades until the new and improved Cowboys actually accomplish something on the field. Until that happens he's still the same Jerry who gave us a decade of Jason Garrett.

I'm cool if someone wants to hold off in praising him, as long as they're not living on past anger and trying to ignore the good that he has undoubtedly done. And letting that anger stain what is currently happening. It's good stuff.

Preoccupied

Reaction score
I love the this is so much better that last year phase we're in right now. I can't wait until next year when we hear how much better it is than this year.
Are we really?

I will wait and see how each game pans out as always.

Redball Express

All Aboard!!!
Reaction score

The shackles have finally been removed from this team and they now have actual, bonafide, NFL level coaching.

How long have we heard teams were being tipped about what play was coming and stopped.

Remember our playoff game we lost after we beat Seattle in the playoffs in 2018.?

The Rams crowed long and loud about how basic our schemes were and that we were 'telling' before the snap?

The former staff never addressed it and killed us game in and out.

Obviously the new staff saw it on defense.

Let's hope Moore sees it on offense.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Very difficult to predict anything this year.

In theory, the lock-out and no preseason games is more detrimental to the teams with new coaching staffs.

In theory, yes. But these are also seasoned, veteran coaches, so preparation might be different, but it's not new.

And if McCarthy was as prepared as has been claimed before and after his hire, that level of preparation should have carried over into what they did manage to get done.

All early reports and indications have been good.

Preoccupied

Reaction score
You have to laugh when they say we won the draft and got the best receiver in the draft when no one has played even a single exhibition snap. These people never learn with the draft stuff.
This/ end thread.

Sigh I will wait and see how each game pans out......