I think this is Romo's 13th career start?....

sago1

Reaction score
Geez, for a QB whose only making his 13th(?) career start, the media, analysts & other teams sure have a lot to say about his play. How many other teams have QBs who've performed anywhere near as good as he has with less then 1 year field experience. If he continues to play at this high level in the Chicago game, there's no way any real football fan wouldn't include him in the top 10 (if not the top 5) QBs in the NFL.

Of course NFL East opponents and many fans of other teams can't stand him and predict his failure. Why not? After all many of their teams have spent first rounders on their QB with a lot less quality performance -- and you can included Train Rex (which is what some in Chicago call Grossman). Also being QB of the Dallas Cowboys doesn't help him in a lot of circles.

It is nice to have a QB who is feared with all the winners we've had at QB since Troy Aikman retired.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
sago1;1659034 said:
Geez, for a QB whose only making his 13th(?) career start, the media, analysts & other teams sure have a lot to say about his play. How many other teams have QBs who've performed anywhere near as good as he has with less then 1 year field experience. If he continues to play at this high level in the Chicago game, there's no way any real football fan wouldn't include him in the top 10 (if not the top 5) QBs in the NFL.

Of course NFL East opponents and many fans of other teams can't stand him and predict his failure. Why not? After all many of their teams have spent first rounders on their QB with a lot less quality performance -- and you can included Train Rex (which is what some in Chicago call Grossman). Also being QB of the Dallas Cowboys doesn't help him in a lot of circles.

It is nice to have a QB who is feared with all the winners we've had at QB since Troy Aikman retired.

Being a Cowboy, he will always be hated with minimal props.

Train Rex :lmao:

It does feel good to have Romo... to finally have someone under center that you can at the very least have some faith in..... and then some...

AbeBeta

Reaction score
Over those 12 starts, Romo has a passer rating of 98.4.

That's better than guys like Palmer, Rivers, and Brady over the same period. Those guys also sat and learned like Romo.

Just freaking unreal.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
abersonc;1659101 said:

That's better than guys like Palmer, Rivers, and Brady over the same period. Those guys also sat and learned like Romo.

Just freaking unreal.

Leaving out playoff game?

AbeBeta

Reaction score
YoMick;1659165 said:
Leaving out playoff game?

In that game his rating was 89.6. So the overall passer rating wouldn't be much different if that game was included.

BTW - I didn't include that b/c most sites report PR for just the regular season games as part of the career average.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
abersonc;1659174 said:
In that game his rating was 89.6. So the overall passer rating wouldn't be much different if that game was included.

BTW - I didn't include that b/c most sites report PR for just the regular season games as part of the career average.

Gotcha... but the OP was refering to all 13 games... try not to deviate will ya

theogt

Surrealist
Reaction score
abersonc;1659101 said:

Just freaking unreal.
Peyton Manning wasn't able to put up those sort of numbers until his 6th year in the league.

jem88

Reaction score
abersonc;1659101 said:

Just freaking unreal.
I think the key is that they sat and learned. Of course some QBs get thrown right in and do well but I think it's a safer bet to let them sit back and observe for a season or two.

punchnjudy

Reaction score
Romo will be fine as long as the defense keeps us out of positions where the opponent knows we have to pass. That's what happened last year down the stretch, and any QB will have interceptions if their D gives up 30 points per game. Even Peyton Manning.

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
YoMick;1659178 said:
The OP said this week will be his 13th start. You can't include stats from a game that hasn't happened yet.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
YoMick;1659178 said:

That would make this his 14th start then.

try to follow along, okay?

sago1

Reaction score
Actually I had a question mark after 13th cause I wasn't sure. I think he started in 10 last year and the game against the Bears will be his 13th. I didn't count playoff game cause you rarely see any stats from playoff games included in a QB's record. It's listed separately.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
peplaw06;1659223 said:
The OP said this week will be his 13th start. You can't include stats from a game that hasn't happened yet.

This will be his 14th start.

abersonc;1659240 said:
That would make this his 14th start then.

try to follow along, okay?

Wait a sec.... you said you werent counting playoff game... make up your mind :laugh2: and like pep said... you cant include stats from game that never happened.

peplaw06

That Guy
Reaction score
YoMick;1659465 said:
This will be his 14th start.

Wait a sec.... you said you werent counting playoff game... make up your mind :laugh2: and like pep said... you cant include stats from game that never happened.
Romo started 10 games last season. He came in at halftime of our 6th game. The playoff start doesn't count, because those stats don't go to your career stats in the NFL. And even if those stats did count, his rting was 89 like ab said, wouldn't change his career rating much.

This is his third start this season, thus his 13th regular season start. That's what matters for the purposes of stat-keeping.

LittleBoyBlue

Redvolution
Reaction score
peplaw06;1659484 said:
Romo started 10 games last season. He came in at halftime of our 6th game. The playoff start doesn't count, because those stats don't go to your career stats in the NFL. And even if those stats did count, his rting was 89 like ab said, wouldn't change his career rating much.

This is his third start this season, thus his 13th regular season start. That's what matters for the purposes of stat-keeping.

Yes. Understood. I was just listing all of his starts.

Its a pleasant bonus to have that playoff game mixed in with (less than 16 games total)regular season totals. How many QB's play many full season before even getting to one playoff game.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
jem88;1659203 said:
I think the key is that they sat and learned. Of course some QBs get thrown right in and do well but I think it's a safer bet to let them sit back and observe for a season or two.
So right now is the time to draft a young QB, and start letting him learn behind Romo - If Romo is great though, he could be sitting behind Romo for the next 10 years. :D